Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else fed up with being single right now?

Options
  • 24-04-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever get a bit peed off with being single? Maybe I'm just bored but when it seems impossible to meet someone nice or someone that wants more than an easy ride over three years, it does kind of get to you a little.

I have tried dating sites and I'm not saying all guys are the same, but the guys I met were just looking for the one thing. I socialize and put myself out there but in vain it seems. I have lovely friends and family so I'm grateful for that. Before you say anything, I am focusing on myself, trying to keep myself busy but can't help feeling a bit lonely sometimes. Anyone in the same boat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Anyone ever get a bit peed off with being single? Maybe I'm just bored but when it seems impossible to meet someone nice or someone that wants more than an easy ride over three years, it does kind of get to you a little.

I have tried dating sites and I'm not saying all guys are the same, but the guys I met were just looking for the one thing. I socialize and put myself out there but in vain it seems. I have lovely friends and family so I'm grateful for that. Before you say anything, I am focusing on myself, trying to keep myself busy but can't help feeling a bit lonely sometimes. Anyone in the same boat?

Tis even more terrible now that the weather is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

I don't like water sports. Blast it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Im not in the same boat but i did go out recently first time in yrs ! Have two smalll children n im married.

But i thought oh jesus christ it must be so hard to meet someone half decent .
    My friend done all the dating site thing too she said if you wanted sex 24/7 you could get it on those sites.

Have you tried any hobbies/associations
    Supposodly hillwalking is a great way to meet people was at a weddin last yr two of them met hillwalking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

it seems impossible to meet someone nice or someone that wants more than an easy ride over three years

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_medium/0/8107/1480161-chris_hansen_watching_you.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

I don't like water sports. Blast it.

Blast it with... ?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

monflat wrote: »
    Im not in the same boat but i did go out recently first time in yrs ! Have two smalll children n im married.

But i thought oh jesus christ it must be so hard to meet someone half decent .
    My friend done all the dating site thing too she said if you wanted sex 24/7 you could get it on those sites.

Have you tried any hobbies/associations
    Supposodly hillwalking is a great way to meet people was at a weddin last yr two of them met hillwalking

Sounds like an idea. I may look into some activities but I guess Portlaoise is so tiny, I'm sure there must be a few things out there. Thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Muise... wrote: »
    Blast it with... ?

regret.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

PM sent to the OP. I'm not looking for an easy ride, honest.

I want a hard ride. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

why dont you want sex?

i hear its great fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

it seems impossible to meet someone nice or someone that wants more than an easy ride over three years

Three years? I can only last 15 minutes. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

At least you have options OP. Try being a guy with literally nothing at all to offer a woman. I'm in line behind the guys your dismissing waiting for a chance to get dismissed.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Three years? I can only last 15 minutes. :(

Haha, I can't have sex without feelings. I know, I'm a weirdo but I'm comfortable with that :P

At least you have options OP. Try being a guy with literally nothing at all to offer a woman. I'm in line behind the guys your dismissing waiting for a chance to get dismissed.

What makes you think you have nothing to offer?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Haha, I can't have sex without feelings. I know, I'm a weirdo but I'm comfortable with that :P

I actually live near Portlaoise if you want to meet up for a drink. Are ye daycent looking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

You know what's not attractive... ?

I actually live near Portlaoise if you want to meet up for a drink. Are ye daycent looking?

:cool: Oh very hot!!! Haha:D

What makes you think you have nothing to offer?:confused:

Well maybe nothing was a bit over the top. I've got a pretty nice bike and several pairs of pants. But ya get what I mean.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    You know what's not attractive... ?

Ugliness ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Muise... wrote: »
    Blast it with... ?

Oscar Pistorius?

Well maybe nothing was a bit over the top. I've got a pretty nice bike and several pairs of pants. But ya get what I mean.

What kinda bike we talking here...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Im getting into my late 20's now where single life goes from been fun to ''ah we will have to find you a lady'' :(

forever alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

In like Flynn............... !!!

What kinda bike we talking here...?

All right I lied about the fcukin bike. But I swear I've got the pants !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Nope. I still remember the amount of effort I had to put in and lack of personal time I had in my last relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Ugliness ?

A downtrodden personality. Lack of confidence. Self pitying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Is it really that bad being single?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Buy a toaster -they're cheap. At least then you can offer toast. Girls love toast.

All right I lied about the fcukin bike. But I swear I've got the pants !

No Dice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I bring a selection of cheeses and a pair of microwavable socks to the table.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Hell Ram

That's the spirit!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement