Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing your new candidate for Europe

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

April Fool?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Beasty wrote: »
    Not sure about this - may have a bit of the Johnny Logan look but he's not getting my backing until I've heard what he's going to sing

That's a bit unfair. Tom has DeVilishly good looks while Johnny Logan is just meh.

/coat

And if he sings like Johnny he's definitely losing my vote. It's for the good of the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Finally someone with a lot of sense to vote for in this election.

You will get my vote Tom. I hope you will win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You're going to block any posts pointing out that it's April 1st, aren't you? :D

It was the comment about joining boards.ie being mandatory that gave you away!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Tom where do you stand on difficult issues like rage quitters in Fifa '14?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Well doe Tom the first cyper-candidate of 2014, thi is the way of the future.
    Is it possible to align with Tom as a Boards candidate for the Midlands–North-West (European Parliament constituency)?
    I fully subscribe to all of Toms positions and would like to add my candidacy to his for the Midlands–North-West (European Parliament constituency) ticket.
    I do not have Tom's long-standing, fearless, advocacy history but I have been a boards member of long-standing and this is more then enough knowledge.
    I also would fulfill the 'party's' female quota requirement.

Act. React. Impact. Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I've checked this forum every day for the last 5 years waiting for an announcement. I'm glad the wait wasn't in vain. Go Tom!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I spent the morning printing out post #1 10,000 times. Does anyone want to help me distribute them to the lunchtime work crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

Am I the only one to think this is an April Fool's ???

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It's sad that more through was put into this April Fools joke than the running of our banks... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Where can I get some badges?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

DeVore wrote: »
    I will stop at nothing,
    Say the right things,
    When electioneering I trust I can rely on your vote

Finally someone that's worth voting for!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

The only problem is I can only vote for you once.

Just sign up with multiple accounts! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Did anyone look at the date? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

When I saw a Voice for Europe, I thought Eurosong.

I am disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Best of luck with the election but you election poster is very blue and cold.
    You need to warm it up a bit.

Something like this perhaps
    <snip>

or this

bb2012-jesse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

About time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Which European party will you align yourself to if voted in?

Happy April 1st btw !! :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I look forward to picketing his events, "Down with this sort of thing!".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Bank details sent, best of luck Tom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

*Spring Time for DeVore and Ir-er-laaand
    Winter for the N-S-Ayyyyyy*

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The only problem is I can only vote for you once.

Pfft! Amateur!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

april fools

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Best of luck, Tom.
    I'd vote for you, but I'm just slightly West of your constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Mandatory social media training? Is that a vested interest? I think a blog or something is a good idea to show what they're up to and allow better communication but I wouldn't be fond of certain media taking a big part in our government. (Not talking about boards)

Good luck with the election!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

For one glorious second I thought I had someone I could happily vote for...

...then I read this: "Repealing the 2009 Defamation Act to once again allow free speech in Ireland"

The Defamation Act if anything made speech freer in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

n auspicious day for Irish Politics, as the first candidate for the Amadain Aibreann party steps forward to challenge the inevitable Fianna Fein coalition.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Felim_Doyle

Tom,

It's a poor choice of date in the calendar to begin a political campaign, people might not take you seriously. Hey, wait a minute ... :rolleyes: #AprilFoolsDay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I still get Australia, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

But will he fix the roads?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement