Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saved By Helmet

Options
  • 12-03-2014 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

A few of us from the club went down to do the Sean Kelly Tour of Waterford route and while descending after Mama Road climb and traveling about 60 kmph a sheep ran across the road into my path. I landed head first and to be honest I still don;t know how I was not killed. I broke my clavicle and have cuts and grazes. helmet is a write off but definitely saved me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,047 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'm glad ewe are OK and hope that you wool be more careful descending in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lumen wrote: »
    I'm glad ewe are OK and hope that you wool be more careful descending in future.

Those are some baaaaaaad puns.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

And the sheep?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

P M me your address and I'll send you a medal

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Ewe already know what a baaaahhhd crash i had in my last race. Helmet saved me from being completely fleeced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Long running post on this exact topic last year threw up a raft of crap from the anti helmet brigade.

Let's not go there again cause we all know helmets don't save lives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Jesus wept. So many woolly puns...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭furiousox

I'd say the sheep also has cuts, and grazes.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

From photos taken in your cycle thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89416501&postcount=2754
    is that them? Look at the waiting for their next victim.

Get well soon though

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

furiousox wrote: »
    I'd say the sheep also has cuts, and grazes.

Ah for flock's sake....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Lucky lucky, speedy recovery...was having this discussion earlier today to a teenager who didn't want to wear his bike helmet, needeless to say the bike went back into the garage, no lid no cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,222 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

AmberGold wrote: »
    Long running post on this exact topic last year threw up a raft of crap from the anti helmet brigade.

Let's not go there again cause we all know helmets don't save lives :)

Agree, the last thing we need is people trying to pull the wool over our eyes!*

* runs away sheepishly..

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

I came on here hoping to read a well thought out articulate thread on the merits of wearing a helmet but instead all I find is a raft of childish sheep puns.

Thanks for mutton.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

detones wrote: »
    I came on here hoping to read a well thought out articulate thread on the merits of wearing a helmet but instead all I find is a raft of childish sheep puns.

Thanks for mutton.

No need to lambaste us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Lumen wrote: »

Lumen your post is so good it's been 'Thank'ed by a Raam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

This topic has been rammed down our throats time and time again. Its a load of tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

I am surprised, it could have been a lot worse, a few cuts & grazes & a broken bone, no one had the decency to ask how the sheep was?

hopefully roasted with some root veg & mint!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Crippens1

I'm getting the flock out of here!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

1899937_10152089942193558_1867000841_n.jpg

Looks like I came out best. Although she seems to have some real good Health Insurance. Lets hope She does not try to make a claim against me.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1899937_10152089942193558_1867000841_n.jpg

Looks like I came out best. Although she seems to have some real good Health Insurance. Lets hope She does not try to make a claim against me.

If anyone knows how to get the picture to show on the thread without having to click on link feel free to change.

Amazing, the shear audacity of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Ovis-ly ewe wool recover. Were the sheep's kin nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Bones and flesh will mend on a far more important note how is the bike
    and please stop with the puns it is very sore falling of a bike suf fulk up and stop making fun of him how would ewe like it

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

Bones and flesh will mend on a far more important note how is the bike
    and please stop with the puns it is very sore falling of a bike suf fulk up and stop making fun of him how would ewe like it

Bike is ok thank the lord. but if the wife asks then its in bits and will have to be replaced by a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

One should always invest in good quality safety equipment ... don't be a sheepskate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

NBar wrote: »
    Lucky lucky, speedy recovery...was having this discussion earlier today to a teenager who didn't want to wear his bike helmet, needeless to say the bike went back into the garage, no lid no cycle

The teenager is more likely to die from the results of obesity (from not cycling) than a head injury (from cycling without a helmet).

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

"OP, next time we will be ready for you"

298482.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭bedirect

good advice being given here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭buffalo

One should always invest in good quality safety equipment ... don't be a sheepskate.

I like to ride without a helmet, get some sheep thrills.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

It happened on the Sean Kelly tour route? that's down in the "Blaaaaaa" country....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

buffalo wrote: »
    I like to ride without a helmet, get some sheep thrills.

Careful now! I wouldn't tell your other half that's why you go cycling in the Wicklow mountains, there's a few possible interpretations to that sentence ;)

Advertisement