Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hot guns and chronos

• 14-04-2014 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

With there being so many variations of chrono in use at sites, what do people do when a gun you know is good from three different chronos shows up hot on a fourth? I've had a GBB chrono 300, 320 and 305 at three sites and consistently come in at 1.13 j on the most recent test. I assume the standard should be at .20 with the hop turned off completely. If using .25s shouldn't this throw off the chrono if it is set for .20?

How can you argue the case? I have been advised to shoot off a half mag where they may have been over gassed and then try again. This may solve the short term issue but with a GBB what else can you do? What chronos are most reliable? I just want to know that my fave gun is Ok when I want to use it and legal of course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What weight bbs were you / are you using ,

The best an most reliable chrono is the skan chrono( as used by the garda ballistic testing unit) as long as its servised and calibrated once a year ,

Players have been cheating the chrono for years by using .25.30 and higher weight bbs and claim there using .20 bbs ,

One thing I especially hate is hot gbbrs and the excuse its only hot for the first few shots ,a hot gun is a hot gun regardless if its the first few shots or not

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

You will always, always, always get a fluctuation in FPS readings with different chronos and you will always get different readings with a GBB (temperature and pressure can affect them).

The only sure fire way to ensure you know what weight the BB's used to chrono a gun are .2s is if the site operator has a mag for the most common types of AEGs loaded with each and then also inspects the the AEG/GBB so that they can confirm the hop-up is off.

You will never get an absolutely reliable and consistent FPS from a GBB, you can't get the consistency.

SKAN and Xcoretech are amongst the most reliable chronos I've come across. As are some of the older Madbull Chronos (blue one).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lillian2608

With the MP9 on the CQB bolt it should be Ok. I was also advised to change to 134 gas from ultra air. Think I may get my own chrono and work from there. Just frustrating. I need to know it's legal, sold as such and otherwise a great gun. I was on .20s with it and the pistol and .25s on the AEGs. Seems like some sites need to tighten up their chrono standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Like all gas gun the weather affects them there either low or high.As for chrono's on sites if your not happy say it u are a paying customer after all and expect the site u are on to be on the ball with this sort of thing.I know myself when doing chrono on site the chrono is changed to .25 etc if need being.If we don't have a mag to fit the gun mainly gas guns this puts sites into a position of hoping that the player is as honest at the chrono station as he will be in game in other words u cheat the chrono u cheat the game.Maybe there is a few sites out there a bit lazy when it comes to chrono but if so its up to the players to point it out and help make it a better site as things like that will turn a player off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

What BritTac do is have some common mag types (AK, m4, G36) with .2s loaded so players swap out mags for chrono. If there are any issues either with feeding, or with other mag types, the marshals get the players to pop out a few rounds and load up our .2s instead. That way there are no doubts as to what is being chrono'd.

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »
    What BritTac do is have some common mag types (AK, m4, G36) with .2s loaded so players swap out mags for chrono. If there are any issues either with feeding, or with other mag types, the marshals get the players to pop out a few rounds and load up our .2s instead. That way there are no doubts as to what is being chrono'd.

Been recommening that for years ,

Ohhh you can't ask players to do that somebody call Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Lemming wrote: »

This is the chrono policy at Redbarn and Borderlands (Bellurgan Park), also, I have not experienced this level of checks at other sites in Ireland to date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Yes at redhills we do the same but when u have a systema for chrono u have no mags for it and they don't want to change the bbs out we change the chrono.The way i see it if u have forked out on a systema u have a love for the sport and hopefully honesty when it comes to chrono(not always the case i'd say).

brenak47 wrote: »
    Yes at redhills we do the same but when u have a systema for chrono u have no mags for it and they don't want to change the bbs out we change the chrono.The way i see it if u have forked out on a systema u have a love for the sport and hopefully honesty when it comes to chrono(not always the case i'd say).

That's why there should be no choice you don't want to use site mag/ bbs to be chrononed then you don't play ,

Don't care if you paid €100 or €1000 for an aeg the one rule across the board ,
    I could easily tell a site im using .20s when in fact I could easily be using .30 or higher ,
    Thrust try a digital scales to check bb weight as well as a chrono

brenak47 wrote: »
    .The way i see it if u have forked out on a systema u have a love for the sport and hopefully honesty when it comes to chrono(not always the case i'd say).

Whilst there is a degree of logic to that view, the reality is unfortunately less happy. The guys that run the Lion Claw events in the US were very close to banning split case guns, and specifically systema guns due to no end of abuse of chronographs. By "close" I mean the head guy actually banned them but relented under appeal from some of his staff arguing that it is not the platform but the player who is the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I'm not a fan of using site bb's due to a bad experience, sh1t bb's caused a jam dopey site staff kept shooting resulting in a busted piston,scored cylinder and damaged sector gear, then they had the cheek to offer to rent me a gun :rolleyes: , and as for the policy on a lot of sites, of putting bloody stickers on guns, don't get me started!!

thermo wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of using site bb's due to a bad experience, sh1t bb's caused a jam dopey site staff kept shooting resulting in a busted piston,scored cylinder and damaged sector gear, then they had the cheek to offer to rent me a gun :rolleyes: , and as for the policy on a lot of sites, of putting bloody stickers on guns, don't get me started!!

A few packs of excels would solve that,

Stickers after 2 kids you get bothered by them as much

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Gatling wrote: »
    A few packs of excels would solve that,

Stickers after 2 kids you get bothered by them as much

That it would, but I have yet to find a site that will fork out for excels for the chrono station. And tbh its a lack of respect for other peoples gear that they have spent a lot of time and money on buying and tweaking only to put them at risk by putting cheapo bb's in them.

As for the stickers some sites use stickers that you nearly need a chisel to remove after a days gaming these damage the surface Finish/ paintwork of your guns which is not on. If during the day there is some doubt if the gun has been chrono' d I have two words " random chrono"......

Zip ties ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I like Redbarns SOP of using their own mags (M4, AK, G36) with excel .2g bbs so everyone is tested the same. I've been to other sites where my gun was tested with my own mag and with the .25 g bbs in it that I always game with. When I was honest enough to point out to the chrono guy that the mag had heavier bbs, his response was, "it's ok". Now what if my gun was "hot" and I was using heavy bbs to bring it in under the 1j limit?

As for the stickers, the ones Redbarn use come off very easily with the simple application of a fingernail. No damage to the gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Kashkai wrote: »
    I like Redbarns SOP of using their own mags (M4, AK, G36) with excel .2g bbs so everyone is tested the same.

Just to clarify, they use King Arms 0.2s. And if you rock up with a systema / DTW etc, you will be chronod the same as everyone else. They will pop a few bbs in the top of your mag. If you don't like it, you don't play with it

Advertisement