Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W6/32 antibody clone

Options
  • 01-04-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

I'm going nuts looking for an antibody against HLA-G. There are plenty available, but there are also plenty of HLA-G subtypes too. From what I have read it's subtype HLA-G1 that I want. But the most published antibody clone is W6/32. Which is fine, except none of the suppliers state that it reacts with HLA-G, only A, B and C. What am I missing?:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Well, the antibodypedia lists a bunch of anti-HLA-G antibodies (http://www.antibodypedia.com/gene/4253/HLA-G) (it also lists W6/32 as an A ab as you mentioned).

Are the papers implying that W6/32 binds to G? Some antibodies have off-label uses, but that's usually more "can be used in western blots and not just confocal" rather than binding to other epitopes.

Also, a quick check of my favourite suppliers seems to indicate that people sell panG ab's rather than ones specific to subtypes. You could get the ab made for your subtype if you need (and can find a way to generate enough recombaninat G1).

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Tree wrote: »
    Are the papers implying that W6/32 binds to G? Some antibodies have off-label uses, but that's usually more "can be used in western blots and not just confocal" rather than binding to other epitopes.
    Yup, they imply w6/32 binds to the HLA-G on trophoblasts. Suppliers say it binds A, B and C.
    Tree wrote: »
    Also, a quick check of my favourite suppliers seems to indicate that people sell panG ab's rather than ones specific to subtypes. You could get the ab made for your subtype if you need (and can find a way to generate enough recombaninat G1).
    I was happy ordering a pan HLA-G til I came accross an article advising caution against using any that isn't specific for HLA-G1. It was in Placenta around 2008, v21 I3 I think? Don't have the reference to hand. Author hasn't responded to polite enquiry....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Can you hunt any of the other authors down (on researchgate or the like) to ask? Did they recommend suppliers for G1 or did they make it themselves?

Might be worth emailing W6/32 suppliers to see if they have any info on the people using it against G. Is the implication that A/B/C neg cells are therefore Gpos?

Advertisement