Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Spots For Nosh/Grub/Nose-bag

Options
  • 26-03-2003 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Chippers:
    McDonaghs Fish&Chips
    Quay St.
    Excellent grub :)

The Kebab House
    Lwr. Dominic St. (near Róisín Dubh)
    Quarter pounder bacon & cheese = savage

Monroe's Pizza
    Lwr. Dominic St. (Beside Monroe's pub)
    A must if you're along that street or in that pub. You can get a pizza with your pint too :)

Fat Freddies
    Quay St.
    pizza/tex-mex restaurant, laid back, nice.

Cactus Jacks
    Down the lane way to the left of The Quays pub, Quay St.
    Proper tex-mex restaurant, v. nice, good food, decent pricing for what you get (service & food wise)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I thought fat freddies was gone?

You must be pretty hungry to have to go to the Kebab House. That place has been closed down a few times... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Scotties American Restaurant

Glasan,
    Up beside GMIT.

Good grubb0r there too.. i love the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by [-=RaVeN=-]
    I thought fat freddies was gone?

You must be pretty hungry to have to go to the Kebab House. That place has been closed down a few times... :)

Generally whenever we're eating there we've got so much alcohol in our stomachs, any protozoa alive int eh food won't be for long :)

And for teh 1 in 50 times you might get food poisoning out of it, I'd still much rather eat there then supermacs/burgerking/macdonalds tbh.

Chips & Kebab meat = teh nyom

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

You must be pretty hungry to have to go to the Kebab House. That place has been closed down a few times...

That was the old Kebab House, which has been gone for about 3 years. To the best of my knowledge, under its current management it has yet to run afoul of the powers that be.

For decent, cheapish Italian food go to Buon Appetito on Abbeygate St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Delight on Abbeygate's Street does the best Milkshakes in town...

Will cost you €3 a pop though

• Advertisement

got a Quarter pounder, Smokie Bacon + cheese chips and a can of coke last night in The Snackbox.
    Bloody gorgeous.
    tis down at the bottom of shop street, across from Anthony Ryans clothes dispensary.

Yeah Snack Box is nice. Was a bit of a kip when it started but i think its ok now.

Kip?

OOooohhhh, well lah-dee-dah Mr. Frenchman!

Spose you have your 11oz steak hand-delivered on a pair of Ann Doyles knickers from Cré na Cille too.....

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

ROFL oh and the Kebab House, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Meh dad's place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Yesh, the Snackbox is a good spot for a bit of greasy food,
    i would recommend the steak roll, filled to the fuking brim.
    gorgeous.
    also the curry cheese chips are spot on.

Anotonios pizza is is good, theres one over in salthill i think near seapoint leisure centre.

always liked fat freddies, but i havnt been there in a long while...
    they make a good pizza too, very thin base tho...

For Indian food id recommend Tulsi its down a narrow street beside a church at the back of The kings head.
    also The Kashmir, its near Jurys, dont know the street name.

For a good roll and a coffee the left bank cafe is good, down dominick street.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    ROFL oh and the Kebab House, that is all.

Any chance someone could post me over a 4oz Bacon and Cheese with lettuce, onions and burger sauce? Nothing else hits the spot like that when you've had a few.

And this godforsaken country has never heard of curry cheese chips...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭patch

I always swear by couch potatas, just down past cp's.
    A decent meal for about 7.50.

snackbox is recently under new Italian ownership.........

Oh, and for brekkie, spud murphys just up from monroes.
    grtting a bit greasy in their lately though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭irishgeo

have to say that salt n pepper in salthill is nice as well as scotties beside gmit and finally marios down in the middle of the new housing estate across from merlin park hospital.

Yeah Salt & Pepper was done up a while ago and there food has changes aswell. The new chips are nyom :)

Originally posted by irishgeo
    have to say that salt n pepper in salthill is nice as well as scotties beside gmit and finally marios down in the middle of the new housing estate across from merlin park hospital.

The guy who owns Marios is the guy who recently bought the Snackbox:ninja:

Originally posted by irishgeo

S&P's is still a long ould walk from the Anno. McDonalds would be nearer....*shudder*

Originally posted by Robbo
    S&P's is still a long ould walk from the Anno. McDonalds would be nearer....*shudder*

havent been sin salt n pepper since it was done up. trying to get off the fast food lately.

the worst place to eat has to be the canteen in GMIT. i dont know how the pass it off as food. The soup is terrible. The only thing i can bring myself to buy is sandwiches and some chips.

Ha Ha!! I used to cook that food....... it's all cooked by first year chefs, you should only eat it towards the end of the year, once they start to get half-decent at it ;)

bet you have got some horror stories.

• Advertisement

I has..... but that was ten years ago, I've blocked out most of them!!
    However, to satisfy your curiosity, I shall mention my mate Eric.
    Whilst working in a very high profile hotel in galway city......

Tea and coffee is served in large flask type things, for tour groups etc. eric had a great dislike for american tour groups especially.
    So he pissed into one of the flasks prior to filling it with coffee......... and then served it. :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Originally posted by SyxPak

Spose you have your 11oz steak hand-delivered on a pair of Ann Doyles knickers from Cré na Cille too.....

;)

need a bigger steak to fill dem nickas.........:D

Yeah, she has plenty of ass, aswell as being a fox.

Salt 'n pepper is a staple for me at GalwayLANs, though last time I think we got a cab down to the Kebab house and brought the grub back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Salt 'n pepper is a staple for me at GalwayLANs, though last time I think we got a cab down to the Kebab house and brought the grub back up.

Boards.ie Galway Beers included :D

whens the next galway beer

Dunno tbh, there's a boards beer up in dublin on the 31st (saturday week - today being thursday).

I think there's quite a few Galway-Mayo-Roscommon heads going up to it.

For any sort of piss-up, keep an eye on the Boards Events forum (under "Admin").
    if there's something worth going to it'll be posted there.

cant make dublin for various reasons as much as i would love to go.

There's a Galway beer this friday (30th July) in the Blue Note, Dominic St. (near Monroe's/Massimos/Stranos) from about 8:30/9pm ish.

checkout Know Your Nerds sticky thread at the top of the After hours forum for pics of a few of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

July?

Anyway. Spud Murphy's does nice fryups. Its Full Monty breakfast is the only reason I'm alive after the Sin Boards BBBBQ. The sausages are truly divine.

If you have the money and are really hungry, try Couch Potatas. I say really hungry because you get an awful lot of spud on yer plate. Mmm, baked spud with sliced sausage and baked bean filling...:D

I must also applaud Delight's muffins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement