Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypnotherapy/Regression to recall information about the sighting of an apparition.

Options
  • 12-05-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody has tried this before? Would it even work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

im confused. if you saw a ghost surely you;d remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

maccored wrote: »
    im confused. if you saw a ghost surely you;d remember?

Of course you'll remember it but if you were the only one who saw it, how do you know you actually saw it? If you see an apparition it is very hard to make sense of it because what you're seeing defies all logic, even when you see one with your own eyes it's very hard to make sense of it because things like this are simply not supposed to exist. With a regression you might be able to prove what you saw actually happened or gain some insight into what happened or what you saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Dramatik wrote: »
    Of course you'll remember it but if you were the only one who saw it, how do you know you actually saw it? If you see an apparition it is very hard to make sense of it because what you're seeing defies all logic, even when you see one with your own eyes it's very hard to make sense of it because things like this are simply not supposed to exist. With a regression you might be able to prove what you saw actually happened or gain some insight into what happened or what you saw.

But even if the regression works and you remember what you saw, it still proves nothing. What do you think you saw?

It's for myself rather than scientifically or for anyone else. I posted my story years ago in the experiences thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67485475

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

After reading your account on the other page, your query makes a lot more sense.
    I think that maybe if you are regressed, you could attempt to deconstruct what happened, and figure out how you got so close to the tree.
    This may sound strange to you but have you ever heard of time slips? It sounds a little like that.

• Advertisement

That's really strange, just looked it up there on wiki. That seems to make a lot of sense there are a lot of similarities especially in Moberly's account "There were no effects of light and shade, and no wind stirred the trees. It was all intensely still." I'm starting to wonder now if there could possibly be some factor that could trigger someone to enter into regression/hypnotic state without knowing, maybe some kind of sound frequency. I know that certain high and low frequencys, above and below the audible range can have different effects on humans.

funny you mention sound frequency - thats something myself and a friend of mine are currently researching, specifically pre-christian religions and how they used to put themselves into trances to travel to the 'other world'. We are working under the assumption they used some form of sound frequency.

Well I'm a skeptic at heart so all I have to go on is my personal experience and being a skeptic my brain won't let me except that it actually happened without knowing the reasons behind why I had this experience. There must be some cause or trigger for the experience. The only thing I could come up with is some kind of frequency or some set of specific frequencies triggering it which puts a person into an altered state of reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

maccored wrote: »
    funny you mention sound frequency - thats something myself and a friend of mine are currently researching, specifically pre-christian religions and how they used to put themselves into trances to travel to the 'other world'. We are working under the assumption they used some form of sound frequency.

I did read a paper once, a long time ago, that the acoustic effects of passage graves could cause this physiological response. Backed up with the cup marks in the stone, some academics think that the repetitive motion could cause the same effect. If its true it shows the occupants of the space were using it to obtain a trance like state. Possibly something to consider?

we've been looking at caves, but its very early in the researching part. Theres a few ideas knocking around that have yet to be tried. the natural acoustics might have something to do with it - Im not too sure. we did an experiment with artificially created frequencies and we both saw weird **** for about 20 secs but it was only when each of us stood in one particular part of the cave. Dont forget the place was so dark I couldnt see my hands so I have no idea how or what it was I was seeing (wavy, pulsating thick lines of grey was what I was seeing). Thats a long story though.
    Riamfada wrote: »
    I did read a paper once, a long time ago, that the acoustic effects of passage graves could cause this physiological response. Backed up with the cup marks in the stone, some academics think that the repetitive motion could cause the same effect. If its true it shows the occupants of the space were using it to obtain a trance like state. Possibly something to consider?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Riamfada wrote: »

You experienced a psychotic episode or you ingested a hallucinogenic unknowingly. You might think about what could have caused it; were you very tired, stressed etc, and take measures to protect your mental wellbeing. It is worth mentioning to a doctor and if you experience any other causes for concern about your mental health you need to seek medical attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Even if nothing happened, the suggestion of a question being presented while under hypnosis could alter and bias any factual information you may be retaining regarding the question.

Does that make sense?

I'm basing my answer on the work of hypnotherapists that work with supposed alien abductees. Most times when people visit these therapists, they divulge the scenario, date, time and feelings prior to being hypnotised - the therapist then works to clarify the events but also allows the patient to fantasize which can lead to some pretty creepy stories.

Does hypnosis work? Yep.
    Does it give you facts rather than fantasy? Nope.

In fact, I'd go so far to say that as a therapy if it's done wrong, it can cause far more damage than it fixes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

I guess that hypnotherapy could, in othet cases, remember a forgotten aspect of the apparent apparition that explains things more or that gives a non-paranormal explanation... JBG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

I have done a fair bit of regression over the years , it can bring back memories but can also bring back false memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

RE: Apparition...

I am a trance & mental medium.. (professionally trained)

What happened to you.. is called clairvoyance .. but sounds objectively. Which means you can see with your external senses - your own eyes as opposed to subjectively which is usually like playing a movie in your head. Which it could be also, depends if you zoned out whilst looking at the tree..

The freezing of time.. is what normally happens to me when you I get something psychically... I describe it as like taking a picture but zooming in and everything else zooms out and its freezes where I get the psychic information....

I have done past life regression.. I wouldn't regress, I would just accept that you have psychic abilities like every other person on the planet.. but prob more than most ---(although if it is objective clairvoyance then you could be a natural medium) i.e. where you "see" spirits.

Every person is psychic, but not every psychic is a medium! Embrace it.. I had to.. the initial fear of your first experiences usually cause great concern but you desensitise after a while and more wonderful stuff happens then ;o)

If other stuff happens.. try out a psychic development circle. That way you will experience more and find out what your abilities really are...
    However, as I linked with your vision.. I got the intuitive thought that it was in fact mediumship.. I then got pictures of what I used to pick up on, in my early mediumship..which was if I stayed in an old hotel.. I would see, feel old maids etc wandering around the room.. very similar to what you experienced.

Advertisement