Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clutch - Earth Rocker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Really should be a cracking gig as Lionize are a very good act in their own right, and Clutch are, well Clutch are Clutch. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

If they played only Earth Rocker I'd be happy. And they have some great stuff from before that obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Bought my ticket today as The Academy posted on their facebook page that the gig was heading for a sellout. Could be just a marketing ploy, but consider yourself warned anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

blastman wrote: »
    Bought my ticket today as The Academy posted on their facebook page that the gig was heading for a sellout. Could be just a marketing ploy, but consider yourself warned anyway....

I saw that, having to wait till next week at least is annoying me!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    I saw that, having to wait till next week at least is annoying me!

Keep an eye out on ticketmaster.ie , If when you go onto the Clutch page to buy tickets it usual says "Limited Tickets Available " when you attempt to buy a ticket

• Advertisement

Keep an eye out on ticketmaster.ie , If when you go onto the Clutch page to buy tickets it usual says "Limited Tickets Available " when you attempt to buy a ticket

Finally got my ticket there :)

Lionize will have their new album out before the gig. Heard a few tracks off of it and the new stuff sounded really good.

Got my tickets today, very excited already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Tickets ordered! Delighted I got them :D Bring on May 9th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Got my ticket the other day, can't wait for it now, really looking forward to Lionize aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Just got around to listening to this album. Pretty good. What's their best album?

I say Blast Tyrant!

Strange Cousins From The West. :)

Strange Cousins From The West or Earth Rocker for me

Really can't go wrong with any of their releases though.

Not to hijack the thread, came across a band called Red Fang, not to dissimilar in sound...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Paybel

Got my ticket the other day, can't wait for it now, really looking forward to Lionize aswell.
    Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Tickets ordered! Delighted I got them :D Bring on May 9th :D
    Mushy wrote: »
    Got my tickets today, very excited already.

Hey guys - my boyfriend is a fan of Clutch and we're going to see them on the 9th too! My birthday is the 10th. I've been shown a few youtube video's and he was making them out to be something I'd hate - but I don't mind them at all!

It'll be an experience. I've my cousin and her boyfriend coming over for the gig and there's a lot more people who I know that like them and didn't realize they were playing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Robot hive exodus is their best album in my opinion.

Also listened to some Fu Manchu. I need to get some of these albums by Clutch etc. Perfect car music

seachto7 wrote: »
    Also listened to some Fu Manchu. I need to get some of these albums by Clutch etc. Perfect car music
    Clutch is all my OH plays in the car! Slight obsession with Gravel Road but that's not a bad thing :D

I'd like to cherry pick from a few bands. Latest clutch one sounds good.

• Advertisement

I'd like to cherry pick from a few bands. Latest clutch one sounds good.

The Bakerton Group are worth looking at. They're an instrumental band though but they are pretty awesome :D

Not to hijack the thread, came across a band called Red Fang, not to dissimilar in sound...

Would put them as being closer in sound to the likes of Kyuss, Screaming Trees, or maybe early Queens of the stone age than they are to Clutch tbh.

Having said that I can see why some of Red Fang's music, especially their most recent album, especially would bring Clutch to mind

Down to the last 30 tickets, allegedly :)

blastman wrote: »
    Down to the last 30 tickets, allegedly :)

MCD Productions ‏
    Clutch in the @academydublin is now sold out!!

Glad i didnt wait too long to get a ticket

Delighted to hear that, shall be a brilliant night.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

Finally getting to see the mighty Clutch time to escape from the prison planet for one night at least :)

Lionize's new album, Jetpack Soundtrack, is out in a few days (Feb 18th on Amazon).

Have it preordered because their earlier albums are very good. Loving what I have heard from Jetpack Soundtrack though. Shaping up to be a great gig with them providing the support as I would have travelled to see Lionize let alone the mighty Clutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

That lionize song above is an awful attempt at clutch. Especially the lyrics.

Been similarities in how they and Clutch sound for three or four albums now.

Hell they even look a little like they should be in Clutch :D

lionizeband2014_638.jpg

Plus with their new album, they have become the first artists that are not Clutch or Clutch band members to get a release through Weathermaker Music.

Plus the new album has been co produced by a member of Clutch and by Machine (who produced Earth Rocker).

So if they did not sound like Clutch after all that I would have been amazed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Just got my ticket for the show they announced in Antwerp, excellent venue and only €18 as well. Had been contemplating flying home for the Academy gig. Roll on April!

Advertisement