Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Late Late Show - April 11th 2014 - Does anybody even care any more :-(

• 11-04-2014 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭

7.30pm Friday, not a child washed in the house and no thread created at all... Ye are some lazy shower... I may start the thread myself.. :mad:
    The Late Late Show, 9.35pm, RTÉ One
    Friday night is the night for chat shows on TV. Here at home, Ryan Tubridy meets Missy Keating and her mammy Yvonne to talk about Missy's film role in The Sea. Former South African rugby captain Francois Pienaar and the legendary Jimmy Magee are also around.

No puppeh or kitteh as punishment for not having started the thread earlier..

More information to follow Go and find out the rest of the guests yerselves..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

No Irish rugby players were available tonight, so they've ordered one in from South Africa instead.

No Boyzone/Westlife members were available, so they've called upon one of their ex-wives (+ daughter) instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Anyone in the RTE canteen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,996 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

RayM wrote: »
    No Irish rugby players were available tonight, so they've ordered one in from South Africa instead.

No Boyzone/Westlife members were available, so they've called upon one of their ex-wives (+ daughter) instead.

The priest that sang at a wedding this week will be on tonight. Like night follows day, anyone could see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Internet sensation, Fr. Ray Kelly (the "Hallelujah" Priest) is on. Had he not become a You Tube sensation during the week, one wonders who'd have been wheeled on instead.

Edit: hotmail beat me to this breaking news

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

7.30pm Friday, not a child washed in the house and no thread created at all... Ye are some lazy shower... I may start the thread myself.. :mad:

No puppeh or kitteh as punishment for not having started the thread earlier..

Sourpuss......:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,996 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Internet sensation, Fr. Ray Kelly (the "Hallelujah" Priest) is on. Had he not become a You Tube sensation during the week, one wonders who'd have been wheeled on instead.

Edit: hotmail beat me to this breaking news

This is what I often wonder. The Late Late seems to rely on something happening or someone getting a bit fame during the week, before they announce who's on! They will have anyone on at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

There's another rugger bugger on the Saturday Night Show again tomorrow as well. They're certainly catering for the Donnybrook hinterland of late.

What about the Dog that got rescued off the cliff in Howth?....

It'd be ruff if he didn't get a look in....

***gets coat***

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I care! I was gonna start the thread earlier, but no-one brought the Metro Herald into work. I checked the canteen an' all.

Well, maybe "care" is a bit strong.

Jimmy Magee? Excellent!

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Jimmy Magee? Excellent!

Jimmy will perform his charity single, These Old Eyes Have Seen It All, and talk about his determination to be the oldest singer to get to Number One in Ireland.....

Good man Jimmy, all in a good cause. :)

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0410/608028-jimmy-magee-to-sing-live-on-late-late/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

What no Linda Martin or Twink:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,609 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I thought Shane Filan would be on, to talk about his holiday in San Francisco :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Graham Norton it is so.

I thought Shane Filan would be on, to talk about his holiday in San Francisco :pac:

It's ok for you, you didn't pay for him to go....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I care! I was gonna start the thread earlier, but no-one brought the Metro Herald into work. I checked the canteen an' all.

Well, maybe "care" is a bit strong.

Jimmy Magee? Excellent!

The cheek of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Missy??? Jesus what a fookin name

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

LynnGrace wrote: »
    The cheek of them :D

I know. And to think it was we who were called "lazy".

Honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I know. And to think it was we who were called "lazy".

Honestly.

T'is a disgrace Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My husband and I called our daughter that a lot for her first few months. My mother used to say 'stop calling her that it might stick. ' thankfully it did not :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think she's actually named Marie after ronan's mam.

Missy must be a pet name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

cobra lager for me to get through the next couple of hours. beer sweet sweet beer.:)

Unless you're the most gorgeous puppeh in the world....:D;)

I can just picture Tubridy fawning over the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,609 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Schorry is all Ronan can schay.

:cool:

Lisha wrote: »
    My husband and I called our daughter that a lot for her first few months. My mother used to say 'stop calling her that it might stick. ' thankfully it did not :)

Said every Mammy in Ireland....:)

Mine said exactly the same about little grey....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I'm sure it's a pet name for a lovely little girl. Just so happens to be our little puppy's name too:D:D:D.

Schorry is all Ronan can schay.

:cool:

I'd say Ronan had to do a bit more than shay shorry.....:D

Safe bet for one clip anyway ;)

We need a keith16 graph for the YT clips at this stage....

I'm saying 15, one less than last week??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Will DLB be able to cope with two sports guests? "So Francois, you're from South Africa ahhhhhmmmmm any family down in Clare?

Advertisement