Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

South East Roller Derby?

• 21-01-2014 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello all!!
    Any chance there's a few ladies out there that want to set up a derby team in the south east??
    I live in Wexford and would love to play derby, but the lack of teams is upsetting :(
    Could anyone interested, anyone at all, please contact me? I look forward to hearing back B-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

Where abouts in Wexford are you? Would you be able to get to either Greystones or Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 annabomination

Hi, you should definitely come visit your neighbouring derby team in Waterford! Or maybe you already have? Your username looks familiar so I think I know who you are, and you did some of our freshmeat course? Its a long way to travel on a regular basis, especially if you're relying on buses! If you do get a few interested folks in wexford, we'd be happy to help ye get started in whatever way we can :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 homerrssimpson

Hi, you should definitely come visit your neighbouring derby team in Waterford! Or maybe you already have? Your username looks familiar so I think I know who you are, and you did some of our freshmeat course? Its a long way to travel on a regular basis, especially if you're relying on buses! If you do get a few interested folks in wexford, we'd be happy to help ye get started in whatever way we can :-)

Yup, I was there and I miss it very much. Hard to find anyone interested nearer Wexford though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Carmeii

Could you make it to Bray? East Coast Cyclones have their Fresh Meat starting this Wednesday in Bray from 8-10. We also have our bout in Greystones on Sunday in Shoreline in Greystones if u can make that? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GoldeeKnoxx

If you miss roller derby and want a team in your area, why not make it happen? That's how Tipperary Roller Girls started, by one girl feeling the same as you. Start small, find one of two people, get a small community hall to practice in for now or anywhere that you can and start generating some interest. Use social media, hand out business cards, flyers. That's how I found out about our team, by a business card on a night out. Find even one other person and work as a team. It's hard work but if you want it bad enough, it's achievable. Other teams will be supportive, we have found they are great. We have no experienced trainer, we have done it all ourselves and it can be done! With some confidence and sheer determination and drive, you can do it! Go for it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

If you miss roller derby and want a team in your area, why not make it happen? That's how Tipperary Roller Girls started, by one girl feeling the same as you. Start small, find one of two people, get a small community hall to practice in for now or anywhere that you can and start generating some interest. Use social media, hand out business cards, flyers. That's how I found out about our team, by a business card on a night out. Find even one other person and work as a team. It's hard work but if you want it bad enough, it's achievable. Other teams will be supportive, we have found they are great. We have no experienced trainer, we have done it all ourselves and it can be done! With some confidence and sheer determination and drive, you can do it! Go for it! :)

Offtopic, but if you ever want a hand with coaching, I'm happy to come down for a session - I'm a skater/coach with Dublin (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

binncheol wrote: »
    Offtopic, but if you ever want a hand with coaching, I'm happy to come down for a session - I'm a skater/coach with Dublin (:

Yes yes yes please! We are always happy to have anyone down - shoot us a mail at secretary@tipperaryrollergirls.com or fb and we will totally set something up! <3<3

Advertisement