Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft games in the midlands

Options
  • 08-12-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi all, myself and a few friends have an airsoft club in around Ballinasloe and I would be interested to see how many of ye more regular players would be interested in playing with/against us and maybe even join our club?

Its only a recently founded club made up of a relatively small number of experienced players and we would like to expand the regular players we have at the minute, so im really just pushing the boat out and testing the waters here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

DeFinch89 wrote: »
    Hi all, myself and a few friends have an airsoft club in around Ballinasloe and I would be interested to see how many of ye more regular players would be interested in playing with/against us and maybe even join our club?

Its only a recently founded club made up of a relatively small number of experienced players and we would like to expand the regular players we have at the minute, so im really just pushing the boat out and testing the waters here...
    Where do ye play?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DeFinch89

A forest area a couple of miles outside ballinasloe town but currently in negotiations to secure another interesting location not to far out aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

A forest area a couple of miles outside ballinasloe town but currently in negotiations to secure another interesting location not to far out aswel

Do ye have all the requirements for the site? Insurance and permission etc?

Permission yes, insurance no.
    Instead all players are required to sign off on waiver forms.
    We have responsible experienced players on site and each new player to airsoft is assigned to an experienced player.

We are looking into getting insurance as soon as we can afford the funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

how big is the site? and how many play regularly ?

• Advertisement

its pretty big, plenty of cover with trees, heavy undergrowth, has a fair share of open spaces.

Well there's me and at least 5 others, we make the most of what we have and it can get pretty epic and even with just the few regulars we currently have.

we play all sorts: team deathmatch, capture the flag, hostage, behind enemy lines, etc.
    we often mix it up a bit all the time, change teams and even invent some fresh ideas as we go along.

Noone goes on site without a bare minimum of safety gear and everyone is explained the rules before game starts, but at the end of the day its all about having fun

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Sounds pretty goodm mate, if I'm ever around Galway I'll try to get there

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You said you have permission?
    Property owners permission or other

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Gatling wrote: »
    You said you have permission?
    Property owners permission or other

what he said as;
    *There will be no discussion of skirmishing on land other than approved airsoft/paintball sites. It is extremely stupid and dangerous. People who do this put our whole sport at risk.

*taken from the forum rules

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 St.Valour

Hi,

This sounds wonderful !!!

Questions please:
    - Is there a website/forum?. (If not, and no one will make one, I would be happy to make one with a forum and all that, or I would help pay for a professional)

- Any sort of blog or website?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Live in Moate and am interested

• Registered Users Posts: 8 viffer98

Hi,

Is this club still active?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭p90airsofter

Anyone hear any more about the supposed site coming to mullingar?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭chefwes

Anyone hear any more about the supposed site coming to mullingar?

Hyamate I'm in mullingar and heard nothing about it, I did join up to a FB page for mullingar airsoft and lads were looking at seeing about using the old army barracks but nothing as of yet. Get in touch if ya wanna split a lift to redhills or anything

Advertisement