Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PP Betting Terminals - Beware

Options
  • 10-04-2014 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

as you might already see Paddy Power have started installing these betting terminals, mainly used for football bets.
    DON'T USE THEM.
    the prices on the are frequently lower then those on the coupons or the prices if you write out a betslip yourself.
    eg. for the Win-Draw-Win on Tuesday's 2 Champions League games, only one of the 6 betting options was the same as on their normal screens, and 5 of them were worse odds using the terminal.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

+1

They are an absolute joke. :mad:
    It's not just football either, it's all sports.
    Have a look at the rugby, tennis etc.
    Boyles have them and so do Ladbrokes.
    They are run by a company (I think it's called BGT) that is completely separate to the bookmaking chains.
    I worked out Ladbrokes BGT (Betting Something Terminal) prices once and it was to 112%-113%.
    I think normal prices are around 105-106%.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Why do so many people use them then?

I see lot of foreign lads especially spend lots of time on them, rarely Irish person for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Because it so easy to do a mixed League football accum.
    Just pick the teams in the different leagues and you have 1 slip with all
    the teams listed on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Why do so many people use them then?

I see lot of foreign lads especially spend lots of time on them, rarely Irish person for some reason.

Because they can do about a 20 bet accum on it for 10c and watch it for the day, relives the boredom of the refugee centres i was told by one of the lads.

Advertisement