Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wexford Club

• 20-11-2013 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a Kayak club in Wexford?

I was in a club down there about 8 years ago, and had a good laugh, but moved away from the area so lost contact.

I see there is one listed on the ICU website but no contact details, and no activity on their facebook page in years.

Would love to get back in a boat with a view to doing the liffey decent next year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ruth_wex

Hey! Did you ever find out about a Wexford Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sidewayslarry

ruth_wex wrote: »
    Hey! Did you ever find out about a Wexford Club?

No haven't heard a bean unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

There used to be one called barrow valley canoe club around leighlinbridge but I'm not sure if they are still active.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/124987154205997/?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Titch1955

There is a kayak club in Wexford town. During the colder months we train in the pool at Whitford House Hotel on Saturday evenings and during the summer at various places near Wexford. Contact Declan Geoghan on facebook for more information.
    In June 2014 we are attempting to break the world record for the most canoes/kayaks rafted, currently at close to 2000 and we would be delighted to get as many as possible to participate. This is a fundraising event for The Irish Cancer Society so there is a registration fee of €5.

Advertisement