Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SAPI Plates

• 20-04-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Well lads, What's the story with plastic SAPI plates, is there any advantage to using them or does it make any difference? Also were is the best place to get them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

In my opinion they serve no purpose in airsoft and are just pointless weight and bulk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Make the vest more rigid, that's about it!
    I use them because I'm a skinny bastard and it's nice to have the vest fitting perfectly!

Otherwise no advantages really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Nuke1973 wrote: »
    In my opinion they serve no purpose in airsoft and are just pointless weight and bulk
    Leftyflip wrote: »
    Make the vest more rigid, that's about it!
    I use them because I'm a skinny bastard and it's nice to have the vest fitting perfectly!

Otherwise no advantages really.

Don't listen to these two. They provide excellent BB ballistic ratings and allow you to take multiple BB's to the chest before needing to call hit. You see a lot of people using them lately :p

Seriously though. Like the two above said :) I'm only messing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

The foamy ones can add some insulation too for a bit of warmth in winter :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

ShRT wrote: »

Then cause you to over heat in the warmer weather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

T4RGET wrote: »
    They provide excellent BB ballistic ratings and allow you to take multiple BB's to the chest before needing to call hit.

Bless Airsoft Kevlar :rolleyes:

ShRT wrote: »
    Gatling wrote: »
    Then cause you to over heat in the warmer weather

I've experienced both situations, neither are comfortable when tactically operating :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Well lads, What's the story with plastic SAPI plates, is there any advantage to using them or does it make any difference? Also were is the best place to get them?

Plastic SAPI plates are great for bulking up a plate carrier, since most are designed around needing SAPI plates to retain their shape.
    Apart from that not much advantage unless you get ones that have hydro pouches inside them which then doubles as your hydro pack.
    In addition to that there are some fake SAPI plates that you can unzip and put your valuables in while your playing.
    If you want a more realistic feel you can fill them with dry sand and they will weigh basically the same as the real thing, if thats your fancy.
    With regards to disadvantages, much more uncomfortable to run and gun with and can restrict your movement.

If your looking to pick up a set try ebay:
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=sapi+plate&_sop=2

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

They could make a handy seat when you are tactically positioned.

My vest came with really cheap foamy ones but I whipped them out straight away.

Advertisement