Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K-pop/K-dramas

Options
  • 13-04-2012 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Just curious to see if anybody else on boards enjoys K-pop/ and or K-dramas :D
    If so who do you listen to? What dramas have you watched- any suggestions? And how did you first learn about k-pop/k-dramas?

I enjoy listening to CNBLUE, B2st, mblaq, Bigbang, 2ne1, SNSD (depends), SuperJunior (depends) and f(x)... to name my favourites.

I've watched You're/He's Beautiful but haven't had time to watch more dramas :pac: but have watched some movies....

Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I lived in Korea for a year, saw 2ne1 and G-Dragon at a dance festival (they were on before royksopp???!!)

소녀시대 is where its at though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Youtube has a dedicated K-Pop channel, suppose to be one of the busiest channels on Youtube. Interesting to look at the world map stats to see who watches the most popular vids. The usually countries such as American, Australia and Canada pop up that have large korean population as does Saudi Arabia and Iran. Ireland never figures too much.

I tried watching some of the Korean dramas because I have a huge interest in Korean movies and actors seem to move between the two media quite often. The storylines can be very one track, the Cinderella storyline seems to be constantly reworked with pantomime overacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Youtube has a dedicated K-Pop channel, suppose to be one of the busiest channels on Youtube. Interesting to look at the world map stats to see who watches the most popular vids. The usually countries such as American, Australia and Canada pop up that have large korean population as does Saudi Arabia and Iran. Ireland never figures too much.

I tried watching some of the Korean dramas because I have a huge interest in Korean movies and actors seem to move between the two media quite often. The storylines can be very one track, the Cinderella storyline seems to be constantly reworked with pantomime overacting.

Ive watched a couple with my girlfriend, and i cant help laugh at them. They are so corny and riddled with the same cliches: guy misses meeting girl, girl misses guy, someone standing in the rain holding flowers, looking out a window when its raining with r'n'b on the radio, someone getting drunk on soju cos theyre pissed off.
    At least 3 of these have happened in every episode of every k-drama ive seen

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭steve66

korean pop, no.
    korean dramas, yes. I'm a big fan
    Yes, there are many cliches, but probably just as many in american dramas.
    The acting can be overripe, but I've seen some excellent performances too.
    some recommended show
    kingdom of the winds
    my name is kim sam soon
    city hall
    I also enjoy dramas from other dramas from other south east asian countries, such as japan, china, hong kong, thailand etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I always liked the bit where they "need to talk" then suddenly they are in a coffee shop already served and sitting down before they continue on the conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭steve66

piggybacks are my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭aob85

Im obsessed with 소녀시대 (Girls Generation) and love Shinee, EXO, 2ne1 and BigBang... to name but a few
    I love k-dramas too.. one of my favorites s Rooftop Prince! It was so so so funny! and sweet
    Most of the kdramas are so cheesey any corny and very predictable..but theyre very addictive lol!
    oh also LOVED Dream High

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Agree with everybody else on the corn and cheese that is K-drama.

It's such a guilty pleasure - I would liken it to sugar-coated heroin.

I've watched Playful Kiss and Boys Over Flowers and would recommend if you're into this sort of thing - must look up the others recommended on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Boice

wow CNBLUE is really my favourite band!!!!:heart: And I went to their concert once. I think I'll never forget that day. Because of them I began to learn Korean, a little bit of Guitar... When FNC global audition came to Chengdu, China, I also joined (just for an unforgettable experience.
    While another group that I love so much is GOT7. They debut later than CNBLUE. Actually the first time I was shocked deeply should be their dance of (If you do). Totally fascinated so that I also have learned that dance.
    For me, I think I would never love other idols anymore but only CNBLUE and GOT7. kkkkkkkkkkk

Advertisement