Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Goods stolen in Sally Gap, Wicklow

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Gutted for you OP, I had a load of camera great stolen once, along with a laptop, dj controller and some other stuff. I was gutted but it was the photos I was most upset about losing. I enver thought to post on boards so fingers crossed yuo get them back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

conorhal wrote: »
    There has been a mini crime wave with particular gangs targeting carparks in tourist beauty spots in the past two years or so. They know full well that there will likey be a haul of goodies that are easy picking in an area that has no security or policing. People really should be warned not to leave anything of value in their cars around the picknick and beauty spot areas in the Dublin mountians. I can't imagine why there aren't signs all over the area, but then I suppose it's ofputting to the tourists.

there are signs , people chose to ignore them

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Wicklow gap was always dodgy, lads cruising looking for parked up tourists cars to rob from. I just don't see what the op hopes to achieve. They have insurance, they need to claim on that, they have diddly chance of getting their stuff back and who on AH is going to swoop in and sort their keys? I'll give it a few "ahh, shure god love ye's" if it makes ye feel better. Jasus, it's getting like the Joe Duffy show. That and the "Lost and found" section.

What do you hope to achieve here? Why don't you just p1ss off and pollute some other thread with your assholery

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

Just to make clear it wasn't a rented car. It was my personal car. My brother came here from UK and his car is over there without keys now. What I am asking about if somebody finds something from the list or anything suspicious just let me know. We do scan all adverts sites. Hope to get something. Plus they got a lot of items not valuable to them but valuable to us such as documents or keys. To get documents now gonna cost a lot money and time. They probably thrown them away. This is my main focus at the moment. to find anything. It should be thrown away somewhere. But the area is big. I know here are a lot of mountain bike clubs or mountain walkers and so on. That is why I posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

My father walks in that area about four days per week I'll ask him to keep an eye out.
    Terrible to have your stuff stolen like that. I hope the scum get what they Have coming to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

I'm guessing there's a dozen people whose houses were burgularised yesterday, a hundred people whose cars were broken into and a few dozen who got mugged. You need extra fussing over why, again? No-one died, you lost some stuff, you need to fill some forms. There you go.

Ah, I see you are of ''THAT'' mentality, the '' After hours is a wild place!anything goes here!! let's put anyone and everyone down because it's the internet and they can't see us''
    it's sad when someone can't ask for help for fear of people like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Ah, I see you are of ''THAT'' mentality, the '' After hours is a wild place!anything goes here!! let's put anyone and everyone down because it's the internet and they can't see us''
    it's sad when someone can't ask for help for fear of people like you.

So lets see how many bits of gear get recovered due to a thread in AH. Or, lets bang up a sticky - "Stuff that got robbed today". Should be pretty jammed within a week. And all the lovlies going "Ohh, sorry for your loss OP, that's devastating, mwah". His camera got nicked, he didn't lose a kidney ffs.

If you parked your car with gear to that value in the boot in any place on earth, you'd be lucky to find the blocks they used to put it up on when you got back. Someone else would've nicked them. I've come back to the car several times to find some gee-bag has put in a window and done a runner with whatever was inside. I don't get why this time is special or worthy of a load of hand-wringing. No doubt the Gardai are out in the chopper and CSI are still running prints through pulse..

And for the "You're being a dick" brigade, what are ye gonna do? Start combing the bracken for clues? Found a support group??
    Sounds like the OP had their entire worldly goods in the boot anyway, the only thing not robbed was their virginity. Who leaves their phone in the boot??

"So, Mr OP, what was taken from the boot?"

"Err, the telly, the cat, my collection of Roman coins, a Picasso, several Vermeers, some platinum, my entire collection of Ronan Keating CD's......"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

They're in sally's gap

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Stavros Murphy, your posts are of absolutely no help in this thread and are bordering on trolling. You don't care about the OP's problem; we get it. Just don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Hi OP sorry you lost your stuff. Try adverts.ie, gumtree.ie and donedeal.ie - these sites used frequently to off load stolen gear. The photographic equipment is so specific it might show up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

We do scan the websites we know. In Ireland and UK as well. My car has a front facing camera. By its manual it supposed to record for up to 15 minutes after stopping the engine. So hopefully the camera worked without interruptions and cached that M...F.... face (if he passed on the front). Gardai took the memory card to investigate. Thank you again guys for your messages. And if some of you know anybody who might walk over there or cycle ask them do not pass by something suspicious. I also share my message on facebook so hopefully somebody will contact me soon. Thank you again. I will update on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Brinimartini

If you have fully comprehensive car insurance, it may cover contents OP.

Thats interesting.I too had my car robbed in the Dublin mountains a few years back and lost my beloved Carl Zeiss Jena binoculars.

So lets see how many bits of gear get recovered due to a thread in AH. Or, lets bang up a sticky - "Stuff that got robbed today". Should be pretty jammed within a week. And all the lovlies going "Ohh, sorry for your loss OP, that's devastating, mwah". His camera got nicked, he didn't lose a kidney ffs.

If you parked your car with gear to that value in the boot in any place on earth, you'd be lucky to find the blocks they used to put it up on when you got back. Someone else would've nicked them. I've come back to the car several times to find some gee-bag has put in a window and done a runner with whatever was inside. I don't get why this time is special or worthy of a load of hand-wringing. No doubt the Gardai are out in the chopper and CSI are still running prints through pulse..

And for the "You're being a dick" brigade, what are ye gonna do? Start combing the bracken for clues? Found a support group??
    Sounds like the OP had their entire worldly goods in the boot anyway, the only thing not robbed was their virginity. Who leaves their phone in the boot??

"So, Mr OP, what was taken from the boot?"

"Err, the telly, the cat, my collection of Roman coins, a Picasso, several Vermeers, some platinum, my entire collection of Ronan Keating CD's......"

On the way to the airport when you stop to piss or for a bit bigger, are you taking all your luggage with you in case someone break into your car's boot? What a stupid comments you make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

OP I hope you find out who did this and get your stuff back.

It might be a good idea to buy a portable camera or use a camera in the car for the future when parking up in desolate areas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I'm guessing there's a dozen people whose houses were burgularised yesterday, a hundred people whose cars were broken into and a few dozen who got mugged. You need extra fussing over why, again? No-one died, you lost some stuff, you need to fill some forms. There you go.
    How sympathetic of u. Have u ever heard of the word empathy? If you ever get robbed in sure you would like some help to find your belongings. His kids toys were even robed. I have been robed myself and I can tell u it's not a nice experience. Insurance can't replace everything.i am going too look in a local market next weekend for the op s belongings. It's no problem I will be there anyway. Only for his post I would be oblivious to this crime.

How sympathetic of u. Have u ever heard of the word empathy? If you ever get robbed in sure you would like some help to find your belongings. His kids toys were even robed. I have been robed myself and I can tell u it's not a nice experience. Insurance can't replace everything.i am going too look in a local market next weekend for the op s belongings. It's no problem I will be there anyway. Only for his post I would be oblivious to this crime.
    Thank you for that

dgt wrote: »
    OP I hope you find out who did this and get your stuff back.

It might be a good idea to buy a portable camera or use a camera in the car for the future when parking up in desolate areas
    They steal dashcams as well, but my one is a dashcam-mirror so they didn't realize. So now waiting for garda call if they found something on the footage or my card in the post box if they didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

it might be worth your while posting in the photography forum,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27
    the lads and lassies over there might spot some of your gear being more familiar with cameras etc,
    best of luck, hope things work out.

any chance you have a tracker set up on the phone? Like the apple 'find my phone'

Hope you get your stuff back OP.

And those pricks get caught!
    The phone was switched off straight away. We just blacklisted it... hopefully some walkers will find something trown out somewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Hi Arcius.

Sorry to hear about you being robbed, I guess you found out too late that the area is notorious for this kind of thing.

Go over to the Sports forum on boards and post this up in the "Outdoor Pursuits" and the "Cycling" forums. There are a lot of walkers and cyclists up that way over the weekend, somebody may have seen something.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

stuff robbed out of my van at 2 o clock in the day OUTSIDE work in the factory carpark , 20 ft in front of cctv and 200ft from security hut with 2 security guards in it .

Garda came , fingerprinted van , said it was " TRAVELLERS " , and my child's motorcycle was on it's way to car boot sale in another county and there is very little can be done about it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

That parking spot overlooking lough Tay is notorious for attracting thieves,and in fairness they have signs up acknowledging it. Don't know what can be done to stop it,well,within reason,anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

crockholm wrote: »
    That parking spot overlooking lough Tay is notorious for attracting thieves,and in fairness they have signs up acknowledging it. Don't know what can be done to stop it,well,within reason,anyways.

There's a lot could be done to deal with scum when they're caught. It's not though, so you're probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

crockholm wrote: »
    There's signs at the one that's high up overlooking the road here, but not at the other one where all the tours stop a little further on here though.

Advertisement