Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Portadown

Options
  • 18-01-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I'll be starting a new job in Portadown next month. I'll be moving up from Tipp. Just looking for some advice on what areas would be good to live in. I drive so I don't mind a bit of a commute. I would be looking for a house share preferably. I been searching on-line and I've not found much options. Any info or advice would be much appreciated as I have no idea.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Are you willing to commute a bit? Portadown has a reputation with some. As towns in NI go it would be hard to deny that it has very particular sectarian problems in some areas.

(In my opinion) a lot of housing round Craigavon isnt great and you need to be careful where you're looking given your background. Lurgan is a bit of a kip.

Moira is comfortably commutable by car (15-20 mins), and would be quite mixed and generally have a bit more of a cosmopolitan feel, for being a small town. The type of housing also includes a lot of townhouse developments etc that suit young prof commuters to Belfast, so theres likely to be a bit more turnover in terms of available houseshares.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement