Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

25 Reasons Norway Is The Greatest Place On Earth

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's on my bucket list for the whitewater kayaking alone. Id put up with the price of a pint for a few weeks!

14_kayak_bomb_flow.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Sorry about switching the conversation to their sexy next door neighbours the Swedes,but I do remember going to a wedding outside Sundsvall in 2012 and pretty much all of the booze they had was either home brewed or imported from Germany/Poland.Seems to be more of a cultural thing-in the North it is more common to brew and distill your own and in the South they go to pubs more.
    I know a few lads that have lived in both North and South and they say that the pub Life in the North is drab and nearly non-existant compared to the South,all eagerly await to be called back to work in sthlm.

Systembolaget can be a bit of a pain in the ass,but it seems it allows them to massage the figures and make up some spiel about saving people from the evils of alcohol in a more unregulated market,it ignores the amount(in hectolitres and lost Revenue) that goes under the radar.

Back to Norway, there is the possibility of working there this year and I am more than a little curious,se what the Queen bee says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

ush wrote: »
    Consumption would increase. It would be cheaper to buy. People would buy more. People would drink more. You only have to compare to other European countries. The bill for policing and health services increases. Which is the point of having high taxes and controls on access.

All comparable countries have cross border smuggling of alcohol. Norway is expensive to begin with. So smuggling would exist anyway. I think you're overstating the case of moonshine though. Smuggling has taken its place.

Norway have the highest tax in the world on alcohol but not the lowest consumption,get the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They do things differently in Norway :D

1526693_10152175067978856_376134956_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Is that just a typo, or does 'ass' mean something in Norwegian?

Can you imagine looking in the mirror while putting this type of gel on? Get a good mental image of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Lucena wrote: »
    Is that just a typo, or does 'ass' mean something in Norwegian?

Can you imagine looking in the mirror while putting this type of gel on? Get a good mental image of it!

'Ass.' is an abbreviation of 'Assortert(e)', which would probably translate to 'miscellaneous' in English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

^^^^^^^^

That's not entirely true,Lucena, the "Ass-Mullet" is one of the hottest Scandinavian fashion trends at the moment.It looks really cool in hotpants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

crockholm wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^

ThaIt looks really cool in hotpants.

Ok,so now i have to buy hotpants too,lol:D:D

Advertisement