Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ralph Lauren extra 40% off 50% sale

Options
  • 16-01-2014 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Until Tue 21 Jan, enter the MSE Blagged code RLFF14 online at Ralph Lauren* to get an EXTRA 40% off all items in the already up to 50% off sale. It includes men's, women's, and children's clothes and shoes. Delivery's £4.95. I tried this on a shirt and it works. Not for me but there are women's and kids gear also. http://www.ralphlauren.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

Thanks OP

Picked up a few bits there at a great discount.

Only ship to UK addresses so have used parcel motel

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I see why they are discounted so much...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 billyoshea

lotmc wrote: »
    Thanks OP

Pardon my ignorance but could you explain to me how I go about this?? ta

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cgeaney

Worked for me and a good bargain find.

cgeaney wrote: »
    Worked for me and a good bargain find.

How did you get them delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Thanks OP

billyoshea wrote: »
    How did you get them delivered.

Read the thread and stop being so lazy it's only one Page!!

Read the thread and stop being so lazy it's only one Page!!

Are you stupid or something im asking how this service works,I've never heard of parcel motel :rolleyes: good lad though very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Are you stupid or something im asking how this service works,I've never heard of parcel motel :rolleyes: good lad though very helpful.

Smart enough to Google something when I don't know how it works anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

Pardon my ignorance but could you explain to me how I go about this?? ta

Have a look at Parcelmotel.com - they explain it better than I can

It is a service whereby you can provide an address in Northern Ireland as YOUR address, as the NÍ address contains a code that is unique to you.

The actual NÍ premises that the goods get delivered to is a freight service, who accept the parcel containing your goods, on your behalf. They then bring the parcel from NÍ to the Republic of Ireland, and place the parcel in one of their collection locker depots, and you go along with a code and collect it. The collection locker depots are located in all significant population centres in the ROI.

For standard size parcels you get charged €3.50 by parcel.motel for this service, although I think they were offering to deliver your first 2 parcels for free.

It is a very simple system.

It is a service whereby you can provide an address in Northern Ireland as YOUR address, as the NÍ address contains a code that is unique to you.

The actual NÍ premises that the goods get delivered to is a freight service, who accept the parcel containing your goods, on your behalf. They then bring the parcel from NÍ to the Republic of Ireland, and place the parcel in one of their collection locker depots, and you go along with a code and collect it. The collection locker depots are located in all significant population centres in the ROI.

For standard size parcels you get charged €3.50 by parcel.motel for this service, although I think they were offering to deliver your first 2 parcels for free.

Perfect thanks for that,I'll sign up now and try it,saves me going to Kildare for Ralph Lauren or paying full price in Brown Thomas :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Ludikrus

Great alert. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭lau1247

anybody getting the feeling the prices before sales were artificially jacked up??

Take this for example: http://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=15595431&cp=4320611.4906311&ab=int_1222_sale_m_lp_IntarsiaShawl-CollarSweater

540 Pound for a wool sweater?? Granted it is hand knit but still seem a bit steep.. maybe i'm just out of touch with market value for luxury items

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

lau1247 wrote: »
    anybody getting the feeling the prices before sales were artificially jacked up??

Take this for example: http://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=15595431&cp=4320611.4906311&ab=int_1222_sale_m_lp_IntarsiaShawl-CollarSweater

540 Pound for a wool sweater?? Granted it is hand knit but still seem a bit steep.. maybe i'm just out of touch with market value for luxury items

yikes :eek: Even at the sale price it's way too dear IMO! I'd want Jenny Lauren to be knitting my stuff for that price!

Amazon are unreal for artificial price jacking on the pre-sale price, some of their Seiko 5 Watches claim to be £250 before the sale but are now £45. Not a chance.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

They aren't jacked up, all RRL stuff is often 4 or 5 times the the price of normal Ralph Lauren stuff, similar to purple label etc.

http://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/family/index.jsp?categoryId=7830601&size=99&cp=4455901.5101441.7830601&ab=ln_staticbackup_apparel_outerwear

• Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭dodzy

No, they don't. Sterling job there, lotmc ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the stuff is clearly the tripe they couldnt even shift in outlets... I am surprised people are buying the stuff... the leather good are the only thing half acceptable, but jesus they are jacked up to some silly prices and yet people see the percentage discount and think they are getting a bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Patrickheg

the stuff is clearly the tripe they couldnt even shift in outlets... I am surprised people are buying the stuff... the leather good are the only thing half acceptable, but jesus they are jacked up to some silly prices and yet people see the percentage discount and think they are getting a bargain

Your original snide comment was ignored so get the message. If this thread is not for you move along....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Have a look at the stuff in the US sale. The price differences can't be explained by VAT and Customs. We're getting robbed. I order from the US site for delivery to Australia when I am visiting Australia. VAT/GST free up to $1000.

I just did a quick check on the following product:
    http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21685466&prodFindSrc=cart&sProdEvar=Shopping+Bag
    http://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=14996821&prodFindSrc=cart

Over double the price after customs and VAT.

These guys will forward from the US for you if you want to buy there:
    hopshopgo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Very expensive clothing, the prices of some of the shoes. Well I'd like my job.
    tumblr_mgythqR1sF1r74xx1o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

ballooba wrote: »
    Have a look at the stuff in the US sale. The price differences can't be explained by VAT and Customs. We're getting robbed. I order from the US site for delivery to Australia when I am visiting Australia. VAT/GST free up to $1000.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21685466&prodFindSrc=cart&sProdEvar=Shopping+Bag
    http://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=14996821&prodFindSrc=cart

hopshopgo.com
    Have you used them before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

hopshopgo.com
    Wow. That's a crazy amount of a difference there!

Made an order last night,got an email with a order number but cant track it and no money came out of the account,do they wait till shipping to take payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

PinkFly wrote: »
    Have you used them before?

Maybe it should go in a new thread re: hopshopgo?
    I'd be interested to know more. Can you setup an address in any state, eg one that has no sales tax?
    It seems they are part of comgateway, who are based in Oregon, a tax-free state. Maybe someone can confirm hopshopgo is the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

thanks op. I think! some good prices but the credit card is on fire...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BeautyQueen20

Great post. Thank you.
    Might not be able to compete with US prices but some lovely bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Maybe it should go in a new thread re: hopshopgo?
    I'd be interested to know more. Can you setup an address in any state, eg one that has no sales tax?
    It seems they are part of comgateway, who are based in Oregon, a tax-free state. Maybe someone can confirm hopshopgo is the same?
    Yep. Tax free. Used them in Aus but never to here. They can be slow.

Yep. Tax free. Used them in Aus but never to here. They can be slow.

So who will be the guinea pig to use them here? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

PinkFly wrote: »
    So who will be the guinea pig to use them here? :)

Might give it a lash on a phone.

Let us know how you get on :)

• Advertisement

Anyone who ordered of RL did the money come out of your accounts?? not seeing anything in my order history :confused:

Advertisement