Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power related question. HELP!!!

Options
  • 17-01-2014 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All.

I recently placed a couple of football bets on my paddy power app. As I went back in to view results etc one of them was a winner. The winnings came through and I withdrew them straight away. Now I am aware it takes a few working days to hit the bank but I noticed this in my account (see attached photo), it says unsettled bets. Have paddy power taken back my winnings? The bet did lose after all but I withdrew the "winnings" before all this. Just want to know will I get my money or what happens?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mr Burgess

No, you wont be getting paid out on betting losses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

you will get the money. but if you want to use the account again you will have to get rid of the negative balance by depositing. they will probably send you an email about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

This happened me a few months back with 326euro , I'd withdrawn the money and a couple of mins later the bet was changed a loss and the account went to -326, a few days later the money went into my back account so i emailed them and they said they would honour the bet . once its in your account they have no legal powers to get the money back as its a bookmaker .

Enjoy your winnings ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

once its in your account they have no legal powers to get the money back as
    its a bookmaker .

Once money is transferred into your account (whether by accident or not),
    the only person who can move the money back out is the account holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

The top line titled CBALS looks to me like they've written it off and put you back to a zero balance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

Collie D wrote: »
    The top line titled CBALS looks to me like they've written it off and put you back to a zero balance

i didnt spot that. you are right thats exactly what theyve done. had this done to myself once. they called it a goodwill gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stillwater11

Collie D wrote: »

Hi,

Something similar happened me over the past weekend,had a 4 team acca which came in even though one of the teams won in extra time. Withdrew the money straight away and noticed a few hours later that they had placed a negative balance in my account, when I approached them about this they said they had cancelled the withdrawal. Do I have any case for the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Hi,

Something similar happened me over the past weekend,had a 4 team acca which came in even though one of the teams won in extra time. Withdrew the money straight away and noticed a few hours later that they had placed a negative balance in my account, when I approached them about this they said they had cancelled the withdrawal. Do I have any case for the money?

You want to get paid out on a bet that is a loser?
    I presume they cancelled the withdrawal due to a leg of the bet being a loser so not sure you have any reason to expect payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stillwater11

okidoki987 wrote: »
    You want to get paid out on a bet that is a loser?
    I presume they cancelled the withdrawal due to a leg of the bet being a loser so not sure you have any reason to expect payment?

Yes but at the time I had believed it to be a winner,it was only upon checking the scores later that evening that one of the teams had indeed won,but needed extra time to do so. Having read some of the stories above I had hoped that I may have had some hope of getting the cash based on my account being credited with the win initially

Advertisement