Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - March 7th 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Has Evelyn written a book?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why does the Late Late Show feel the need to have a misery slot every week anyway. I actually don't mind it now and again because the Late Late was never ever a Graham Norton type show, it had serious topics as well.

But there's nopoint to this. Not making light of her plight, but is she only on because she was a researcher on the Gerry Ryan show? There's plenty of people with cancer in this country unfortunately.

Fine if there's a story to be told and in fairness to this woman, having cancer whilst pregnant is a unique situation. But the way the researchers go out of their way looking for a story to fill the weekly misery slot is just weird.

especially so soon after majella o donnell. I've been down the same road as both these women but i don't want to be reminded of it nearly every Friday night. I want some light entertainment, a laugh, but hearing there stories over and over just drags me back to that awful time when i just want to get on with things.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭vforvictory

squadro wrote: »
    feck it, no jim. anyone got a clip:)

http://youtu.be/seU4xsz9vsY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Will Hector talk about Dan Healy? :eek: :D

I'd say that he will be on his best behaviour tonight... I'd love to know what he really thinks about him losing his job and Tubridy being kept on ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I'm getting lost here. Is this a clip from Ally McBeal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dude, she is selling a BOOK.

I'm referring moreso to the weekly misery slot and why they feel the need to fill it. If there's a story worth hearing, fine. But the fact they go out of their looking for material is what I'm commenting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

Yeah, I like her a lot too. Don't see her half often enough - though I think she was on TG4 one time. I'm no gaelgeoir though.

What a smile, and those eyes... Swoon ! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 72,207 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Nice of the roadies to step in and back her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

merlin the wizard there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 366 ✭✭Juan_Mata

She's not a bad singer for a fossil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Good voice this one. Who is she?

Autosport wrote: »
    Awww did someone not get a hug today :p

Bring on Hector :D

No :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

So that's what Saruman is doing with his time these days, playing bass..

The only band that includes an ambulance driver as one of their roadies..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

I like her. Nice relaxing tune.

I'd say that he will be on his best behaviour tonight... I'd love to know what he really thinks about him losing his job and Tubridy being kept on ...

Especially when his show was one of the few on 2fm that was gaining listeners!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

His numbers were atrocious, far worse than Tubridy's.

Even with his recent rise he was way behind what other incarnations of the 2FM Breakfast Show were getting (When they were sacked for having no listeners).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Frank McNamara and Gandalf on bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

especially so soon after majella o donnell. I've been down the same road as both these women but i don't want to be reminded of it nearly every Friday night. I want some light entertainment, a laugh, but hearing there stories over and over just drags me back to that awful time when i just want to get on with things.

Couldn't agree more. My wife died from cancer. I don't want to be constantly reminded about it. I want to get on with life.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

It's like Blue Steel on coke the faces she's making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

merlin the wizard there

Couple of hair disasters !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Will Hector talk about Dan Healy? :eek: :D

Hector was on ray darcy during the week and he didn't have a bad word to say and that was on an independent radio show, so expect a "ah sure listen Ryan that's the way it goes" attitude

Sorry to hear that.. You never know who you're talking to on boards really do you..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Her face pulling is very creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Oh, I'm sure that'll be tackled head on.

So, where can I buy Evelyn O'Rourke's new book?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Good voice this one. Who is she?

Judith Owen.

We need Harry Shearer to walk on at the end and say 'Excellent' in his Mr. Burns voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

ElChe32 wrote: »
    So that's what Saruman is doing with his time these days, playing bass..

Well now, they were hardly gonna leave him in charge of Isengard so he got this gig from a jobsbridge scheme.

Wahoo wahoo wahoo

• Advertisement

lol @ yer man in the audience.. :pac:

Advertisement