Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paddy Power restriction

• 06-02-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering has many people had much experience of accounts being restricted by paddy power? My account has been restricted and I've been told by online chat that it was done by there trading team.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

They're afraid of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,609 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

davedfc wrote: »
    Hi, I'm wondering has many people had much experience of accounts being restricted by paddy power? My account has been restricted and I've been told by online chat that it was done by there trading team.

You're so lucky, wish my account was restricted .
    You win a lot. !
    ??

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

Ive won a fair bit recently. Mostly what I bet on is accums and I went to put on an 8 team one on and they were offering potential returns of 362.86 where as when you calculated up all the odds the potential returns it should have been 725.73.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

They wouldn't restrict odds afaik, they'd restrict stake.

Ok. I've obviously heard of this being done just hasn't happened to me before. That's me done with paddy power now moving to Ladbrokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

That's the way gambling and bookmakers work. You're not allowed to win but if u were losing all the time you wouldn't be restricted. you're in a no win situation.

That's it move on to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Surprised they'd restrict you if you're only doing 8-fold accumulators.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

That's me done with paddy power now moving to Ladbrokes

interested to see how you get on with Ladbrokes.

Surprised they'd restrict you if you're only doing 8-fold accumulators.

+1.

Normally you'll get restricted for backing movers (irrespective of whether they win or lose), always backing the bookie "enhancements" and of course winning money.
    That's a new one in me being restricted for backing 8fold accums :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,013 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ive won a fair bit recently. Mostly what I bet on is accums and I went to put on an 8 team one on and they were offering potential returns of 362.86 where as when you calculated up all the odds the potential returns it should have been 725.73.

This didn't happen.
    I'm not saying you are intentionally lying, but you've made a mistake somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Mellor wrote: »
    This didn't happen.
    I'm not saying you are intentionally lying, but you've made a mistake somewhere.

It's exactly half the odds so reckon a mistake is likely eg 50c in stake box would return 362.86 at odds of 725.73

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Very surprised they would restrict someone doing accums.

You don't need to be winning to be restricted. Boyles sent me an e mail (account is down 50 euro following a handful of bets) to tell me I've been restricted and can't avail of fone a bet or any specials.

They say I can still use mobile and their site, try and back something and 1 cent is too big a stake :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Very surprised they would restrict someone doing accums.

You don't need to be winning to be restricted. Boyles sent me an e mail (account is down 50 euro following a handful of bets) to tell me I've been restricted and can't avail of fone a bet or any specials.

They say I can still use mobile and their site, try and back something and 1 cent is too big a stake :rolleyes:

they want you in shop backing virtual ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭paulo6891

You don't get restricted because you are winning a lot of money, you are getting restricted because of the things that you are backing. Whether they win or lose is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

all online bookies can and do restrict. Best to have several and just bet with who is offering best odds. I only use online when I cant get to a shop.
    had a bad experience with PP where they would delay settling bets and when I raised this on PP chat they told me due to huge volumes online the settlements team were delayed. I wanted to place another bet so they advised i deposit more money while waiting on settlement

A few months later I met a girl working for PP and she told me it was most likely due to how quick i had placed bets together, therefore they delay payments hoping you will deposit more cash. On restrictions she said they restrict type of bets more so of people who win most of the time. They can restrict because everyone else restricts also. I really think online gambling stinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

They will restrict if you are consistently beating SP irregardless whether you're actually winning or not with racing a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Yeah there's more than one reason for being restricted, eg
    1. You win (a lot)
    2. You only/mainly back "movers"/horses at early morning prices which later prove to have been well-backed, whether they win or lose
    3. You only/mainly bet (and manage to win) on obscure sports such as cycling. In this case, the bookmaker might actually be using you to effectively set their prices for them, while restricting you so much they can control the damage you do them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

all online bookies can and do restrict.

Wrong there, Pinnacle sports never ban or limit you, also sbobet dont either.

They have max limits ,just not as bas as others. read the TCs and it explains there. NO bookie has no limits ever

read no 10

http://www.pinnaclesports.com/help/betting-rules

Well you can keep betting the limit with them after 30 seconds, the odds will adjust if its the max limit each time.
    I have never heard once of them ever limiting anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I think they said they are going to offer match odds limits of 250k in some World Cup games so effectively no limit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The one thing I'd check before backing with any Internet company is
    their Max Payout & check out reviews beforehand to make sure you would get paid in as much as you can.
    There are too many bookies opening up these days offering all sort of offers and they all may not be able to pay out in the future.
    I'd always ask & check could that bookie continue if they got hit
    with a massive payout?
    Obviously the Bigger and Older ones would be fine, it's more for the new companies.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    The one thing I'd check before backing with any Internet company is
    their Max Payout & check out reviews beforehand to make sure you would get paid in as much as you can.
    There are too many bookies opening up these days offering all sort of offers and they all may not be able to pay out in the future.
    I'd always ask & check could that bookie continue if they got hit
    with a massive payout?
    Obviously the Bigger and Older ones would be fine, it's more for the new companies.

Take a look at where they are registered, pinnicle are somewhere in the carribean i think

Bateman wrote: »
    I think they said they are going to offer match odds limits of 250k in some World Cup games so effectively no limit

Yeah your right, and the world cup final is 1 million.
    On all there major sports the limits are high as in 20,000, and after 30 seconds you can bet the limit again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ok. I've obviously heard of this being done just hasn't happened to me before. That's me done with paddy power now moving to Ladbrokes.

Ladbrokes are more than capable of restricting themselves, so I wouldn't be moving to them on the basis that they're any different to PP.

Look at the max stake I'm allowed here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

They also only offer high grade stuff that the dog in the street can price and dont have the balls to offer racing. They don't have to restrict because they have massively strong asian lines to base their odds on, so know theyre unlikely to be beaten much by price if at all.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    They also only offer high grade stuff that the dog in the street can price and dont have the balls to offer racing. They don't have to restrict because they have massively strong asian lines to base their odds on, so know theyre unlikely to be beaten much by price if at all.

Your right about the asian lines, but i never back soccer because long term you wont win or very few will win should i say.
    I use it for American sports and there live NBA betting.

Advertisement