Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

105.2?

• 17-03-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

There's some guy on 105.2 now. Anyone know who he is? I don't think he was in Phantom before, but I could be wrong. The playlist hasn't changed much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Junk Adele

It's the Caretaker, Mick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Junk Adele wrote: »
    It's the Caretaker, Mick.

He's better than Joe Donnelly. That guy really should be sweeping the floors. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

There was a guy on this evening who identified himself as Paul Donegan. Anyone know who he is?

By the way, perhaps the Forum should be retitled as 105.2!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

guessing he's this guy:
    http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/paul-donegan/3b/211/b8a

FRQ.fm was grand the few times I put it on (last year though tbh, no idea what it's like now), think Claire Beck may have had done a few slots on it around last summer?

guessing he's this guy:
    http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/paul-donegan/3b/211/b8a

FRQ.fm was grand the few times I put it on (last year though tbh, no idea what it's like now), think Claire Beck may have had done a few slots on it around last summer?

I was going to ask who Claire O'Dowd was. She was on this morning. But, taking a leaf out of your book, I think I have found the answer!

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=117317306&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=eQI_&locale=en_US&srchid=566980151395167782874&srchindex=1&srchtotal=7&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A566980151395167782874%2CVSRPtargetId%3A117317306%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

She certainly has built up considerable experience already and she was easy on the ear. I see she is part of the Communicorp group. That is probably what they will do for most presenters until the re-launch.

Again, I think in all seriousness that the Forum Name may need to be changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I was going to ask who Claire O'Dowd was. She was on this morning. But, taking a leaf out of your book, I think I have found the answer!

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=117317306&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=eQI_&locale=en_US&srchid=566980151395167782874&srchindex=1&srchtotal=7&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A566980151395167782874%2CVSRPtargetId%3A117317306%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

She certainly has built up considerable experience already and she was easy on the ear. I see she is part of the Communicorp group. That is probably what they will do for most presenters until the re-launch.

Why change the forum name? We are still discussing Phantom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

This forum is already dead and forgotten about. Just look at who the moderator is!

I think it should remain here in memory of Phantom.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

Just look at who the moderator is!

Who is the moderator? (Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but I don't know how you find out who they are. Is there a boards 101 class that I should attend?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Who is the moderator? (Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but I don't know how you find out who they are. Is there a boards 101 class that I should attend?)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=64 It shows it at the bottom right

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

Cheers.

• Advertisement

I get what people are saying about preserving the memory of Phantom in the Forum name and the fact that they are talking about Phantom.

My point is that if you look at this as an on-going Forum about the station that is on 105.2 (formerly Phantom) it makes sense to update the Forum Name in the same way that the station name has changed. After all, the title of this very thread is "105.2?"

If it is changed, it is dealing with the present rather than as some kind of nostalgic historical forum (not that I have anything against nostalgia in radio!).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I get what people are saying about preserving the memory of Phantom in the Forum name and the fact that they are talking about Phantom.

My point is that if you look at this as an on-going Forum about the station that is on 105.2 (formerly Phantom) it makes sense to update the Forum Name in the same way that the station name has changed. After all, the title of this very thread is "105.2?"

If it is changed, it is dealing with the present rather than as some kind of nostalgic historical forum (not that I have anything against nostalgia in radio!).

This forum is a hosted forum for Phantom (note it's location, it's not filed under radio), from when it was a pirate as far as i remember. 105/2 is a different station, if you want a forum for it, get in touch with boards and i'm sure they'll accomodate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Beastie Girl

To be fair, as much as I miss Phantom and the effect it had on my life, friends and music taste (i.e. huge - and trust me, this week I've shocked myself at how depressed I've been about its demise) we have to move on. There is a Phantom Memories thread for this reason but as awful (or maybe not, but alas I suspect it will be!) as the new station may be Phantom as a current station is no more.

Over time I think just keeping one thread open is more valid. I certainly won't forget Phantom but you've got to remember it's Irish too, and a lot of folk will move on, emigrate etc. But a good thread that people actively contribute to will keep it going.

lordgoat wrote: »
    This forum is a hosted forum for Phantom (note it's location, it's not filed under radio), from when it was a pirate as far as i remember. 105/2 is a different station, if you want a forum for it, get in touch with boards and i'm sure they'll accomodate you.

To be honest, I don't feel quite that strong about the issue. I'm just throwing it out there for debate really. At the end of the day, it makes no difference to me really.

It just strikes me that we are not frozen in time. We are continuing to discuss things on this forum both in the recent past and in the present about the station no longer known as Phantom, and will continue to do so as long as this station, whatever it may be called, continues broadcasting.

I accept that this is a hosted forum (with a reference to Music when you go one level up the forum name), and is not under the Radio Forum. I will also bring up another example which does not help my case! Dublin City FM's hosted forum is still called Anna Livia.

Fair enough point about the type of forum, but that does not mean the Forum Name has to be necessarily frozen in time: it's not some sort of rule - it's a matter of what makes most sense to posters and on-lookers.

Think of the casual music or radio listener or the person new to 105.2 who stumbles upon this forum name. They might think that this is nothing to do with the station they discovered on 105.2 when they see "Phantom" and they don't look any further.

What about if "Phantom" became a sub-forum of 105.2 or TX FM 105.2, or whatever you want to call it. All the threads until the forum name change could be put in this sub-forum, the idea being any discussion about the old Phantom could be handled within that sub-forum. Too complicated? Have you seen all the sub-forums under the Television Forum?

As I say, I'm just throwing it out there. Who knows what may come out of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

I don't think the current operators have interested in running or maintaining a forum for the new station. In fact this forum is a bit of a Phantom legacy, the "social media" of another era.

Five Lamps wrote: »
    I don't think the current operators have interested in running or maintaining a forum for the new station. In fact this forum is a bit of a Phantom legacy, the "social media" of another era.

I accept that I have lost this one! I'll just crawl back into my box!.......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Audio Quality has been pretty shocking for the past few hours on 105.2, just tuned in and still the same

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Advertisement