Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi/Lidl 4 bird Roast

Options
  • 21-12-2013 12:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭

Thinking of trying one instead of turkey. Anyone tried one ? I will have the the ham and veg, just want to replace the turkey. Maybe Goose ? Love all the rest except turkey:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Got a 3 bird roast made one year, it was beautiful the first day but not great after. Going for ham and corn beef this year as sick of Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Tried a lidl three bird roast last year (not Christmas just one Sunday). I did not like it. Meat seemed heavily processed (I would guess it was "formed") and the stuffing was AWFUL. If you really want something different go for a goose. Goose is like the brown meat on a turkey. But be aware that there is not as much meat on a goose as a turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

A disaster for me, it didn't slice at all well and went into a sort of 4 bird mix, wasn't well defined. It came with a glaze that was rotten. Avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I'll echo other posters here and advise you avoid, we had one in our house and it was a bit of a disaster. It didn't slice well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i would recommend pheasant, had lidl pheasant last week and it was lovely

2 of them should easily feed 4

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭finix

Might try a goose then, Thanks for replys all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

finix wrote: »
    Thinking of trying one instead of turkey. Anyone tried one ? I will have the the ham and veg, just want to replace the turkey. Maybe Goose ? Love all the rest except turkey:confused:
    Eeek. I got one of the four bird roasts in Aldi last week for Christmas day (only cooking for two so plenty in it). Am a bit concerned after reading the posts here, was it truly awful? Paid €13 for it :(

Might pick up a duck tomorrow as a back up just in case.

I was planning on taking the stuffing out of the four bird roast as I am making my own chestnut stuffing and was going to use that in it instead, am I mad? Should I cook a duck another day and stuff that with the chestnut stuffing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Eeek. I got one of the four bird roasts in Aldi last week for Christmas day (only cooking for two so plenty in it). Am a bit concerned after reading the posts here, was it truly awful? Paid €13 for it :(

Might pick up a duck tomorrow as a back up just in case.

I was planning on taking the stuffing out of the four bird roast as I am making my own chestnut stuffing and was going to use that in it instead, am I mad? Should I cook a duck another day and stuff that with the chestnut stuffing?

Get the Duck for Christmas Day. Use the four bird one sometime it won't ruin the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Not keen on them at all. I would rather cook and eat the birds separately.

Advertisement