Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

cantdecide wrote: »
    This is a rhetorical question as I have said all I have to say on the subject:

Would you pay for a pint before the bartender has pulled it?
    Yeah, I see no reason why I wouldn't.

Though I have to ask you, if I didn't pay for it after he pulled it... do you think I'd have much chance of getting away with it, or that it would be difficult for bar/security staff to find me and kick me out? And would you expect to be able to drink the pint before paying for it at a very busy bar?

Actually on that note, I'm quite sure I've been charged before service many times when buying a drink at an outdoor functions, music/comedy festivals etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Grown women who claim they are princesses and demand they are treated that way - seems to be common with some people when planning weddings and things like that.

Drives me mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I have to buy a dress next week:( I hate dresses, hate dress shopping even more. Still, I promised Mr P that I'd wear one at some point over Christmas, *mumble mumble, stupid dresses:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

I couldn't get the lid of my hot water bottle open.

Seriously :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

When somebody's in the horrors but you can't ask them what's wrong or address it in any way because yknow they'll get annoyed at you while screaming "there's nothing wrong!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

When somebody's in the horrors but you can't ask them what's wrong or address it in any way because yknow they'll get annoyed at you while screaming "there's nothing wrong!"

Or they will swing a punch at you, lose their balance, fall over and hit their head on the pavement. Then you will have to spend the next 8 hours in A and E holding their hand, the one they tried to punch you with 8 hours earlier reassuring them they are not going to die, nor do they have a fractured skull but may have to wear a brown paper bag over their head for a few days until the cuts and bruising goes down. Knuckleheads, don't you just love them.

You want to get yourself one of those human 'hot waterbottles', mine is 5 foot 4 inches tall, has blonde hair and has a shoe collection that would give Imelda Marcos an or***m.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Grown women who claim they are princesses and demand they are treated that way - seems to be common with some people when planning weddings and things like that.

Drives me mad!

Anyone who claims to be a princess must be inbred. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

When I get the urge to attempt to get all the
    achievements/trophies in a PS3/Xbox game
    and there's a big chunk of multi-player ones.
    Making it a pain in the arse to get em all.

Edit: And hidden trophies, whats the F*cking point in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I'm a clumsy fcuk at the best of times, but Jesus fcuking christ, "glass" pavements are an absolute curse! :mad:

I mean a pain in the hole, literally, when your walking along and your legs go out from under you all of a sudden. Luckily I've managed the art of falling gracefully and broke my fall with my elbow, and it was just pure damn luck that I hopped off the pavement and bounced back up into an almost standing position!

The expression on the girl's face coming towards me was priceless as it all happened so quickly and I was already walking on as if nothing had happened :pac:

We got a few yards on before the young lad started breaking his hole laughing, and that started me off, the pair of us must have looked like right nut jobs! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

When you lie down for a "nap" and wake up five hours later confused and frothing with hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

When someone comes into your bedroom for a chat and hops up on your bed with their dirty shoes on your nice clean duvet and sheets , take off your dirty shoes if you are hopping up on me nice clean bed!!

Kaiser D wrote: »
    When you lie down for a "nap" and wake up five hours later confused and frothing with hate.

not knowing where you are for the next 30 seconds. It's like um, uh, uh, were the f**k am I...... how did I get here, I don't recognise this place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

not knowing where you are for the next 30 seconds. It's like um, uh, uh, were the f**k am I...... how did I get here, I don't recognise this place.

yes- hate that! Or not being able to sleep on Sunday nights!!! :mad:

The front door key to your house wont work when a) you have been out on the pi$$ all night and get a taxi home, that key will work every other time you try it but for some fookin strange reason it just refuses to go into the keyhole tonight and b) when you have 10 bags of groceries sitting outside the door and it is lashing down like you wouldn't believe it, does the front door key work so you can get inside quickly, does it f*ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

If there's a hole in the lid you can stick the end of a teaspoon in it and twist the spoon. Much easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Bit like this? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

People who create polls on boards and put in that stupid atari option or if it's not there people post asking why it's not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When someone comes into your bedroom for a chat and hops up on your bed with their dirty shoes on your nice clean duvet and sheets , take off your dirty shoes if you are hopping up on me nice clean bed!!

Are you Queen Elizabeth ? did the person jump over the wall of Buckingham Palace?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

This moustache fascination (or moustachination?) that all the cool kids are into. Instagram pics of chicks with fake tashes is too totes-amazeballs for me. It's like some kinds of cute-girl right of passage or something??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

cantdecide wrote: »
    This moustache fascination (or moustachination?) that all the cool kids are into. Instagram pics of chicks with fake tashes is too totes-amazeballs for me. It's like some kinds of cute-girl right of passage or something??

I dunno, the Idea of the movember moustache thing is honest enough, In thoery it's supposed to be raising awareness for men's health conditions. However I do agree that a lot of people don't use it as a fundraising method and are purely just sheeping along for the Lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I dunno, the Idea of the movember moustache thing is honest enough, In thoery it's supposed to be raising awareness for men's health conditions.

Sure. It's a great concept.
    elfy4eva wrote: »
    However I do agree that a lot of people don't use it as a fundraising method and are purely just sheeping along for the Lulz.

Couldn't have put it better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Are you Queen Elizabeth ? did the person jump over the wall of Buckingham Palace?:P

ha ha no, it just a pet hate of mine, i mean when my friends call over and we go to my room for chat or whatever, i hate dirty shoes that were outside walking in shoite resting up on me bed, is that being too demanding :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

deise08 wrote: »
    The pyjamas brigade! Pjs are for the bedroom/house only not for doing the shopping in. When the hell did that become acceptable?

I never really understand why this annoys people quite SO much as it does :confused: I mean yeah obviously it's not usual behaviour, and it wouldn't be nice to be, for example, stuck sitting on a bus beside someone who's wearing what they've been sleeping in for three days but:

a) as far as I understand, for those who have chosen pyjamas as a lifestyle choice they have day ones and sleeping ones so it's not smelly or anything

b) why is just the sheer sight of someone in pyjamas so infuriating? when they're literally doing nothing else that effects the person getting pissed off, they've probably not got bits of them hanging out or anything. I don't know where people get the energy, you see so many people really getting annoyed by it like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

those who have chosen pyjamas as a lifestyle choice, have day ones and sleeping ones

How can you know this?

Gokei wrote: »
    How can you know this?

I saw it on the telly, and I've overheard girls talking about it in Penneys when shopping. Seriously, really having conversations about whether something was more of a day pyjama outfit or a sleeping one. I don't know how wide spread it is, but for at least some people it's a fashion thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

I saw it on the telly, and I've overheard girls talking about it in Penneys when shopping. Seriously, really having conversations about whether something was more of a day pyjama outfit or a sleeping one. I don't know how wide spread it is, but for at least some people it's a fashion thing.

Well, I'm astounded. Not astounded, bemused. I always just thought they were nipping out for milk or something.

Gokei wrote: »
    Well, I'm astounded. Not astounded, bemused. I always just thought they were nipping out for milk or something.

Some of them are, surely we've all us grownups nipped to the shop in pyjamas or skanger pants?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I over heard some one say, and I quote: "O-M-G, totes awkky mo mo!". Was fighting myself not to drive my car into the shop and eliminate that flagrant insult to education before it could reproduce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Grown men with wives and children who still consider themselves 'hard core gamers'.

Grow up gentlemen!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement