Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst thing your parents ever found in your room.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭stoeger

After a night out I took a young one home and snuck her in the bedroom window trying to keep her quit she was a loud one my bedroom was right beside the kitchen . Anyway the mother came in to my room next morning with breakfast for two .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

stoeger wrote: »
    After a night out I took a young one home and snuck her in the bedroom window trying to keep her quit she was a loud one my bedroom was right beside the kitchen . Anyway the mother came in to my room next morning with breakfast for two .

And the morning after pill on a side plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

Nothing compared to that the worst thing I ever found in my paretns room, I assure you :eek: but we are NOT going there.

Ah go on, go there....

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭freethearmy

a **** sock shoved down the side of the bed and you could play hurling with it ...it was that hard

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Wickers26

Remember my ma bursting into my bedroom with a bag of weed in her hand, she threw it at me and goes, look what I'm after finding in your brothers room! Get rid of it will ya. Oh I got rid of it alright... Ha ha, that was a great day. My brother was pure raging. Serves him right for not hiding it properly, dope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Maggots........I had been trick or treating and had a can of coke left in the plastic bag, left it in a corner of my room and forgot about it for months.........the can had burst open within the platic bag without mu knowledge, and sure enough maggots evolved from it somehow........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

a **** sock shoved down the side of the bed and you could play hurling with it ...it was that hard
    Think we've all had one of those moments where a parent has found it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

A cig butt - smoked it out the window in the middle of the night and left it in a water bottle because I didn't want to throw it into rhe garden. There was war over it.

I have a "special" drawer for lingerie, sex toys etc, the mammy rang a couple if weeks ago looking to know if I had a spare samsung charger, I told her to have a look in my room. Came home that evening to find the drawer wide open, as if to say "I know what you're up to, you hussy" :-L

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

Junk food. I wasn't allowed to eat it so I would hide it under my bed or in my dresser. I did get a nice population of ants in my room

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

My mother took it upon herself to clean my car one day when I was still in bed. She walked into the room with a pregnancy test box in her hand and goes "have you something to tell me", took me a second to comprehend with my big sleepy head, I told her it wasn't mine and turned back in. It wasn't mine either, a friend had left it there. Never another word said, I had a good little chuckle though and if I hadn't been so out of it then I probably would have played along and told her I was up the pole for the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Knuckle dusters and a switchblade.

They found things that were arguably more embarrassing, but those were the things they went mental about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

MS.ing wrote: »
    472 naked ladies, with another 5 in the ensuite. yes it was a big room

With a big bicycle pump?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Hm, nothing unusual sticks out, but I do remember one story that ind of relates. When I was 18 I had my current gf over for a night, of course I thought my parents would never hear us, the next morning as I walked her to the door, again being as stealthy as possible, I hear my mother shut from the kitchen "is she not staying for breakfast, your da has another plate out".
    I walked into the kitchen (alone, my gf declined the kind offer of breakfast), with my head down, and my mam asks the same question, I mutter a "no" and eat quietly, dying inside. My folks were really cool about it all though, nicely enough.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A bottle of d25's (diazepam I think is how you spell it) I got off a local, slightly bonkers old lad. They were a great way to pass a long boring day out the sticks until I got busted.. I was not a clever kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

A bottle of d25's (diazepam I think is how you spell it) I got off a local, slightly bonkers old lad. They were a great way to pass a long boring day out the sticks until I got busted.. I was not a clever kid.

I don't understand how people get off on that. It always made me sick. I was prescribed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Probably a naggin of vodka or a box of smokes. Honestly, I didn't smoke nor drink at the time, and I was even 18 so my mam wouldn't have gone crazy...

She cleaned my room at the time and threw it all out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I don't understand how people get off on that. It always made me sick. I was prescribed it

I'd say that's the difference - using it on a recreational basis is much different to be medicated with it, was prescribed a lower dose for a while couple of years back.. Did not like at all.

I almost don't want to tell this one..

Being the oldest and most computer literate person in the house I had the computer and printer in my room. At the age of 16 my then girlfriend wanted a picture of my knob with her name written on it sent to her. So I took one with the digital camera and put it on the computer to send in an email. I deleted it from the camera and the computer and also deleted the sent email. Safe as houses I thought!

Well the next day my Dad wants to print something off so up he goes to my room to use the computer. He comes back down and I suspect nothing went wrong, he says nothing.

I go back upstairs after dinner to find an a4 print of my knob with my then girlfriends name written on it on top of my pillow. I start to sweat and remembered that when I had right clicked the image earlier, I had accidentally selected print but forgot to destroy the printed page... Then I started to start swear more thinking that not only had my Dad seen this picture, but he might not even realise it was mine, he might think I was printing off pictures of random knobs in my spare time.
    So I gathered all the courage I had in my hormonal teenage body and went downstairs to try and explain myself.
    My Dad is sitting down having dessert.

"That picture was for my girlfriend" I say.

"I'm having my dessert, don't put me off it" he says.

Last time it was every mentioned and I still cringe thinking about the mortification to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

Sacramento wrote: »

Being the oldest and most computer literate person in the house I had the computer and printer in my room. At the age of 16 my then girlfriend wanted a picture of my knob with her name written on it sent to her. So I took one with the digital camera and put it on the computer to send in an email. I deleted it from the camera and the computer and also deleted the sent email. Safe as houses I thought!

Well the next day my Dad wants to print something off so up he goes to my room to use the computer. He comes back down and I suspect nothing went wrong, he says nothing.

I go back upstairs after dinner to find an a4 print of my knob with my then girlfriends name written on it on top of my pillow. I start to sweat and remembered that when I had right clicked the image earlier, I had accidentally selected print but forgot to destroy the printed page... Then I started to start swear more thinking that not only had my Dad seen this picture, but he might not even realise it was mine, he might think I was printing off pictures of random knobs in my spare time.
    So I gathered all the courage I had in my hormonal teenage body and went downstairs to try and explain myself.

Last time it was every mentioned and I still cringe thinking about the mortification to this day.

Wow....
    I would have died if that happened to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Wow....

I loved the story, I feel your embarrassment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

He wasn't having Spotted Dick for dessert by any chance?

Sparks43 wrote: »
    He wasn't having Spotted Dick for dessert by any chance?

Was your knob hard or soft when you took the photo?

I wonder if it was worse having your Da finding that pic or posting that story on here only to be greeted with questions like
    Originally Posted by Paulownia

I wonder if it was worse having your Da finding that pic or posting that story on here only to be greeted with questions like

Well whatever about your old man seeing a photo of your dick in repose it would be more embarrassing if it was erect!

Paulownia wrote: »
    Well whatever about your old man seeing a photo of your dick in repose it would be more embarrassing if it was erect!

Ah I was only having a laugh with ya, I don't think he considered that thought yet tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Eh ?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_dick

Wow....

I did a little. I was so embarrassed that I feel like I was a black hole of embarrassment that sucked in people near me and made them embarrassed too.

Think about which would be worse. It was the worse one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭ronjo

when I was about 11 my Mum found a few syringes in my room and had a complete meltdown.
    My mate had brought them to school and we were using them as water pistols.
    She was going absolutely mental about heroin and drugs and what was I up to and I thought the world was ending too.
    I had never seen her so crazy.

Then my sister who was probably 16 reads the side of the syringe "Leo red dry cow"
    They were those big white syringes used on cows that you could no more use for heroin than a real water pistol.

Painfully recently we had a mother in the house we live in now and had at one point to send her upstrairs to obtain something from the bedroom. Simply told her "Top drawer in the bedroom on the left" or something to that effect.

She returned with the item and simply said "I take it you meant the second bedroom on the left then". No more was said on the matter ever again. But the expression that spread on the girlfriends faces a few seconds later told me that the same thought had occoured to them as just had to me - the top drawer in the wrong bedroom was chock full of a plethora of quite varied sex toys and items.

I admire her delivery of a dead pan to the point line - knowing that our minds would do the rest of the work for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Painfully recently we had a mother in the house we live in now and had at one point to send her upstrairs to obtain something from the bedroom. Simply told her "Top drawer in the bedroom on the left" or something to that effect.

She returned with the item and simply said "I take it you meant the second bedroom on the left then". No more was said on the matter ever again. But the expression that spread on the girlfriends faces a few seconds later told me that the same thought had occoured to them as just had to me - the top drawer in the wrong bedroom was chock full of a plethora of quite varied sex toys and items.

I admire her delivery of a dead pan to the point line - knowing that our minds would do the rest of the work for us.

It hurt my brain to read that

Advertisement