Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City - Mysteries of the unexplained

Options
  • 22-04-2014 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

This is a spin off thread to discuss all the mysteries of the unexplained in carrigstown, such as where is John Deegan ? Where did all the extra space come from for the spar shop ? Would a bank really allow 900k be transferred with a click of a mouse ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

Where did Farah Phelan and Oisin Brennan go to ? Were they kidnapped by aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The bank one is the most striking one of the lot. A person trying to transfer their entire life savings of 900k out of their account and doing it online would be seen as "unusual activity" and would cause the bank to contact the person to confirm that is what they wanted to do (and that person would be asked to provide various security details).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Radio5 wrote: »
    Where did Farah Phelan and Oisin Brennan go to ? Were they kidnapped by aliens.

Oisin is in Cork with his overbearing mother. Farrah is somewhere in the UK. Christy mentioned her at Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Jason_

Oisin is in Cork with his overbearing mother. Farrah is somewhere in the UK. Christy mentioned her at Christmas
    So she in only in the uk but she hasn't come home for 15 years, even for her brothers funeral.

Jason_ wrote: »
    So she in only in the uk but she hasn't come home for 15 years, ever for her brothers funeral.

Or her grandmothers funeral, or her dads wedding...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Whatever happened to Barry O Hanlon after he was arrested ? Is he languishing in The Joy, waiting to be tried? Why was he not released on bail? After all, all sorts of low life scrotes seem to get bail these days, and surely Barry wouldn't be a danger to society.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,774 ✭✭✭✭walshb

dixiedan wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Barry O Hanlon after he was arrested ? Is he languishing in The Joy, waiting to be tried? Why was he not released on bail? After all, all sorts of low life scrotes seem to get bail these days, and surely Barry wouldn't be a danger to society.

This is the most glaring. What has become of him? One of the main characters involved in a major story and he is erased from existence?

Yes I know he's in Cork but how come he never visits Dublin or his dad and his ever increasing band of half-siblings never visit or mention him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

walshb wrote: »
    This is the most glaring. What has become of him? One of the main characters involved in a major story and he is erased from existence?

They tried him off camera, I remember Niamh mentioning it, he was found guilty of manslaughter.

The guy who plays Oisin is now in a band so they would have to recast him, one Brennan son offspring is one too many

Vahevala wrote: »
    They tried him off camera, I remember Niamh mentioning it, he was found guilty of manslaughter.

Wow..I have no memeory of that.

• Advertisement

Radio5 wrote: »
    Yes I know he's in Cork but how come he never visits Dublin or his dad and his ever increasing band of half-siblings never visit or mention him?

Paul has been to visit him and he gets mentioned from time to time but it does seem a bit strange that Paul wouldn't have him visit during holidays/midterm. And another thing, who did Rachel go to Galway with?

On Mondo's first day back, himself and Wayne were best buddies meeting up for a pint, even though they were never friends before and they never spoke again afterwards.

Jason_ wrote: »
    On Mondo's first day back, himself and Wayne were best buddies meeting up for a pint, even though they were never friends before and they never spoke again afterwards.

And Mondo had hardly any interaction with his da Ray during his return to Carrigstown. By the way, whatever happened to Rays ex Angela? I think she used to work as housekeeper to McLeer??

Why do the buildings on Carrigstown's main street not have normal roofs? The likes of McCoys, the Hungry Pig and Spar have flat roofs in the manner of a prefab, which would leave them open to flooding. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen flat roofed buildings like them on any street in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

How come that depressing grey faced git Bela Doyle is still in it?
    Barry O Hanlon went back to Gotham to find Hughie and Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Why did Tommy 'Horn Dog' Dillon take down a picture to spray paint the wall in the kitchen, was there not a 2 foot sq somewhere else?

Also in that episode, why, when he was in the room watching Bob and Doc sleeping did he not give Bob a wet willy?......... :eek:

How can Tommy survive by just sitting in his taxi and not actually taking fares?

Why is the new mechanic spending so much time with his boss and his wife?

Why does the garage not have a car lift?

How can Paul Brennan run the garage from that shoe box of an office?

Who robbed Dan of a personality?

What was the point of bringing Mondo back? the 'comedy' factor???

What is/was the point of Bella Doyle?

How many times did Ama say, 'I get my bag'?

What is a ''nuss''?

Why has Damo one facial expression for every conversation?, kinda like an imbecile trying to understand how toast is made.

Will we ever again see the kitchen in Vino's? (Or was that just a bad dream)

What is Dearbhla Dillon doing in Canada ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

How come there is full employment in the Carrigstown community? What is their secret? Every character seems to have a job. Name an unemployed adult in Fair City...never a mention of the dole...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

The €900k thing is nuts.

Wayne was kind of blackmailed - Any sane person would have reported it and the bank would have reversed it.

Plus you can't make transfers of that size online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Remembering delivering to R.T.E. one time and seeing the houses and pub of the set and just for a split second thinking it was a real street.I laughed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Why does Paul own a garage yet can't fix a car & Niamh own a hairdresser yet can't do hair?

The €900k thing is nuts.

Wayne was kind of blackmailed - Any sane person would have reported it and the bank would have reversed it.

Plus you can't make transfers of that size online.

I always thought that storyline was ludicrous. Wayne could have given dozens of different reasons to the bank and/ or the police as to why he gave the bank account details to Eddie or even claim that Eddie forced him to do it with violence. As you also say, it would be absolutely impossible to clear out a bank account of that amount of money with a simple click of a mouse. The bank would contact the person and carry out a series of security checks before allowing anything to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

No-one ever goes on holidays for a relaxing break or to the cinema in Faircity. I know its a different genre but at least the priests in Father Ted took the odd holiday and went to the local fleapit now and again. And every adult character drinks, even corrie has at least one character (Peter) that doesn't drink and still goes to the pub...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cool_Chick_96

Did Lucy really have an affair with Harry ? Wouldn't she have been very young at the time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Why are the blinds always closed on everyone's houses, even during the day?

Did Lucy really have an affair with Harry ? Wouldn't she have been very young at the time ?

Presumably she must have been only a teenager. The idea that he would be able to attract such a girl seems a bit bonkers : he was a ridiculous figure at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭BandyMandy

Yvonne Doyle fled to Australis following a hit-and-run incident, when she returned to FC, as far as I recall no mention of it was ever made about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Why do people in FC never watch soaps

jos28 wrote: »
    Why do people in FC never watch soaps

Its obvious they don't .

Otherwise Judith would have realised that Tommy was her stalker - as seen on Emmerdale a few years back when Louise (barmaid played by actress who plays Marilyn in H & A) was being stalked by obsessive partner. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

What happened to the salsa dancing?

Advertisement