Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 2nd May 2014

Options
  • 30-04-2014 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

In like Flynn at the chance of starting a thread again - I promise I will leave it to the experts after this :P

Coming up this week are...
    There seems to be a music theme with the Late Late Show line-up this week.

U2 bass player Adam Clayton will be among Ryan Tubridy’s guests this Friday, where he will talking about the band and Walk in My Shoes – the mental health campaign that aims to combat stigma.
    Rockabilly Imelda May will also be chatting to Ryan and performing her new single live on the show.
    Finally, top musician Christy Moore Christy Moore will be joined by Frank Connolly and Tom Gilmartin Jr to discuss how the culture of greed in Ireland.
    The trio will also be talking about corruption at the heart of Irish politics, and how this has impacted Irish society.

More kittehs and puppehs.... :p

tumblr_muzdz13xa61r1mr1po1_400.gif
    Dog+gif_4212bf_4823586.gif
    tumblr_myna0xYwjG1r7p0fbo1_400.gif
    tumblr_lyiq1zKDt61qfepnoo1_500.gif

Me watching the LLS! ..... :P;)

cat.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Ah hee-or, that's a bit early! Nice puppehs and kittehs though.

Won't make the start of the LLS, but should make the last hour or so.

2000th post. Congrats twirlagig.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I can't stop looking at that third gif for some reason. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

tampopo wrote: »

2000th post. Congrats twirlagig.

I never noticed that! Shucks! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

twirlagig wrote: »

cat.gif

Is the remote control twitch when you switch over to Graham Norton? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭squonk

Crusty Hoor talking about political greed... like throwing petrol on a bonfire. That'll be guaranted to be tres boring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What the hell is that in the 4th Gif?

I want one!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,350 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Birneybau wrote: »
    What the hell is that in the 4th Gif?

I want one!

Pomeranian :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Bumping this up.
    Hmm, sounds like Tubridy will be in his element, lots of gloom and doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Looks like it could be an interesting show, especially the political discussion.
    I must be in a minority of one in that I don't get the appeal of Imelda May.

Anyway a few of these chilling in the fridge for later on :D
    villa_maria_sauvignon_blanc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

In like Flynn at the chance of starting a thread again - I promise I will leave it to the experts after this :P

As a protest to a non-expert starting the thread I will be boycotting the show tonight.....

Also, I'm working tonight... :( ... * kicks the cat, (and the puppeh).. *

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Looks like it could be an interesting show, especially the political discussion.
    I must be in a minority of one in that I don't get the appeal of Imelda May.

Anyway a few of these chilling in the fridge for later on :D
    villa_maria_sauvignon_blanc.jpg

Off for a bottle myself now! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is that Columbia 3 Frank Connelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Is that Columbia 3 Frank Connelly?

I think so. Brendan O'Connor doesn't rate him very highly, it's a pity he isn't doing the interview
    Frank is apparently secretly in league with international terrorists. It seems that he travelled around on a false passport with senior members of the IRA. In fact, according to the Minister for Justice, who I trust more than I trust the Frank Connollys or the Bobby Ballaghs of the world, it seems that Frank was involved in getting massive amounts of money for the IRA in return for them teaching Colombian terrorists how to kill people.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/the-big-rattling-skeleton-in-frank-connollys-closet-26215935.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭OldRio

Originally Posted by Brendan O'Connor
    Frank is apparently secretly in league with international terrorists. It seems that he travelled around on a false passport with senior members of the IRA. In fact, according to the Minister for Justice, who I trust more than I trust the Frank Connollys or the Bobby Ballaghs of the world, it seems that Frank was involved in getting massive amounts of money for the IRA in return for them teaching Colombian terrorists how to kill people.

And apparently Tubridy is the queen of sheba. It seems everyone at RTE knows this as a fact. Apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Question that won't be asked - "Adam, is it true you fell off the wagon and taped Jeremy Kyle over the new U2 album ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Hmm...

Don't want to seem too positive too early, but I like the look of tonight's show.

Might not be the very most fun ever, but it should at least be interesting.

Imelda May is a funny one. One of quite a small number of RTE regulars that I want to see continue to succeed. She always seems really sound, and although her music isn't the most original in the history of the world, it's different enough to be interesting.

(Others I like to see succed are Brendan & Domhnall Gleeson, probably Colin Farrell and (probably controversially) Pat Shortt).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Christy Moore's prescient views on the culture of greed could be written on the back of a guitar pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Aidric wrote: »
    Christy Moore's prescient views on the culture of greed could be written on the back of a guitar pick.

I wonder how much it costs to see Christy Moore in concert? Not cheap, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

:eek: no beer in fridge. off to replenish stock. beer sweet sweet beer.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

cat.gif
    Not drinking nearly fast enough to survive the LLS - poor wee beasteh frown.png:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

coolhull wrote: »
    I wonder how much it costs to see Christy Moore in concert? Not cheap, I'd imagine.

Don't expect Christy to touch on that point. Looking forward to his sweaty soliloquy.

Evening all!

2003_campo_viejo_tempranillo.jpg

An intense and fruity number...but enough about me, the wine tastes ok :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Good evening all, you are fierce posh WM with your fine wine...... :)

Gottle of Geer for me.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

If they are discussing Riverdance, I wonder who will be the first to say, "I got shivers down my spine." Every time some talking head appears talking about it they use that phrase. It has become compulsory.

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    If they are discussing Riverdance, I wonder who will be the first to say, "I got shivers down my spine." Every time some talking head appears talking about it they use that phrase. It has become compulsory.

It's actually true. I was there and I can honestly say the roof lifted when it finished.

20 years.

:eek:

Dam, I have to get my shoes on first.....

What's going on here?

Oh, right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

It's actually true. I was there and I can honestly say the roof lifted when it finished.

20 years.

:eek:

I just wish they would break out the thesaurus. it was on an RTE ad for ages a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

coolhull wrote: »

what do you want him to do?? work for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Ah, the old "Let's bring the camera all around Montrose" trick.
    Not an original idea in their heads.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement