Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 360

Options
  • 31-03-2014 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I have an old xbox 360 and i was wondering would i be able to install anything on to it like android or linux ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

LukeyKid wrote: »
    I have an old xbox 360 and i was wondering would i be able to install anything on to it like android or linux ?

Nope, the Xbox 360 is still very much secure afaik. No easy modifications for it. And even then, the mods don't give access to the entire system afaik. also this forum is more suited to your query so moved it over..

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

yoyo wrote: »
    Nope, the Xbox 360 is still very much secure afaik. No easy modifications for it. And even then, the mods don't give access to the entire system afaik. also this forum is more suited to your query so moved it over..

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The Xbox 360 uses a PowerPC CPU while Android uses ARM so there'll be no Android.

Linux is possible through the Free60 project but it's much more difficult to get it even close to resembling the same experience as desktop linux, especially when it comes to accessing the GPU. You will have to install a modchip to get Free60 to work. Personally I've never saw the attraction, it seems like hardship.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

The Xbox 360 uses a PowerPC CPU while Android uses ARM so there'll be no Android.

Linux is possible through the Free60 project but it's much more difficult to get it even close to resembling the same experience as desktop linux, especially when it comes to accessing the GPU. You will have to install a modchip to get Free60 to work. Personally I've never saw the attraction, it seems like hardship.

Thanks man good to know :)

Advertisement