Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numbers Game!

Options
  • 02-01-2014 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Ok, here's a Numbers Game. We'll start with ONE and we'll see how far we'll get.

Rules: The game will iterate through the following process:

1) A person will post an indirect reference to something relevant to the current number. For example, I could post the following:

RE: "... sitting in a cage"

2) People will guess what the reference is to. Eventually somebody will get the correct reference: "Ah! It's the Jethro Tull song 'One Brown Mouse': 'ONE brown mouse, sitting in a cage".

3) The person who posted the original reference confirms that the correct reference was found. "Correct!"

Now it's time for the next number, and the process repeats itself ...

RE: "IT WAS the best of times, it was the worst of times" .... the correct reference is to Charles Dickens' "A Tale of TWO Cities".... etc.

Once the first RE: reference is posted, that is the next one to resolve, any further RE: references are ignored until the answer to the current one is found.

To make this interesting the references should be quite obscure. The examples I gave are WAY too easy to google :D

Ok. So let's start. The first number is, of course, ONE.

RE: Less than fifty years ago we went, but we haven't been back for over 40 years.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I'm guessing it's a reference to our ONE major satellite, the Moon...

If I'm correct...
    Er.. are we still on One? In which case (Re:) "I can't tell if this true or a dream"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

Hi komodosp

You're definitely on the right track. In fact you're incredibly close. Don't stray away from the Moon while you think about it....

Once the correct answer is found, we move on to TWO. Until then, you need to keep trying to figure out my first clue :-)

Advertisement