Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'd like to put out a favour to the good folk of the forum, and if anyone could oblige I'd be most grateful.

#9679 AT-ST/Endor planet set is €2.99 and seems to be available in a couple of Smyths stores around the country, but unfortunately none near me. If anyone came across one and was willing to pick it up and post, I would be most grateful. Would obviously reimburse and would also be indebted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

I'd like to put out a favour to the good folk of the forum, and if anyone could oblige I'd be most grateful.

#9679 AT-ST/Endor planet set is €2.99 and seems to be available in a couple of Smyths stores around the country, but unfortunately none near me. If anyone came across one and was willing to pick it up and post, I would be most grateful. Would obviously reimburse and would also be indebted :)

I just checked my store in Waterford and unfortunately they too are out if stock...sorry

No worries, thanks anyway :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Are there any stores in Dublin with it?

sullivlo wrote: »
    Are there any stores in Dublin with it?

Jervis Street branch does. Also Fonthill, Swords, and Carrickmines but they are marked as low stock.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I will try get to Jervis Street.

Brilliant, thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So it only now, but looks like out of stock now. :( I was hunting this set for ages to drop in price so I can buy bulk of them for parts. :(

Technic 9394 Plane 19.99eu
    http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-Jet-Plane-9394-!116638-prd.aspx

Technic Quad Bike 9.99eu
    http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-Quad-Bike-9392-!116658-prd.aspx

Maybe it will reapear again at some stage. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭jrby

just bought the plane in smyths carrickmines, about three left.

new stock being packed now....

jrby wrote: »
    just bought the plane in smyths carrickmines, about three left.

new stock being packed now....

No stock in online shop and no stock in Cork. :(

I sow discount on my phone, then went to pc and droped 3 of those planes in to basket and got that damn message "out of stock" :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

pikaia wrote: »
    Council of Elrond is a terrible set, the play feature is rubbish and the only thing that is any good are arches which can be only found with this set. It not even a proper scene from the movie... All that been said, I do love The Lord of rings sets.

I would love to know where you got an Orc forge for €20, I would have bought 5 :-)

Ditto. I got it recently reduced to €47, though given that it's out of print that was acceptable. €20 seems almost too good to be true.

Just saw that Helm's Deep has become out of print since the new year, which means online prices for it are going to skyrocket, which is really unfortunate as nowhere seems to have in a brick and mortar shop.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Ditto. I got it recently reduced to €47, though given that it's out of print that was acceptable. €20 seems almost too good to be true.

Just saw that Helm's Deep has become out of print since the new year, which means online prices for it are going to skyrocket, which is really unfortunate as nowhere seems to have in a brick and mortar shop.

I think I sow one in that Hobby shop in Cork last time I was there. It was ages ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭saucyjack

City Starter 60023 with 4 minifigs for €6.97 in boots online (min spend of €50 for free collection though).

http://www.boots.ie/en/LEGO-City-Starter-Set-60023_1357241/

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭builder22

saucyjack wrote: »
    City Starter 60023 with 4 minifigs for €6.97 in boots online (min spend of €50 for free collection though).

http://www.boots.ie/en/LEGO-City-Starter-Set-60023_1357241/

All sold out according to the website. Great value though.

builder22 wrote: »
    All sold out according to the website. Great value though.

I bought 3 of those sets when they were 7eu in Tesco. Left one unopened. Good value for that price.

#9516 Jabba's Palace down to €79.99 in Smyths.

#9516 Jabba's Palace down to €79.99 in Smyths.

Thanks for that. Appears to be an in store only offer. I checked a few locations and it was not available. Smyths appear to have some other sets reduced too but again they are mostly in store only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

I picked up the tractor for 9.99....last one on the shelf!.....sometimes the website isint accurate and if you go in store you might get lucky!

http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-Tractor-9393-!124236-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=919c42eb-953c-4f46-b4e0-da77d176aba4

So it only now, but looks like out of stock now. :( I was hunting this set for ages to drop in price so I can buy bulk of them for parts. :(

Technic 9394 Plane 19.99eu
    http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-Jet-Plane-9394-!116638-prd.aspx

Technic Quad Bike 9.99eu
    http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-Quad-Bike-9392-!116658-prd.aspx

Maybe it will reapear again at some stage. :(

:( same here.....no stock, buy i did get the tractor for a tenner....well chuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

jenjenten wrote: »
    I picked up the tractor for 9.99....last one on the shelf!.....sometimes the website isint accurate and if you go in store you might get lucky!

http://www.toys.ie/LEGO-Technic-Tractor-9393-!124236-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=919c42eb-953c-4f46-b4e0-da77d176aba4

Just checked in Naas on the way home, none of the discounted sets :(

Paddy

• Advertisement

I think I sow one in that Hobby shop in Cork last time I was there. It was ages ago though.

Which shop is it? Not Other Realms surely? I'll check it out all the same. Thanks.

Also since this is the bargain thread, Smyths on Childer's Road in Limerick have both the Death Star and Super Star Destroyer reduced, only one copy of each, as the packaging on each got damaged. If you don't care about the box being badly beat up, might be worth checking out for some.

Which shop is it? Not Other Realms surely? I'll check it out all the same. Thanks.

Also since this is the bargain thread, Smyths on Childer's Road in Limerick have both the Death Star and Super Star Destroyer reduced, only one copy of each, as the packaging on each got damaged. If you don't care about the box being badly beat up, might be worth checking out for some.

The one in Douglas. "Art and Hobby" was it called? I am pretty sure you can give them a buzz and find out if they still got it in stock.

How much was the SSD?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I saw two of these (at least) in childers road today, but they were marked as 11.99.

The one in Douglas. "Art and Hobby" was it called? I am pretty sure you can give them a buzz and find out if they still got it in stock.

Awesome thank mate.
    How much was the SSD?

I didn't get a good look at the specific price, only really saw that it was a sale sticker. I think it was in the three hundreds though.

Will check when I'm in there next for you.

Awesome thank mate.

I didn't get a good look at the specific price, only really saw that it was a sale sticker. I think it was in the three hundreds though.

Will check when I'm in there next for you.

Hi there, my wife was in there today but they said there were no reductions on either of those. They didn't have much to tempt one. But she did manage to pick up a couple of the lego movie mini figs. In the flesh (so to speak) they are pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭HorseSea

MarkR wrote: »
    I saw two of these (at least) in childers road today, but they were marked as 11.99.

Yes, not sure that one is reduced, I got 9674 and 9678 at 2.99 but 9679 was full price.

Went to Smyths Tallaght this morning as reduced Jabbas Hut showing as low stock - it was very low there were none, that was the only shop in Dublin showing stock, so I guessed I missed.

All movie sets and new star wars sets were out, movie minifigs were available but were under the cash desks!! First one one opened was Abe Lincoln.

Nothing else much interested, picked up one Chima 70203 reduced to €4.99 and one 9678 reduced to €2.99, there are a few of that one left.

Went to Smyths in Fonthill next, more LEGO in stock there but no bargains, no Lego Movies and no minifigures. New Star Wars was out though.

I was in Smyths....they have all the new Technic sets bar the big cargo plane, no bargins as all the price are equal but mostly higher then the lego website. Probably best to buy direct, and you get VIP points which count toward cash rewards.

• Advertisement

jenjenten wrote: »
    I was in Smyths....they have all the new Technic sets bar the big cargo plane, no bargins as all the price are equal but mostly higher then the lego website. Probably best to buy direct, and you get VIP points which count toward cash rewards.
    Which Smyths? Also LEGO VIP points can be used to reduce cost of LEGO, but not cash rewards, but it's a good point. I noticed that all the Movie sets in Smyths were cheaper than Amazon after currency conversion, but only just.

Advertisement