Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pikaia

Damn, no online! :( I would get that ASAP! I am missing only this and Barrel escape.

Is there no smyths in cork that you can run into?

Debenhams.ie have some decent prices on their lego. They also have a reward club which could be very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

pikaia wrote: »

Is there no smyths in cork that you can run into?

When I will include petrol to get to Cork just for set, its value will be as same or higher, then just ordering it on amazon with free delivery. I am not planning on going to cork any time soon too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

was in tesco today and they have some sets half price, none that I wanted but loads of City and Starwars, I was in Clearwater FYI.

the-ging wrote: »
    was in tesco today and they have some sets half price, none that I wanted but loads of City and Starwars, I was in Clearwater FYI.

Good, will need to check my local tesco this week too. There were no good deals for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

All lego (City / SW / CHimera / Ninjago etc) is 50% off in Tesco Balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The Hobbit 79010 Goblin King Battle half price in Argos @ €55.99.

Was never a great fan of the set but for that price I'm tempted.

No 50% sale in my local tesco, though shelf looks really cleaned up... maybe i missed it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

We'll there were bits in coonagh Limerick Monday and when I popped in last night, they were all back up in price.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Star Wars mini craft/planet/minifigs sets for €2.99 (reduced from €11.99) in Smyths Blanchardstown.

I'm not a collector of Star Wars sets but at that price I just had to get a couple. Only a few left.

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Star Wars mini craft/planet/minifigs sets for €2.99 (reduced from €11.99) in Smyths Blanchardstown.

I'm not a collector of Star Wars sets but at that price I just had to get a couple. Only a few left.

Good enough just for minifigs and few parts for mocs. Cant go wrong with that.

Hopefully I will get away to town tomorrow for some Lego bargains. No sign of Tescos selling out old stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Hoofball

Tesco seems to have reduced the Back to the Future set to €20. I found one in Tesco in Douglas (Cork) today, not sure if it's in every store.

Hoofball wrote: »
    Tesco seems to have reduced the Back to the Future set to €20. I found one in Tesco in Douglas (Cork) today, not sure if it's in every store.

For that price I would pick up one... Nothing in my local Tesco though. Lego shelf dramatically shrank in the last few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

Were there many there or just the one? Will drop down in the morning to pick one up at that price.

Were there many there or just the one? Will drop down in the morning to pick one up at that price.

Sorry, wasn't online until now. There was only one there. For that price I would have bought a few of them :)

Thanks for the heads up on the DeLorean, managed to find one that was well hidden, whether accidentally or by design I'm not sure. I was about to give up and head away having scoured the place, so reckon I snagged the last one if it saves somebody a trip.

Sorry, wasn't online until now. There was only one there. For that price I would have bought a few of them :)

No worries. I took a run down this morning just in case, and cursed your luck when I found none there :D

It might be worthwhile to have a look downstairs as well in Tesco in Douglas. I found the set I got in the bargain aisle downstairs in the supermarket section - not in the toys section upstairs. As Necronomicon says they can be hidden, the one I got was stashed in behind a bunch of other stuff on the shelf.

Yep, I checked downstairs as well as upstairs - I had a good root around in the 'Seasonal' section where they have all the yellow stickered stuff. Everything from cameras to Mike the Knight toys, but no LEGO. Might just have to console myself by buying something from my wishlist from elsewhere...! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭emo72

anyone know where i can get the vw van? the one for about 100 euro?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

emo72 wrote: »
    anyone know where i can get the vw van? the one for about 100 euro?

The Lego website has it. I don't know the price.

Council of Elrond (79006) coming in at €26.10 with discount code 3PMQU, bringing it just under Amazon's price. Free delivery from Littlewoods.

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/lego-lord-of-the-rings-the-council-of-elrond/1301867414.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f4294938669%2fr%2f100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

That Council of Elrond set looks very small for a set that costs €26, let alone the €40 that it was at full price. It looks no bigger or more advanced than some of the small Ninjago sets that cost around €15. Am I missing something with it? Is it expensive because it's the only set that features Elrond and Arwen?

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    That Council of Elrond set looks very small for a set that costs €26, let alone the €40 that it was at full price. It looks no bigger or more advanced than some of the small Ninjago sets that cost around €15. Am I missing something with it? Is it expensive because it's the only set that features Elrond and Arwen?

Licensed set + exclusive minifigs = $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

I think it's expensive because it's LOTR and LEGO knows people will pay for the sets,they have to pay for the licence etc but I don't think it justifies the price

This:
    Licensed set + exclusive minifigs = $$$

And most definitely this (and I say this as a massive LOTR fan):
    p_o_s_t_y wrote: »
    I think it's expensive because it's LOTR and LEGO knows people will pay for the sets,they have to pay for the licence etc but I don't think it justifies the price

I've yet to see a licensed set that I'd consider good value (speculating on what the Simpsons house will cost will be mildly entertaining) but hey, someone might be looking for it.

This:

And most definitely this (and I say this as a massive LOTR fan):

I've yet to see a licensed set that I'd consider good value (speculating on what the Simpsons house will cost will be mildly entertaining) but hey, someone might be looking for it.

Tower of Orthanc or Helms Deep pretty good value I guess. Maybe not as good as 42009, but it is a Technic set with lots of Pins as parts.

I do agree though on smaller Licensed sets. Value is bad. I dont think I will be getting any of the new Hobbit sets at all. I dont really care about Minifigs and the builds themselves are pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Helms deep is well worth it. I picked up the orc forge and orc army on specials for20e each and they are great.

Helms deep is well worth it

A friend of mine managed to get hold of that for about €60 on offer in Toys R Us in Canada late last year. (Obviously she was downgraded from 'very good friend' since she didn't pick up two.) I have to agree, it's a gorgeous set, and really well thought out.

• Advertisement

Council of Elrond is a terrible set, the play feature is rubbish and the only thing that is any good are arches which can be only found with this set. It not even a proper scene from the movie... All that been said, I do love The Lord of rings sets.
    I picked up the orc forge and orc army on specials for20e each and they are great.

I would love to know where you got an Orc forge for €20, I would have bought 5 :-)

Advertisement