Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No banjos allowed.

Options
  • 02-05-2014 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

No banjos allowed. Well, that's probably not true, just wishful thinking on my part. :D

Good Luck shiny new Country forum and shiny new forum mods.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

They most certainly are allowed! Without banjos, we wouldn't have this!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Fingers in ears

That would sound better even if it were played on a woodsaw and a theremin.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Heck Paw. Fetch me a jug o' shine. Them boys done it. The done got us our very own music thread right here on boards dot I E. YEEE- HAAAAW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

... no Banjos would kind of defeat the purpose of this forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Stick it into 4 wheel drive when you run out of road, and you go, and you go go go go go......until you hear a banjo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

MadsL wrote: »

Oddly enough.....the band's actually banjo player is russian

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Where do I register an official complaint that the title of the forum charter thread ain't Walk The Line? :D

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Where do I register an official complaint that the title of the forum charter thread ain't Walk The Line? :D

When we're a couple of hours into a good country session/concert/field party......"Walk the line" is the last instruction you want to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

ProudDUB wrote: »

Was tempted to post the picture of JC flipping the bird, and get the first infraction on the Country forum...:D

• Advertisement

I am sure my fellow Mod and I are willing to be.... reasonable with thread titles :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

silja wrote: »
    I am sure my fellow Mod and I are willing to be.... reasonable with thread titles :P

Seeing as I lived in Nashville for nearly 5 years, I am more than a little ashamed that that is the best I could come up with. :o

Best thing to ever happen since I moved here.....the Cincinnati B105 mega ticket, all shows for $299

2014 MEGATICKET CONCERT SCHEDULE:

Fri May 30 Lady Antebellum with Billy Currington & Joe Nichols

Fri June 20 Brad Paisley with Randy Houser, Leah Turner & Charlie Worsham

Sun June 29 Tim McGraw with Kip Moore & Cassadee Pope

Thu July 31 Keith Urban with Jerrod Niemann and Brett Eldredge

Fri Aug 8 Toby Keith with Special Guests

Sat Aug 23 Luke Bryan with Lee Brice and Cole Swindell

Sun Aug 24 Luke Bryan with Lee Brice and Cole Swindell

Fri Sept 5 Rascal Flatts with Sheryl Crow & Gloriana

Thu Sept 25 Dierks Bentley with Chris Young, Chase Rice and Jon Pardi

Wow what a line up!
    Of course with babysitters, it would still be to expensive for me but I am jealous!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

*grumbles about Ireland and how Cassadee Pope's album STILL isn't out here*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

When I heard the word banjo, Rascall Flatts came to mind for me too. Delighted this forum is up and running :)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Delighted we have a country music forum now on boards. Hope we get enough traffic to keep this little corner of boards alive.

Advertisement