Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for help

• 08-01-2014 2:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi im looking for help as I play airsoft and wear glasses

What would be the best mask/goggles to wear when playing

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I'm in the same situation and at the moment I'm using JT goggles that I took out of one of my older masks. Works perfectly over glasses and there is little to no fogging up. I have bought a new pair of shooting glasses off of AirsoftEire as I way prefer to wear glasses than goggles, these are the ones I bought: http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=216&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1727&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26&vmcchk=1&Itemid=26

I also bought an attachment that clips onto the glasses that can hold prescription lenses and I'm in the process of having them fitted. I should have them by tomorrow or Thursday and will be trying them out on Friday night.

The insert are not yet on the website but you can order them over phone or email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭tedl90

I'm in the same situation and at the moment I'm using JT goggles that I took out of one of my older masks. Works perfectly over glasses and there is little to no fogging up. I have bought a new pair of shooting glasses off of AirsoftEire as I way prefer to wear glasses than goggles, these are the ones I bought: http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=216&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1727&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26&vmcchk=1&Itemid=26

I also bought an attachment that clips onto the glasses that can hold prescription lenses and I'm in the process of having them fitted. I should have them by tomorrow or Thursday and will be trying them out on Friday night.

The insert are not yet on the website but you can order them over phone or email.

Thanks for the info but the site I play at mostly require full eye cover no gaps any help would be grate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

tedl90 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info but the site I play at mostly require full eye cover no gaps any help would be grate

Your looking for Rx inserts they can be fitted to shooting glasses or full seal goggles that allow you to fit prescription lenses to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Not for Adverts.......Moved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

ESS have Rx inserts available for both their glasses & goggles; and they've a decent enough selection of both types of eye-protection to pick from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

If you want to keep wearing your glasses and do it on the cheap, you can use a mesh mask. The issue with goggles is fogging which is exacerbated by the wearing of glassess underneath so a mesh mask can be a good way to go.

Having said that, i used to use Bolle X800 which sort of worked. If you glasses are not too wide at the hinges you may have better luck. They were grand at the start of a session but because it wasn't a perfect fit, they would start to push the glasses into the bridge of the nose and got quite painful after a while

I then swapped to using Bolle X1000 OTG. They are designed to be worn over glasses and I find them great. I did have a small issue with fogging occasionally but that was solved by taking away some mesh that was at the top of the goggles. I have used them outdoors and indoors with no issue. I got them from eHobbyAsia about a year ago for roughly €45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭tedl90

ShRT wrote: »
    If you want to keep wearing your glasses and do it on the cheap, you can use a mesh mask. The issue with goggles is fogging which is exacerbated by the wearing of glassess underneath so a mesh mask can be a good way to go.

Having said that, i used to use Bolle X800 which sort of worked. If you glasses are not too wide at the hinges you may have better luck. They were grand at the start of a session but because it wasn't a perfect fit, they would start to push the glasses into the bridge of the nose and got quite painful after a while

I then swapped to using Bolle X1000 OTG. They are designed to be worn over glasses and I find them great. I did have a small issue with fogging occasionally but that was solved by taking away some mesh that was at the top of the goggles. I have used them outdoors and indoors with no issue. I got them from eHobbyAsia about a year ago for roughly €45.

Thanks very help full ill look in to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Have you looked into getting contact lenses? Saves a lot of hassle. You can buy the dsiposable ones and only use them when you need them so they can last a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

Zen 2nd wrote: »
    Have you looked into getting contact lenses? Saves a lot of hassle. You can buy the dsiposable ones and only use them when you need them so they can last a long time.

I did this.

I got a box of lenses and they have lasted me about 2 yrs and I still have a few left. The only issue I have with them is getting them in and out can be a bit tricky at times as I dont wear them everyday.

Just make sure to take them out when you get home as soon as you can because if you have them in all day your eyes can dry out and makes getting the lenses out very hard and sore.

I have Bolle x800 and a pair of mesh goggles and using contacts allows me to pick and choose as opposed to sticking with one type of goggles for use with glasses.

I did have a lense fall out before but it was fine as I was just leaving at the time but thats another thing to consider if your eyesight is pretty bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Aye, I buy eye drops that I can use with my contact lenses and that keeps your eyes from drying up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I had to start wearing glasses about 2 years into already playing airsoft. Didn't think much of it until one day I just found it hard to spot targets. Got contact lenses about 14 months ago and still have loads left. I use them only for airsoft so they last ages. My advice is just get them, it saves you worrying about what eye pro to get and it's really handy for driving home :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

After getting my lenses back from being installed today. Must say I'm very impressed with the vision, I'll no longer have to wear bulky masks or goggles.

Advertisement