Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What prizes for a fundraising table quiz?

Options
  • 20-02-2014 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi I am hoping for some advice,
    My family are hosting a fundraising table quiz in a local pub. It will be tables of four €5 a head and we will have 30 tables. We are unsure what to do as first prizes.
    We have been donated a range of prizes, spot prizes and vouchers for a raffle.
    One person suggested.
    First prize: € 200 voucher
    Second prize : €100 voucher
    Third price : €50 voucher.
    I think as there are four players there should be a first place prize of a smaller value for each player on the winning table and that's it.
    As it is as fundraising event I dont think people will expect second and third place prices.
    I think the other vouchers should be used in the raffle or for prizes in other fundraising events they are having for the same cause.
    I have never been to a fundraising table quiz so I am not too sure what people will expect so that's why I am looking for advice.
    I hope this is the right forum.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Few ideas/pointers

1. 30 tables by 4 on team by 5 euro is 600 euro. 350 euro as suggested leaves very little profit. Most i at is 40 euro per table
    2. Although if charity, winners may return prize money
    3. Maybe some local business sponsor prize-restaurant voucher for ??
    4. Prizes of 4 bottles of wine/tins of biscuits should do if charity
    5. No need for 3rd prize
    6. Get teams to name team instead - prize for best name

These only pointers and prob not much help. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

[quite ote="A cow called Daisy;89101275"]Few ideas/pointers

1. 30 tables by 4 on team by 5 euro is 600 euro. 350 euro as suggested leaves very little profit. Most i at is 40 euro per table
    2. Although if charity, winners may return prize money
    3. Maybe some local business sponsor prize-restaurant voucher for ??
    4. Prizes of 4 bottles of wine/tins of biscuits should do if charity
    5. No need for 3rd prize
    6. Get teams to name team instead - prize for best name

These only pointers and prob not much help. Good luck[/quote]

Thank you, I thought those prize values of €350 were maybe too high especially for a fundraiser.
    A local business have donated a hamper to the value of € 100 euro, which could be used as a first prize. We also have vouchers for restaurants and bottles of wine.
    I like the idea of a prize for best team name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The pub should donate a good prize, maybe 4 bottles of wine or better. If you're bringing in 50-100 customers for a night, you should get a cut of their profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 quizzer

If it's fundraising for a good cause, I wouldn't give cash or cash voucher prizes. The winners may just feel obliged to give them back.

If it's for a good cause, small (donated) prizes will suffice, I'd say. Maybe two bottles of wine for each member of the winning team, or something like that. And have some spot or raffle prizes, so that you don't need to be great at quizzes to still have a chance of a prize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

quizzer wrote: »
    If it's fundraising for a good cause, I wouldn't give cash or cash voucher prizes. The winners may just feel obliged to give them back.
    And the problem is?

• Advertisement
Advertisement