Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW PC Budget €800

Options
  • 27-01-2014 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,667 ✭✭✭✭

1. What is your budget? Less than €800, but open to go higher if absolutely necessary (to get compatible video card for the monitors etc, or for the SSD price)

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Programming/Web Dev (running SQL Server, etc) + FPS gaming. Think Bioshock Infinite/Skyrim/etc

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I have an old PCI 128 Soundblaster soundcard (approx 8 years old) that *may* work, but I can fit any extra parts myself.

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. N/A

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1024 × 768. I do plan to upgrade to widescreen (1680 x 1050 or more) later.
    I have 2 monitors that both work off VGA (but can attach to video card via DVI adapter).
    It's essential that both monitors can work on the system from the start, but I can upgrade one of the monitors to a newer version if absolutely necessary.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? 250GB SSD / DVD-burner / WiFi card / Universal card reader (to front).
    I have mouse/keyboard that attach via USB.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No, not required at the moment.

8. How can you pay? Credit card/Paypal/Bank transfer

9. When are you purchasing? This month

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I do not need help.

So, generally thinking of the following:

No preference on vid card (but I guess 2GB RAM is best?)
    No preference on CPU/motherboard
    2 TB HDD
    250GB SSD
    8GB RAM
    WiFi card
    DVD-R drive
    Card-reader
    Tower case

Cheers!

Comments

Advertisement