Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrongfully accused

Options
  • 09-04-2014 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all
    Hopefully somebody can give me advise here, on my way home from work yesterday I passed a patrol transit connect just before I pulled up to park outside my fathers business, the patrol van did a u turn and pulled up beside me, the passenger got out and asks to see my licence which I produced he then accused me of not having my seatbelt on, I hadn't even taken it off at this stage and I told him I did have it on and that I always wear my seatbelt it's the first thing i do when I get into any vehicle so after a bit of tennis (I did have it on,you didn't have it on) , he got a bit aggressive and told me "I don't appreciate being lied to,so just stop" I told him i'm not lying, his colleague who remained in the van then told I didn't have it on and they always check passing drivers by looking at the gap between the driver and the seatbelt holder( about 5 inches), so They were at a distance of approximately 4 metres looking up into a vehicle higher than there's a big transit at a driver wearing a dark grey fleece with a black bulkhead and a dark grey/black seatbelt, i asked him was he suggesting thaty i put my belt onafter i saw them, he replied no he was not suggesting anything like that, so iasked him how is thebelt still onme now then, he said I could pay the fine or contest it in court got into his vehicle and drove off, I went over to the station after that and spoke to the desk garda and explained the situation, she told me there was nothing I or she could do until irecieve the fixed charge notice, is this right??if I do decide to contest this in court what are my chances will the guards word be taken over mine,I swear to you all I was wearing my belt the whole time,

Comments

oaklandss wrote: »
    Hi all
    Hopefully somebody can give me advise here, on my way home from work yesterday I passed a patrol transit connect just before I pulled up to park outside my fathers business, the patrol van did a u turn and pulled up beside me, the passenger got out and asks to see my licence which I produced he then accused me of not having my seatbelt on, I hadn't even taken it off at this stage and I told him I did have it on and that I always wear my seatbelt it's the first thing i do when I get into any vehicle so after a bit of tennis (I did have it on,you didn't have it on) , he got a bit aggressive and told me "I don't appreciate being lied to,so just stop" I told him i'm not lying, his colleague who remained in the van then told I didn't have it on and they always check passing drivers by looking at the gap between the driver and the seatbelt holder( about 5 inches), so They were at a distance of approximately 4 metres looking up into a vehicle higher than there's a big transit at a driver wearing a dark grey fleece with a black bulkhead and a dark grey/black seatbelt, i asked him was he suggesting thaty i put my belt onafter i saw them, he replied no he was not suggesting anything like that, so iasked him how is thebelt still onme now then, he said I could pay the fine or contest it in court got into his vehicle and drove off, I went over to the station after that and spoke to the desk garda and explained the situation, she told me there was nothing I or she could do until irecieve the fixed charge notice, is this right??if I do decide to contest this in court what are my chances will the guards word be taken over mine,I swear to you all I was wearing my belt the whole time,

Talk to a solicitor if you want legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oaklandss

Talk to a solicitor if you want legal advice.

What's truly enlightened piece of advice,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

Hi all

Your basically asking the guards to help you go against one of their own here which won't happen as you can see from foreign's reply.

Maybe post in the legal discussion or motors thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What's truly enlightened piece of advice,
    It's against Boards.ie rules to give legal advice, thus you will need to contact a solicitor for legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

the_syco wrote: »
    It's against Boards.ie rules to give legal advice, thus you will need to contact a solicitor for legal advice.

We don't give legal advise. Neither does our Legal Discussion area.

Thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement