Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

That clock-ticking sound was just a beetle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Click_beetle

Fair play to the beetle who survived for 6 years in the same corner in my room. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    Fair play to the beetle who survived for 6 years in the same corner in my room. :pac:

They breed:pac:

There were no beetles in my room. I always kept my room spotless, I would know if something creepy crawly was there. I'm not saying that the ticking was paranormal, but it was strange, and your insistence that it's a beetle is quite annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

There were no beetles in my room. I always kept my room spotless, I would know if something creepy crawly was there. I'm not saying that the ticking was paranormal, but it was strange, and your insistence that it's a beetle is quite annoying.

Thats cos it was:D

Here you go:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1077

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Here you go:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1077

No need to get snippy just because someone is presenting you with a perfectly rational explanation. We used to have that ticking in my family home. It is annoying. But it is, most definitely an insect we called a 'clock' beetle. They sound exactly like a clock and it used to scare me as a kid. But there was never any assumption it was paranormal, they are very common, Mam just shrugged and told me it was a 'clock'. Ours used to be in the attic, so youd hear the ticking in the ceiling, and yes, it went on for years, from the same area. Being spotlessly clean has nothing to do with it, the things live in woodwork (roofing beams etc).

I'm "snippy" because this person is clearly trying to provoke me by pushing an explanation on me. I don't know what it was, and I never claimed for it to be paranormal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

It was definitely a clock beetle. We have them too. Horrid yokes.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 known

Hello, Ive had many non possibly beetle related experiences in my life. im loving the thread, only on page 6 so far but in the next few weeks ill get through them all. ill briefly go through some of mine.

The scariest one was when I spent a week at a dorm in the country, it was in an old castle and i was with all strangers. it was a summer camp. So there was two per room and i was stuck with a 10 year old. One night while he was sleeping(I know because he had the most annoying snore that wasnt too loud but enough to know he was fast asleep), i could hear footsteps on the stairs and that in the hall. the bathroom was right next to my room. i could than hear the taps going on and off. This was really weird as it wasnt just one tap but many taps being turned on and than off. So after that my room door started creeping open and i could just feel a coldness going from the far end of the room towards me, it was as if a draft was just going towards me and no where else. i could sense eyes moving towards me. I freaked out and woke up my roommate. when he awoke i could feel nothing else. I closed the door and wasnt able to sleep for the rest of the night because of the foot steps in the hall.

Another odd experience I had was with a friend of mine. We were roller blading in my drive way and went to my garage to take them off when we had enough. There we say this blue mist just floating around going from one side of the garage towards us. We legged it and went inside. So later we were in my room just sitting down and I breathed out heavily the same blue mist we had seen earlier. Both of us couldnt understand what was happening, the mist went towards the window and disappeared.

Ill give ye one last one otherwise this post will take up the whole page lol. One day I was just sitting in my room and hearld knocking on my window. My room was on the top floor of our house and it was a velux so you cant access it from outside at all. So i ignored the knocking as i was getting into my book. Again i hearld the knocking louder and louder. I asked "it" to stop, so there was no more for a bit. Intrigued i asked "it" to knock again, i hearld a knock and every time i asked for a knock id get one. Than i stopped asking and there was no more. Later in the week i found out that my cousin had killed himself that day. Im not claiming that there is a connection between the two or that any of these experience as paranormal activites but i do believe that there is a relationship towards some sort of energy or maybe it could be a spirit. who knows.:confused:

sorry for the long post, im enjoying all the stories. I might post another one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I had no interest in the paranormal up until a few years ago when I had an experience walking home one night, I still wonder about this experience to this day and it's led me here to see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

One night I was walking through a small short cut close to my gaff minding my own business when I saw a tree to my left appeared to have a ladys face on it. At first I could barely see it but it seemed to get brighter and brighter showing more detail on the face until I could see what looked like a woman dressed in what looked like a maids uniform or some kind of clothing with an apron, allthough I couldn't see anything below her hips it just kind of faded off after them.

The figure was clearly looking directly at me and she was pointing to a house near by. At this point I noticed that everything was suddenly quiet there was no wind, not even any sounds from the distance, it was like time had frozen or somthing. The ladys mouth was moving it looked like she was trying to tell me somthing but there was no sound coming from her. She had a very concerened look on her face and was still pointing at the house.

It is at this point I felt really frustrated and I started telling her that I couldn't hear what she was saying and I didn't know what she wanted me to do but she kept pointing and mouthing somthing. Her lower torso started to fade, her arms disapeared and her face started changing shape. It, what I can only describe as "morphed" into an angry man's face and I got the feeling he didn't want the lady to tell me what she was trying to tell me.

A few seconds later the face faded away. Now whilst all this was happening I was standing a couple of metres from the tree maybe 10 metres. Sudenly I was right next to it but I've no memory of actually moving beside it, I was so close that the end of my nose was almost toutching it. At this point all the sounds around me started filtering back in and I proceded to leg it as fast as I could back to my house.

To this day I've no idea what happened to me and whether or not it was some kind of crazy hallucination. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before or since that night, it kind of annoyies me as I've no answers to what it could have been and there was no one else with me to ask. I never saw her again and I never found out what she wanted to tell me. I've lots of questions but no answers...

I've told very few people about this only a couple of close friends as I fear I will be ridiculed for it, sure if someone told me the same story I probably would have done the same. Anyway sorry for the long winded post but what happend is extremely hard to explain, I've tried to keep it as short as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Dramatik wrote: »
    she was pointing to a house near by.

Have you ever looked into the history of the house? Would be interesting it something did happen there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

If theres something strange, in your neighbourhood, who you gonna call?

DEREK ACORAH!!! (Premium rates apply)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭stemah

This is a couple of posts i made on another site a long time ago but i thought it would interest you so time to share.

A couple of weeks ago me and my boss were doing the late shift in the pub where i work. At the end of the night he was looking for cling film to cover a jug. He went into the kitchen then came back out and asked where the film had gone to, i told him that i last saw it on the shelf where it always sits. I then went in and both of us hunted the kitchen for this roll of cling film.

Reckoning it must have finished and someone threw the roll out the boss then opened a new pack on the kitchen worktop and brought it out to the bar.

Next morning on opening up the new roll was sitting where we had left it but when he went into the kitchen, the boss found the old roll sitting in the middle of the worktop right where we opened the new roll the night before.

Now, if one of us had missed it, fair enough. But both of us hunted that kitchen together the previous night and that roll was nowhere to be seen.

Also, lightbulbs keep falling out of their holders at night when theres only a couple of people in. He reckons it just a dodgy lot of bulbs but why does it never happen when the pub is busy with more vibrations likely to cause a problem with them.

K, Sorry haven't been online for a whilr. Thought it was time for an update.

One afternoon, about a month ago now, i was working away as concientously as ever!! Anyway, myself and the girl i was working with were standing at the till in front of one of the customers. We heard a voice calling her name clear as day and turned round, when we turrned round we also noticed that the customer at the bar had turned round also. The girl asked him what he wanted but he said that he never said anything but he also heard the voice calling her name and thats why he had turned around, to see who it was. I think you can guess whats coming, no-one was there....

Getting spookier by the day..
    This part has quite freaked me out. At this point i must tell you that i worked in this pub 5/6 years ago and left to work abroad, only returning this summer. Back to the story, I've only rememberd to update cos we were discussing it again last night.

Couple of weeks ago, Friday night.One of the regular customers came in with his wife and stood at the end of the bar talking to some other guy. They never stayed and left after a couple of minutes. I turned to the manager who was standing beside me and said " God, i haven't seen her since i came back" she asked who and i said "*****'s wife, she used to moan about everything". Manager said "who you talking about" i said again ******'s wife, haven't seen her in ages. She then told me that she had died the year before. Manager looked at me and said " you seen her?" and i said that she was standing behind ***** at the bar. Talking about it now she said that i went pale and my face just dropped when i found out that the woman had been dead a year yet i had seen her standing behind her husband at the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 laycolayco

I have seen the ghosts in my house and so have a few others. For the past 3 years we have heard footsteps coming up and down the stairs, what sounds like marbles dropping, music, tv and computer turning on in the middle of the night etc. I find that talking to it seems to calm things down. If something goes missing and we ask for it back it usually turns up. Our cat wont walk around the house on her own and at night the cat can ofter be heard hissing at something or meowing and running away. We started seeing this tall old man dressed in a black suit more or less when we moved into the house. He will usually walk straight past the TV when your watching it or we sometimes see him standing in the kitchen or at the front door. One night when we first moved in My boyfriend and I were sleeping on an inflatable matress in the sitting room while we painted the bedroom. I went out for a pint only to be called home by my mother inlaw. While sleeping in the sittingroom my boyfriend woke to a tall man standing over him. We also have a little old woman dressed all in white wearing a shall. I walked into her one night while trying to leave the house. She just stood there. I was freaked! THere is often a little girl either at the top or at the bottom of the stairs. A few weeks ago while writing down the Lotto numbers a 1 cent coin rolled accross the sittingroom floor. It is a bit freaky but you get used to it. There were a few frightening episodes too tho. I bought a house almost 100 years old and have re wired and re plummed everything so I know I am not suffering from leaky pipes or faulty electrics.

One night while we were doing bold things in bed someone walked from the head of the bed to the end of the room. Both of us saw it. I can tell yas that the romance suddenly died in my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

Brilliant thread. I've only got to page 10 so far, but thought I'd add some of my experiences here before reading the rest.

- I was about 12 and the riding stables I used to go to had a very old house which was used as a tack room, but we also had a toilet off the side of it. One day I was in there going about my business and as I was sat down on the loo, the sink was quite close to me. Next thing the taps turned themselves on and the water was gushing out. I got out of there quite quickly (and no I didn't wash my hands).:D

- Myself and my husband (fiance) at the time rented a house in Mornington, it was in an estate where most of the residents were elderly. It had 3 bedrooms, one which we used for a spare room (read junk room). If you went in to that room you'd get a real old lady perfumey kind of smell. The door would also open itself, get jammed etc. One day I was quite sick in bed and my OH decided he would give the place a good clear out. When he went in, there were a load of mass cards strewn all over the floor. We certainly hadn't been in there, and nobody else could have. Turns out the lady had died in that room.

- This was either late summer 2007, but myself and OH were after having an arguement and we were trying to sort things out. We were sitting in our bedroom on the edge of the bed with the lights off, curtains open, kind of gazing out and just talking. It was dark, but the moon was quite full. Next thing we saw what you could only describe as a woman in long floaty clothes, slightly off the ground, move across the corner of the garden towards the house. We are out in the country, and apparently there is a lot of history going back on the grounds we now have our house built. She didn't move very fast, but both of us just looked at each other and said Holy F what the hell was that.

I am very open to seeing and experiencing things, however my OH is totally NOT. I am sure I have more, but can't think at the moment.

My Nan has some totally bone chilling stories, brought up in the West in the 30's. She wouldn't be one for bullsh*t, and she'd rarely talk about them, so I can't really re-tell the stories as I've only bits and pieces. I will try and ask her again sometime (maybe after a few hot whiskies) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

:o Well and truely freaked now. As I make my way through the thread, a page in the 20's has mentioned the very small village I live in and paranormal activity experienced by another forum member. I nearly choked on my crisps, seriously random, this village gets mentioned nowhere its so small. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

stemah wrote: »
    Couple of weeks ago, Friday night.One of the regular customers came in with his wife and stood at the end of the bar talking to some other guy. They never stayed and left after a couple of minutes. I turned to the manager who was standing beside me and said " God, i haven't seen her since i came back" she asked who and i said "*****'s wife, she used to moan about everything". Manager said "who you talking about" i said again ******'s wife, haven't seen her in ages. She then told me that she had died the year before. Manager looked at me and said " you seen her?" and i said that she was standing behind ***** at the bar. Talking about it now she said that i went pale and my face just dropped when i found out that the woman had been dead a year yet i had seen her standing behind her husband at the bar.
    Now thats what i call a story!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shellib

When I was about 16 I was in bed trying to fall asleep it was about 11:30 on a school night. Next thing I heard my Mum who was in her own bed called me. Usually I would have shouted back to her asking what she wanted but on this occasion I got up and went into her room. I asked her why she call me but she said she didn't say a word, I turned annoyed to go back to bed when there was a crash. I ran to my room where the shelf that was above my bed had fallen onto exactly where my head and neck should have been. There was loads of stuff on that shelf like books, glass ornaments and cds had I been lying there I would have been very badly hurt!
    I like to think it was my guardian angel!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Artisimo

I moved to the area recently and am interested in any spotting, sightings or history of the above here. any tales, stories etc would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

shellib wrote: »
    I ran to my room where the shelf that was above my bed had fallen onto exactly where my head and neck should have been. There was loads of stuff on that shelf like books, glass ornaments and cds had I been lying there I would have been very badly hurt!
    I like to think it was my guardian angel!

I wouldn't have a shelf with that amount of stuff above my bed. There's always the possibility it could fall!!! Though hearing the voice was weird...think someone was definitely watching over you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Have you ever looked into the history of the house? Would be interesting it something did happen there...

I actually know the people who live there so nothing dodgy that I know of happened there. There was also another house in that direction built in the late 1800s but has since been knocked down, I might try look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daredevilfan

Actually since i started posting yesterday (noobie) i forgot to share my experiences from the house i lived in from the ages 5 to 19.

The house in question is in Drogheda co. louth and was built in the 70's.
    the first experience i can recall was myself my older bro. and my folks were all watching the eurovision when ireland won with the song the voice. it cut to a break before the results came in. All of a sudden we all hear clear as day a young boys voice from the hall way calling "mam" we had french doors we could look thru into the hallway.however nobody was there

A couple of weeks later i was having a ciggie with my folks in our utility room off the kitchen. My Bro was puoring tea with his back facing the hallway from where we heard the voice. all of a sudden we heard a huge clap noise like something hit the wall right beside him he looked down to see a coin on the floor spinning like it would if it lands after being thrown.
    that evening my folks went out to a cousins 21st whom i dont get on with. myself and my bro were alone in the house watching Big trouble in little china. the was a huge bang from upstairs which shook our living room faux chandelier.we looked at each other and went into the kitchen and grabbed a knife each as we thought someone is trying to break in.
    went up to check out each room and nothing was there and nothing looked like it had fallen to cause this noise.
    I was wrecked so i went to bed while my brother went back downstairs the landing light was on and looking out a shadow of a person moved across the wall in a direction there was nowhere to go.

one last thing ill mention is when my parents went away for 2 weeks holiday a couple of years later myself and my bro didnt get on and i went to stay in my sisters so my head wouldnt be melted. after 2 to 3 days my brother calls me sayng come home he's getting freaked out he heard voices in the back garden thinking someone was trying to break in.
    I was not having it but he sounded very shaken and my brother is built like brick so he would bust anyone trying.
    i got home a half hour later and my other older brother was there too. himself and my brother asked me to wait at home while they ent to my sisters to pick up my stuff. about 10 mins later i was in the utility room having a smoke and the bang. sounded like a door upstairs being opened and closed forcefully followed by running footsteps across the landing and down the stairs at this point i freaked it and ran out to the front garden wall and waited for my two brothers to come home. when they arrived they asked wat the hell am i doing outside i told the brother living at home and he just said so its happened to you two thats wat i have been hearing since mam and dad went away.
    pretty freaky situations i have a lot more from that house but it would go on too long:o

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

my first experience was in my friends house one summer years ago i was playing the computer when i heard someone calling my name and saying open the door open the door, i looked out the window and saw no body eventually i went to the door and opened it next thing my friend came flying around the corner on her bike, she swore it wasnt her. years later she was telling me this happened all the time when she was in the garden her parents would some out asking what she wanted but she never called them.

The next was in my own house,my sister was going through a hard time said she had a guardian angel who told her everything would be ok.We weren't sure what to believe. Then one evening i was coming out of the bathroom our bedroom was right beside the door was open as i went in i saw a figure standing between our bed i blinked and she was gone, i didnt tell anyone, the next day my sister said that the angel though it was her coming out and thats why she appeared.

My house has always given me the creeps,ive always felt that there was something in the hall way and on the stares just near the top,even as an adult id always run up the top part of the stares. Then one night i was really thirsty but to scared to go down stairs, i used to wake up my sister to go down for me but she wasnt there, then this figure of a man with a hat came into my room took of his hat and said i wont scare you tonight.
    and since then i dont feel like theres anything there anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shellib

raveni wrote: »
    I wouldn't have a shelf with that amount of stuff above my bed. There's always the possibility it could fall!!! Though hearing the voice was weird...think someone was definitely watching over you.

I know it was really stupid but it was a rented house and the shelf was there when we moved in, it never occurred to me that it might fall :o

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭stemah

ehhowaya wrote: »
    Had a few strange experiences myself.

Most memorable would have to be when I was in Gran Canaria last year with 3 friends. ............ I looked back at the couch and I could see this big black woman trying to pull me back, I pulled free and ran out to the patio, absolutely terrifying...

I had the exact same experience in Gran Canaria but it was definately no ghost.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭MarkD.

Im very interested in the paranormal, have seen a few eerie things in my time. Was always sceptical but this story I have for you now changed my view on it all.
    Id like to read more stories like the one I have put into writing here, this is factual, it did happen and my mate can verify it. Also have other stories of haunted houses and hotels, I'll post them up here upon request.

Enjoy my story, its long but worth it. Please leave feedback smile.gif

Right here it goes-

Its a very complicated and long hard story to get the gist of. Easier explained in person and while driving on the road in question.

It was around this time last year when a gud friend of mine by the name of Dave who lives up in a place called Kilcorney its about 12 miles from Kanturk and a few miles from Millstreet country park. Its the middle of nowhere basically, its also on a mountain.

Was out drinking one Sat night with Dave, no spin home so stayed at his house. Next day after brushing off a hangover at around 6 o clock Dave said we'll go for a spin to Kanturk and then onto Kilgarvan down near Kenmare cos he was starting working the next day on the windfarm down there, as he is an electrician. To be sure of where he was going he said we'd take a spin down there.
    As we left his house we both clearly remembered that there was no one at home as the rest were out and werent coming home that night. The only light we left on was kitchen light at the back of the house and the two dogs were in there.
    It was a very cold and really misty night. Mist was falling for hours.
    Went to Kilgarvan, onto Macroom and it was about half 10 or 11 o clock by the time we came past Millstreet country park. Turned right as we were going to Rylane (All this shown in map below) past the house thats nearest to Dave's which is over 4 miles away. No joke, this is extreme isolation.
    Came to the carpark at the top of Daves road, note he is the only house on this road. The road itself is the width of one car, rarely used raod but very well surfaced.
    As we drove on the road (Heading north in the map) As we continued on down the road, Dave was busy sparking up a fag, Next thing i see the man and goes to Dave "Who the fcuk is he out walking at this hour!" We both looked up and realised the man had no torch or reflectors. Dave slowed way down, and said "I Dunno who he is, and I know everyone for miles around here"
    He was on our right and we met him at point 1 on the map.
    As we past the man he rotated and put his back to us as we were passing at about 5mph. It was like he was a cog and the car was a cog and he rotated away from us so we couldnt see his face, was just like there was a black hole, Dave was hanging out the window and couldnt even see the side of his face or his left ear.

I know old people wear old cloths but this fellas clothes were ancient looking, he was wearing a very long beige jacket that went down past his knees.
    Couldnt see his feet as he was standing in grass. Was also wearing a hat.
    As e all know beigy colours and grey colurs when wet will have a wet patch that is a differnet colour on the shoulder area but this fella didnt???...
    We continued down to daves house in silence, pulled into his driveway and realise more lights were on at the front of the house then we left on. We both freaked!
    Dave told me stay in the car and watch to see if the man walks down while he goes in and checks the house. I watched and waited but notthing only mist is all I seen. Dave came out and said the house was ok, dogs were still in the kitchen as we left them.
    Then Dave said we'd go down to the cross about 20metres from his house and look around. Did that and seen notting. Next thing we turned to head up the road we seen the thing. Drove up both of us ****less, then seen notting as we went past the place we seen the man. Drove on up slowly and seen notthing I was getting worried that "he" vanished, then I said "I never seen that rock before" Dave said- "Its not a rock its Him!"
    He was after going to the other side of the road and was up the road anothe 250metres from where we seen him the first time and was closer to the carpark, but still on our right.
    We did the same as first time, crept up to him to look. Yet again he turned as we drove past, wa sstill in the same clothes and not showing signs of wet clothes and no shoes. Also no show from facial features.
    Now we were getting very very worried. We kept saying what kind or a person out walking in the middle of nowhere that none of us knew doesnt salute, has no dog with him, has no torch with him, has no reflectors with him and turns away from us when were nearly stopped next to him. This time we met him at point 2 on the map.
    We continued up the road and Dave goes "Im turning around!!" So he did, drove down and again I taught he vanished next thing Dave roars "He's there again and other side of the road again!!"
    He was hiding behind a bush so we could barely seen him. This time he was on our right again and was standing between point 1 and point 2.
    This time we possibly did the bravest thing we've both ever done- Dave stopped the car next to him.
    And you guessed it; aswel as before his back was facing us, we both had a clear view of him could see no facial features again and he didnt turn to salute or look at us.
    If it was a real person you would clearly turn around as you would have known we were there as he had good strong lights on the car and it was a diesel corolla so fairly noisy.
    Dave put her into gear and tore off in the direction of Kanturk.
    To get to Kanturk from that area you must go through Kilcorney village and Banteer.
    I kept repeating that was abnormal! Trying to make out what it was, whether it was a real human or a ghostly thing. Also said to Dave that any "Normal" person would have a light with them, or a reflector on them, and normally in the middle of nowhere they would salute.
    As we just left Banteer proof of what I just said happened. There was a person out jogging, they had a torch and saluted us even tho we didnt salute them. Thats what I call normal.
    Dave dropped me home, and lets say we didnt sleep easy that night at all :|
    After that we sorta forgot about it. Then during the snowfall after Christmas last year around February a good gang of us went up to the mountain above Daves house. Otherwise known as Mushra, went up to the carpark on the map as its really deep unspoilt snow. We all had serious craic. We went up at about 6 in the evening, then at about half ten we saad we'd call it a night.
    I drove west along the Millstreet direction from the carpark and was heading for the cross with all the arrows on the map to head towards Kanturk.
    I was driving on snow and ice so was concentrating very hard, the phone rang in my pocket and handed it over to the passenger Denis a good friend of mine. Next thing I overheard Denis saying "You seen what? I cant understand you! Speak slowy, you see something" I caught my phone of denis junped outta the car.
    I was at point X on the map, I could see right across the deep valley and over to see the lights of Daves car at point 4. Dave was panting, I said speak slowly. Then he said "I have just seen it again" I wa slike you seen what. He goes "I seen the myterious fella"
    I could see him reversing fairly fast whils on the phone and turning left. Then he said "I was driving down grand and next thing I seen that same fella we both seen in the same clothes standing to the right but about 10metres away from me and you know what Mark, that road had pure unspoilt snow on it and there was no footprints"
    I totally freaked, couldnt talk. Then I said I know the snow was unspoilt cos we were at the top of your road up at the carpark, you were the first car down there all day and this evening, you were the first to spoil the flat snow and I goes I know for a fact there was no footprints going down towards your house either.

That night was a Sunday night aswel the night of the snow and the thing was seen at the same time we first seen him two months previously.
    For weeks after I was searching through the internet to find out things about the area that might be connected, notthing came up. Then Dave said it to his uncle and he said there was a mass rock up in the exact area where we seen him the three times the forst night.

Before the whole incident we were both the type that did and didnt believe in the paranormal. That night changed our lifes! Will never forget it, can remember it as it was yesterday.
    Then last Sunday myself and Rob trebor went to Kilgarvan/Kenmare to the rally. Then the Kilgarvan trip came to mind and told him the story. He came back to my house, and I said come on we go for a spin- I remembered it was around the same time as last year that we seen him. And honestly I wasnted to see him again.
    I like to find out how and why things happen but I think we'll never find the answer to this, it will always be a mystery. We seen notthing last Sunday as I think we were too early it was around eight when we drove up and down the road slowly.

Its a real freaky story, sounds like aload off bull**** but if you want I can give you Daves number and you can ask him. He'll say its true. Hope you enjoyed reading and didnt fall asleep half way through it.. :lol:

Heres the map.
    http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...Ghoststory.jpg

If The link dont work or you have questions reply to me on this address and I'll sort em for you.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Certainly wirth a look.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

My only experiences are as follows

When I was younger I was in the sitting room when we heard a baby cry upstairs where my baby sister was sleeping so I went up to check her but she was sound asleep, went back down stairs heard the crying again went back up and again she was sound asleep, so it then happened a 3rd time and when I went up this time she was still asleep but I had noticed that the cord from the curtain was wrapped around her neck and she could have easily have choked to death.

It was either a cat a ghost or coincidence but we were so relieved.

Next experience was when I was house hunting in Limerick I viewed this old house which was locally known as the tastle when I got inside I felt like there was hundrends of eyes starring at me I could not wait to get out and when I did get out I could not even remember what the rooms looked like, needless to say we did not take this house a few months later the owners knocked the house and when the area was being redeveloped they found hundrends of bodies beneath the house and in the same area.

Seems years before the house was part of a prison and later a monastery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Back in 2001 me and my friend were playing Soccer out my back garden. It was a "hazy" night to put it, a before feeling of dread as some people regularly describe here. We walked down the right to the traffic lights and made a right towards the hill. There is a road just to the left of the hill and we saw something, both of us. It was this "thing", it must have been 7 feet tall and extremely broad, all black. It appeared to have children dancing around it.

Me and my friend kept looking for 10 seconds saying "What the hell is that?", we walked away but not before the occurrence disappeared. It was definitely solid. I heard of the phenomenon called the Mothman before, it seemed similar to that.

Another thing I heard from the same friend. His grandmother died at 5.30 AM, at 5AM his mother saw a shadow figure on the wall with the same type of hat that was popular here in the 60s. His grandfather would have worn it in his heyday. Hours later the Gardaí called to announce the death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Right not sure if this was something paranormal or my mind playing games, even if it wasn't it'll be a handy bump for a great thread.

I was at the Paracon last weekend, and at a certain point started to get a very uncomfortable feeling, right through the day I'd been grand and actually in a fairly happy mood but later on all of a sudden started to feel very uncomfortable (oppressive is possibley the best way to describe to sensation). Along with that I felt as if there was something behind me, despite me sitting close enough to the corner with no one behind me, I turned around a few times to check. Now the weirdest part is that I could have sworn I could hear whispering or very quiet voices, there seemed to be at least two of them, but it was too low to make out what was being said.

I've tried to use logic to find a rational explaination, what I can come up with is it was during the talk by David Kiely, as he was reciting part of his book, also I have very mild tinnitius and regularly hear a low level "fuzzy" noise (imagine a radio just playing static at a very low volume).
    OK, while that may be an explaination, firstly I don't see why I didn't feel scared (which is what I would have expected, as I tend to be a bit of a chicken sh!t) as opposed to that oppressive feeling and secondly in the four or so years with tinnitus it's always ever been a fuzzy noise and never sounded like whispering.

I did mention it afterwards to 6th and he didn't say a lot but I got the idea that the building did have a history of some paranormal activity.

(Also to the two girl's sitting beside me, that's for lightening the atmosphere, I really appreciated it.)

Advertisement