Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterside Development Swords / Malahide

Options
  • 22-01-2014 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi guys quick query if living in waterside development how far a walk is it to swords Centre and also malahide village
    Also is there a bus link to each
    Many thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Walking is 2km to Swords or 3.5km to Malahide.

Put your exact locations and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Select "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum 20 min walk".

Bus 102 runs along the Swords-Malahide Road, with the 142 (semi-express) at peak times and the Nitelink 42n at the weekend. Alternatively, walk to Seabury (Malahide) for the 32x (semi-express) or 42 to either Malahide village or city centre. You can get the DART or commuter trains from Malahide.

From Mountgorry Way (Swords side of motorway) you can also get the 43 to Swords or the city centre.

From Swords, you can get the 33, 33a, 33b, 33d (semi-express), 33x (semi-express), 41, 41a, 41b, 41c, 41x (semi-express), 43, 102, Swords Express (semi-express) and Nitelink 33n, 41n

• Registered Users Posts: 8 novlean

Victor wrote: »
    Walking is 2km to Swords or 3.5km to Malahide.

Put your exact locations and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Select "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum 20 min walk".

Bus 102 runs along the Swords-Malahide Road, with the 142 (semi-express) at peak times and the Nitelink 42n at the weekend. Alternatively, walk to Seabury (Malahide) for the 32x (semi-express) or 42 to either Malahide village or city centre. You can get the DART or commuter trains from Malahide.

From Mountgorry Way (Swords side of motorway) you can also get the 43 to Swords or the city centre.

From Swords, you can get the 33, 33a, 33b, 33d (semi-express), 33x (semi-express), 41, 41a, 41b, 41c, 41x (semi-express), 43, 102, Swords Express (semi-express) and Nitelink 33n, 41n

Hi Victor.

It looks like you live in the Waterside. Can you share if it's a good development to live in? How are the situation with neighbours?
    We are thinking on buying a family house there, any pros/cons?

Thanks.

novlean wrote: »
    It looks like you live in the Waterside.
    Sorry, no I live in a galaxy far, far away. :)

The only things I'm aware of are (a) that a lot of the residents are upset their address is Swords, when they claim they were told it was Malahide and (b) that some people in Malahide unkindly refer to it is 'Tallaghthide'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 novlean

Victor wrote: »
    Sorry, no I live in a galaxy far, far away. :)

The only things I'm aware of are (a) that a lot of the residents are upset their address is Swords, when they claim they were told it was Malahide and (b) that some people in Malahide unkindly refer to it is 'Tallaghthide'.

That an interesting quote :) Why is that? Do you know by any chance.
    I googled to find any specific feedback on the Waterside but failed to find anything recent, just things backdated to 2006-2009.

So I wonder where do I find ppl leaving in there to ask on their feedback? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

novlean wrote: »
    That an interesting quote :) Why is that? Do you know by any chance.
    I googled to find any specific feedback on the Waterside but failed to find anything recent, just things backdated to 2006-2009.

So I wonder where do I find ppl leaving in there to ask on their feedback? :)

Go visit the estate at different times, day, evening, weekend etc to get a feel for the place. Ask anyone you meet what they think of living there.

Should give you a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

it was called waterside, swords road, malahide. So people assumed (a) it was in malahide and (b) it had a view of the sea.

Its actually at malahide road, Swords and the waterside is a water feature in the middle of the development.

So it got a bad name for this. Its more or less in Swords..but thats not a bad thing, unless you wanted malahide town.

It turns out to be technically Malahide as per below post

it was called waterside, swords road, malahide. So people assumed (a) it was in malahide and (b) it had a view of the sea.

Its actually at malahide road, Swords and the waterside is a water feature in the middle of the development.

So it got a bad name for this. Its definitely in Swords..but thats not a bad thing, unless you wanted malahide

East of the M1 is Malahide and West is Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

well there yeh go! They were technically correct! i didnt know that tbh. I remember all the furore on Joe Duffy when the estate was built :P didnt realise this was the case though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

TRS30 wrote: »

Waterside is Swords not Malahide despite anyone who lives there's protestations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

That is actually a divide completely fabricated with the view of selling waterside for an inflated price.

A friend of mind who used to live on that road further towards Malahide lived on the actual dividing line. Waterside is Swords.

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    Waterside is Swords not Malahide despite anyone who lives there's protestations.
    That is actually a divide completely fabricated with the view of selling waterside for an inflated price.

A friend of mind who used to live on that road further towards Malahide lived on the actual dividing line. Waterside is Swords.

I don't live in Waterside.

Check the local CC office to see the town maps. As far I know they were redrawn when the M1 was built.

Actually, the front of Waterside is in Swords, the rear in Malahide
    All the Local Electoral Area dictates is where a councillor is elected and what committee they sit on.

http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,719957,746220,4,3

298453.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

which overlay shows that or did you just draw it?

The layer HISTORIC 6" shows baronies, townlands, etc. The image I posted is a edit / merge of that and STREET MAP (beta). You can get something similar by using the slider.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Beancounter 2013

So, back to the question of what it is like to live in and not the ongoing and tired 'what's the address' debate. I lived in Waterside for 8 years with my family and moved overseas last summer. We lived in a semi so I can't comment on any of the duplex/apartment units which usually have complaints no matter where they are located. Our home was very comfortable and well laid out. My daughters had lovely friends in the development and with the opening of the local shop all those drives to either Malahide or Swords for the forgotten bread/milk were over. There were 3 or 4 express buses into the city centre each morning which worked for commuting (and there were usually one or two seats actually available by the time it stopped outside Waterside). That service also ran from the city in the evening. Parking was designated though not enforced - I understand there is now a permit parking system in place so that issue should be resolved. We had no complaints and I'd recommend it to anybody looking for the a modern house in a convenient location with all the schools, shops, amenities etc necessary close at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Normajeanjones

Hi everyone,

Didn't want to open a new thread but wanted to ask about the Waterside development and see if anyone had any recent feedback on living there? I've seen a few properties up recently and the location seems good to me.

Would anyone have any comments on living there?

Thanks!

Advertisement