Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barter thread

• 06-05-2014 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭

Just wondering would it be a good idea to have a barter thread set up where people can barter there surplus for something someone else may have to swap??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭schtinggg

The oul tax-man would hang your family jewels if he found you discussing such a subversive topic as barter- excellent idea nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

if no money changes hand there is no income…. it is simply trading a worthless item you have for a item of you value of somebody else's.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

I'd be interested in something like this, have lots of stuff hanging around that people might want/need.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

[mod] Go with it lads, if there's more demand we'll look at how to expand it and if not, we'll leave it as it is. Just no illegal items and try to keep it relevant to this forum (no playstations or 02 Octavias ;) ). Items are for barter only in this thread.[/mod]

i have lots of stuff that may be of use… Maybe we could introduce a template for it??

it would keep it relevant all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

How about:

<insert picture>

<insert description>

<insert what you'd like to barter for>

Does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Tabnabs wrote: »
    How about:

<insert picture>

<insert description>

<insert what you'd like to barter for>

Does that work?

Sounds good to me, can you offer something to barter for W.H.Y.

Yes, don't see why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

Brill, this sounds like a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

is labour baterable? i don't have much stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

[mod edit]
    see post #5

is labour baterable? i don't have much stuff :D

Sure… You could barter work for food

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭isaac azimov

Lets get things started does anyone have a wind up radio, i had plenty of stuff to trade.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭stooge

I have a load of cardboard. Had intended to use it for some purpose but at the moment its lying in the garage taking up space.

Range from large boxes that used to hold flat packed beds, to flat sheets that were part of wooden floor packaging.

Might be good for someone looking to line a hen house or use for burning (they are dry) or some other innovative use.

Willing to listen for swaps for anything really, maybe potted veg or fruit if anyone has spares?

Would there be a trailer load mate??

I have some 20l water carriers if anyone is interested. Brand new. Will swap for items of similar interest or any hunting/fishing gear.

[Link removed]

This is a link to the add i have

Linking to an advert looking to sell items is not in the spirit of barter thread. Photos are fine, a price tag is not!

Would there be a trailer load mate??
    yes too much for a car anyway, i'll try to get a photos and stick it up here tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

My hens love bartering! They often have a surplus of fresh organic eggs from time to time.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

I have beer / wine making equipment, would swap for raised planters for my balcony.

• Advertisement

kevc2 wrote: »
    I have beer / wine making equipment, would swap for raised planters for my balcony.

Uncle makes stuff like that and is into home brewing. Can you pmme what you have and what you want

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

kevc2 wrote: »
    I have beer / wine making equipment

What have you got?

30l fermenter with tap on it, originally from coopers kit. 5 Gallon glass carboy. About 48-50 grolsh swingtop glass bottles. A 40 pint beer kit and a 30 bottle wine kit. Corks, corker, hydrometer, some wine bottles and a couple of other little bits.

I'm interested in the grolsch bottles. I might be able to get raised planters. I'll check tonight. Failing that, would you consider a swap for some home brew? Say 10 litres of cider? (it's very tasty stuff, even if I do say so myself :)).

ABV is around 5.5%. It's in 2L PET bottles and already conditioned. Not too dry, not too sweet (less sweet than commercial cider).

Photos of cardboard as promised:
    photo_1.jpg

Have a large roll of good condition carpet suitable for fitting out a second house/outbuilding/garage etc
    photo_2.jpg

Also a set of patio doors (slight damage to one door leaf due to wind) willing to acept any reasonable offer of trade:
    [mod snip]
    photo_3.jpg

Khannie wrote: »
    I'm interested in the grolsch bottles. I might be able to get raised planters. I'll check tonight. Failing that, would you consider a swap for some home brew? Say 10 litres of cider? (it's very tasty stuff, even if I do say so myself :)).

ABV is around 5.5%. It's in 2L PET bottles and already conditioned. Not too dry, not too sweet (less sweet than commercial cider).

I wouldn't be interested in some home brew thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

I have one of these http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Clip-On-PDA-Phone-Holster-120p1171.htm for trade if anyone is interested its in black (changed phone new phone wont fit) its in black and like new condition ill take a picture tomorrow and post it up. Open to trade for whatever (No home brew as ive no interest)

ShadowFox wrote: »
    (No home brew as ive no interest)

HAHAHA. :P

ShadowFox wrote: »
    I have one of these http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Clip-On-PDA-Phone-Holster-120p1171.htm for trade if anyone is interested its in black (changed phone new phone wont fit) its in black and like new condition ill take a picture tomorrow and post it up. Open to trade for whatever (No home brew as ive no interest)

20l collapsible water carrier?? brand new in box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

20l collapsible water carrier?? brand new in box
    Thanks for the offer but I have loads of them

Advertisement