Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookies limits

Options
  • 21-02-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭

Went to to back a team to win a College tournament outright (GAA Football) yesterday before today's semi finals.
    Wanted €300 on the 4/6 Fav in a major chain of bookmakers.
    Have a guess how much I was offered and what bookie it was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Went to to back a team to win a College tournament outright (GAA Football) yesterday before today's semi finals.

On post history I'll guess Boyles. :P

Just reminded me. I opened an account with Winner a couple of weeks ago to back Italy for Davis Cup @ 40/1. Bet went to trader and came back offering 33/1. Was only having a fiver each way. First bet too so hardly any reason to limit me. I took the 33/1 anyway as it matched the next best price available elsewhere and money was already in the account but what a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Boyles and 25euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ladbrokes & €105 max stake.

This means they have a loss limit of
    €70
    on a GAA Outright market which for one of the world's biggest bookies is a joke.
    Even the staff member was embarrassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

last year in pp shop went in with 300 to back madrid at 4/6 to qualify after the first leg against utd. they rang up and only allowed 150 on. this was a huge champions league tie. thats the way its gone these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Ladbrokes & €105 max stake.

This means they have a loss limit of
    €70
    on a GAA Outright market which for one of the world's biggest bookies is a joke.
    Even the staff member was embarrassed.

So potentially you can win more on a fiver first goalscorer bet in one football match than on an entire tournament outright bet? I actually thought of Ladbrokes as without any Irish head office or traders they might not fancy taking on GAA especially at Sigerson Cup level. Still crap though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

last year in pp shop went in with 300 to back madrid at 4/6 to qualify after the first leg against utd. they rang up and only allowed 150 on. this was a huge champions league tie. thats the way its gone these day

That's shocking.
    I actually thought of Ladbrokes as without any Irish head office or traders they might not fancy taking on GAA especially at Sigerson Cup level. Still crap though.

Wasn't Sigerson but still poor show.
    Wasn't as if I was trying to have 10k on it, it just makes them look terrible
    if the max they will lay it for is €70.
    If they don't want to lay it, why bother quoting it?
    Forgot to mention they cut it straight after :(.

Advertisement