Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season bet

• 31-12-2013 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Did a bet a while ago when arguing about where I think Man United will finish this season, put my money where my mouth was, mentioned it and put up the screenshot in the United thread in the soccer forum and have been thinking Id like to have a place to track the odds shifting (with the firm I have the bet with) and maybe to jot down my thoughts on the bet throughout the rest of the season. So yeah, that's basically what this is, a bet blog. Just the one bet in play and not much to talk about really!

kEjUYGR.png

As you can see, the bet was done in the middle of august when we were going through a very rough patch and people were constantly writing the team off, hence the argument, hence the bet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The current odds with Bwin on the bet right now is 1.90 so a half point move so far, in the right direction thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Are you planning to lay this off at some point or just wanting to make sure that from a bookies' point of view you're going in the right direction?

I actually backed United @ 15.5 yesterday with a view to lay off at 7.2. They were 23.0 on 20/12 and I was predicting them to take all twelve points over Xmas period so I am feeling a bit silly for not backing them then as a win over Spurs today will probably drop them closer to 12.0 at which point I could have laid for free roll. Bad gambling on my part but I think I can pull some value from this. Plus I have City to win title in a treble and the thought of cheering them on as a United fan bothered me :mad:

EDIT: I see your bet is currently priced at 11/10. With United only three points outside the top four I may have a go at that. Thanks for highlighting this for me. Have ton of bets on today so will see how they work out before going in.

Will update this at some stage later or tomorrow possibly

Finally getting around to updating this

Ok, the form has continued the same way more or less which is a slight concern but still pretty confident in this coming in, they won 5 of the last 7 Premier League games, and its important the team wins the next 3 heading into the Arsenal game

Rooney and VP are both close to returning which will be a timely boost, could save the season in fact! Just keeping them fit will be a huge part of getting the top four. For whatever reason its not looking as likely that players will be signed in January even though I think a couple would really boost the team and give everyone a lift but this squad is more then good enough as is.

Liverpool slipped up but salvaged a point which isnt great, Spurs kept doing what they have been doing in beating the weak teams, they will fall down in the bigger games and Everton will hopefully run out of steam soon, they have impressed though it must be said with their consistency

They are now best priced 10/3 for a top four finish and I am strongly considering going in again, if it touches 4/1 at some stage before the next game I will be all over it.

Just think its too big a price............................to hell with it!

Another 50 staked at 100/30 to return 216.67

Total staked 153.07

Total potential return 465.67

Aside from our own result its been a decent weekend for the bet in reality, both Liverpool and Everton dropped points to weak opposition, both were lucky to get draws from what I saw too which is positive in that hopefully the purple patch is coming to an end or the blip is arriving, whatever way you want to put it.

Already plenty of firms have trimmed United again to 5/2 and 9/4, Ladbrokes still going 10/3

Cant believe the value they are offering, imo of course.

• Advertisement

Since the odds are likely to be trimmed again in the coming days and weeks hopefully with the rivals having tough games and United have easier games on paper I am backing it again while it is still 11/4 on bet365 as I have a spare 33.87 in the account

FlUGio2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

No idea why I'm not backing this myself....good luck!

Collie D wrote: »
    No idea why I'm not backing this myself....good luck!

Too much sense :)

If Mata does come on board that is obviously going to be a huge boost too which is what the squad has been crying out for

Fingers crossed

Advertisement