Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Car Pool] Dublin 4 area to City West Business Campus

Options
  • 28-04-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am looking for lift from Grand Canal, Dublin 4 area to City West business park, daily. Starting new job and do not have car. Willing to pay money towards petrol. If anyone does this journey daily, has space in their car and would be interested in giving me lift please email.

Thanks
    Kate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

Hi,

I am looking for lift from Grand Canal, Dublin 4 area to City West business park, daily. Starting new job and do not have car. Willing to pay money towards petrol. If anyone does this journey daily, has space in their car and would be interested in giving me lift please email.

Thanks
    Kate

There is a private bus, Morton's that's goes from Sydney Parade via Donnybrook to citywest if that is any good to you. One departure each way per day.

http://www.citywestcampus.com/getting_there/timetable.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Or head over to either The Point or Mayor Square and get the Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Victor wrote: »
    Or head over to either The Point or Mayor Square and get the Luas.

No need to go that far, the 77A from Ringsend to Citywest may well be closer to OP.

On a side note, are random threads on C+T the most practical place for car pool posts? We get a lot of them and they rarely seem to get replies. Would they be better served in their regions forum or, perhaps, merged into a sticky on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,556 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

No need to go that far, the 77A from Ringsend to Citywest may well be closer to OP.

On a side note, are random threads on C+T the most practical place for car pool posts? We get a lot of them and they rarely seem to get replies. Would they be better served in their regions forum or, perhaps, merged into a sticky on here?

The 65b might be another option from the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

lxflyer wrote: »
    The 65b might be another option from the city centre.

It would be, yes. I dare say it would take it's time though; it has a fair few bottlenecks to contend with en route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

It would be, yes. I dare say it would take it's time though; it has a fair few bottlenecks to contend with en route.

65B is quicker but does not offer a peak morning departure - 0650 & 0830 from town.

77A flies up the Crumlin / Greenhills roads, before embarking on a magical mystery tour of Tallaght.

Luas to Citywest is slow from City Centre, but has the option of the free shuttle bus from the Luas stop that goes around the campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lifttocitywest

Thanks everyone...was hoping for a quicker option with the car pooling. Looks like I can expect to travel about 1hr 30min everyday to and from work :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,556 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

stop wrote: »
    65B is quicker but does not offer a peak morning departure - 0650 & 0830 from town.

77A flies up the Crumlin / Greenhills roads, before embarking on a magical mystery tour of Tallaght.

Luas to Citywest is slow from City Centre, but has the option of the free shuttle bus from the Luas stop that goes around the campus.

0650 is good for anyone starting at 08:00, which a lot of businesses in the business parks do!

Advertisement