Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career guidance

Options
  • 25-02-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi can somebody suggest a good career advisor in the Dublin region.
    I've seen some career coaches advertised, has anybody any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Just curious is this someone who advising people doing the LC on future careers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mitchell53

No I've education up to masters level, so career advice regards career move etc. just want to get advice from a good source!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

I went to a career advice company on Leeson street in 2012 where all the staff were occupational psychologists with all the current psychometric tests etc. It cost a small fortune and to be honest I got no benefit from it whatsoever. I asked for opinions and checked companies out online which is how I ended up going to this particular company. I was extremely disappointed. PM me if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

I am in the same boat myself. I am looking for a good career guidance counselor in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 tissues

Hi All, did you have any joy with this? I'm desperately in need of a change and would love to work at something I'm passionate about, just need to figure out why that is!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭clobber

Looking for a career guidance company/person in Dublin for simply a one off careers meeting.

A meeting to lay out bare my choices and path to what I want.

Not looking for someone like my school or colleges guidance officer whereby they are looking at me in a personal capacity too.

One where timeframes and everything are discussed.

Just looking for the right name/place in Dublin. I will do everything after that

Sorry in advance but not interested in online searching or computerised stuff. Just want to talk to a real person

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

How do you expect anyone to be able to " to lay out bare my choices and path to what I want", without know any about you personally. Since all you are looking for it is probable a lot cheaper if you just google the info you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭clobber

They find out when I go to them (im not a serial killer dont worry)

Too many moving parts for google sorry.

Don't care about the fee. Same as consultancy. Its done for healthcare, insurance and countless other things

Advertisement