Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭strangles

broke the duck Tuesday with this lad,1st springer in 4 years,happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

The biggest of two this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thekevin4540

strangles wrote: »
    broke the duck Tuesday with this lad,1st springer in 4 years,happy days

nice fish what was in him

nice fish what was in him

Don't understand the question lad (a few guts )........ps,not tryin to be smart

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

strangles wrote: »
    Don't understand the question lad (a few guts )........ps,not tryin to be smart

He means weight :)

Looks a nice fish

• Advertisement

Didn't weigh him but looks like a double figure,he had a fair ould girth on him

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

popsy09 wrote: »
    He means weight :)

I would have thought what's in him to be any idea what he was feeding on, as in what was in its stomach!

Didn't check his stomach,but twas my understanding salmon didn't feed in fresh water so id imagine there wouldn't be a lot in his stomach if he didn't feed since he left Greenland. As far as I know they feed on prawns at sea but im no expert.......

gumbo1 wrote: »
    I would have thought what's in him to be any idea what he was feeding on, as in what was in its stomach!

Well in cork anyway it's a common thing too say what's in him ? As in weight so maybe the person who asked is from cork

Not being smart now but why would ya want to know what was in his stomach ?i know a trout or whatever you see the flies he eating but sure a salmon won't eat in freshwater and I say that very loosely as I am following the thread about that which is also very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thekevin4540

Well in cork anyway it's a common thing too say what's in him ? As in weight so maybe the person who asked is from cork

Not being smart now but why would ya want to know what was in his stomach ?i know a trout or whatever you see the flies he eating but sure a salmon won't eat in freshwater and I say that very loosely as I am following the thread about that which is also very interesting

ya what i meant was what weight was he and yes i am from cork thats just how id ask anyone what was in a fish thay got

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

That's that cleared up so then! (",)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭floattuber_lee

First trout from mask and corrib from the float tube, img 72 is from corrib img 58 from mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Budawanny

First trout from mask and corrib from the float tube, img 72 is from corrib img 58 from mask.

lovely condition for this early in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

well done.

[IMG][/img]IMG_0075.jpg

another one from mask

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

[IMG][/img]IMG_0075.jpg

another one from mask

superb fish lee. im gonna be fishing corrib for a couple of days over the May bank holiday reccomend any particular flies?

black and silver buzzer top dropper (what got this fish) traffic light buzzer middle dropper (which caught the corrib trout i posted) and a black buzzer red cheek with breathing filaments on the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

Got a new pb flounder the other night. 40cms on a size 1 and crab.
    Havent figured out how to put up a direct pic yet.

.red. wrote: »
    Got a new pb flounder the other night. 40cms on a size 1 and crab.
    Havent figured out how to put up a direct pic yet.

beauty!! tasty bugger too!

beauty!! tasty bugger too!
    Na, i dont eat much fish so he swam back.

• Advertisement

great to see people returning fish that they dont want. nothing sickens me more than people keeping fish they dont even want!

great to see people returning fish that they dont want. nothing sickens me more than people keeping fish they dont even want!

I think the majority of people who fish in the sea put most fish back. I started fishing 6/7 years ago and 99% of people ive met thru the hobby practice c&r. A lot of cod get taken alright in the winter but i rarely see a bass, flat or ray taken.

flatties are the tastiest fish in the sea! love them!

Had 2 grilse today off the blackwater , I was using fly and spinning for about 2 hours switched to prawn and had 2 on the bounce

About 3 and 4/4.5 lb approx sorry for only one pic I wanted to get em unhooked and returned ASAP

Quite early for grilse too but I suppose with all the high water they ran early

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

One from Lough Owel.......
    10E58BD2CBB94378BD9F32CF905F7B6D-0000320339-0003511812-00800L-8D6F8B29AF3B4364BE98D709F58F9D50.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

How is owel fishing ATM?
    I would've been going Friday for competition with my mates but I have t work.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

How is owel fishing ATM?
    I would've been going Friday for competition with my mates but I have t work.

That was the opening weekend and I haven't been since. Was on Ennell a week later and some major hatches of Duckfly. Will be back on Owel again hopefully this weekend with the fly rod.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

A load of my mates will be down tomoro though I can't go! Stupid work
    Was looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

http://image_zpsbd768bec.jpg I caught this fish on a small gold head trout fly ; )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

Had 2 grilse today off the blackwater , I was using fly and spinning for about 2 hours switched to prawn and had 2 on the bounce

About 3 and 4/4.5 lb approx sorry for only one pic I wanted to get em unhooked and returned ASAP

Quite early for grilse too but I suppose with all the high water they ran early

Are you sure they are not spent?

Advertisement