Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you put an angel or a star on top of the tree?

• 10-12-2013 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

So guys and girls, now that most of us have our trees up... Angel or Star? ;)

Let the games begin!

I'm an angel myself. :D

Angel or Star on top of the Christmas tree? 104 votes

Angel
    0%
    Star
    35%
    enda1CrowdedHousedelta214Love2loveSmurfXeskimocatCrazyChick18HeroditasAoifumsBurkie94sok2005SCOOP 64DublinproudMiss Lockhartcolincorkold_aussieapplesockCork LassgreenbicycleFowler87 37 votes
    Other
    64%
    ManachScarinaeFunkfieldCombatCowscaryhardCopy[Deleted User]PosytoddunctiousEamo71AlicatAbreanDBIrelandMr VeloDeedsiehognefSouthern DandyJake The Fat MaAgonistcailinardthair 67 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Other
    Star for me! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Star
    Is it bad form to vote on your own poll? Is it akin to liking your own facebook posts? :o

I do love a good star myself, but we've had the winged madam for so long now, I'm loathe to retire her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

snowflake :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭April O Neill II

Other
    Star all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Other
    A star , don't like anything religious in the house , just creeps me out a bit, don't know why .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

No tree here. Trees are 'outside' stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Star
    An angel, because it came in the box of christmas tree decorations I inherited

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Other
    I have this glass snow flake thing that lights up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Angel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I have a lovely big bow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

We have stars on top of both of our trees. I don't like the look of angels.

Star
    I have a lovely big bow.

I like the idea of a snowflake! :D

I forgot my mum puts a big bow on one of our tress, that can work well too :)

Other
    A star , don't like anything religious in the house , just creeps me out a bit, don't know why .

You do know why people put stars on the tree in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We have a star. Well, it's not actually on the tree. Stupid thing wont fit on the tree so it's on the mantelpiece.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭jersman

A mini hurl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Other
    A star on my own tree but the "home" tree has an angel, which is a little creepy and battered looking, but she's an institution at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We used to have an angel on the one in my parents' house until the year the Christmas tree kept falling down and the angel's head fell off and went flying into the fire. Ah Christmas memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Other
    You do know why people put stars on the tree in the first place?

The star leading to Bethlehem ?

I know but a star isn't as religious looking now is it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I put a mushroom on mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

An angel here. Have her years, couldnt part with her now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Other
    A star! It was my granny's, couldn't have anything else up there :)

Star
    I put a mushroom on mine!

No way? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭donegal_man

A toilet roll Santa that my little lass made in crafts her first Christmas at school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

No way? :pac:

Yeah, I've got a little cute sheep who sits on it. I'm into mycology (the study of shrooms!) and one year came across some decorations that were mushrooms, fabric (like little plush toys) so we got them for a laugh, then the fairy disintegrated so we used the largest shroom on top, and now it's just tradition.

Star
    Yeah, I've got a little cute sheep who sits on it. I'm into mycology (the study of shrooms!) and one year came across some decorations that were mushrooms, fabric (like little plush toys) so we got them for a laugh, then the fairy disintegrated so we used the largest shroom on top, and now it's just tradition.

haha that's amazing! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Other
    Always a lovely star! It just feels more like Christmas to me than an angel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Fairy on the main tree, star on the one in the porch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We had a gold angel for years but we put her up on the tree on Monday and she wouldn't stay up there as her head is too big for her body. Haven't decided what we're getting yet but I would love a light up snowflake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Alternate between Angel/Start every year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

A Tomten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Star
    We put the angel I made in junior infants on the top. Coming from a family of 4 children I think this is the single piece of proof that I am the favourite :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭Guffy

Erm and there is no religious symbolism involved with the star... you know, the one that guided the three wise men to jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Angel on the tree, star on the crib.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Other

But isn't the star representative of the star off Bethelem which led the wisemen, shepards etc to the bould baby jebus?
    So it is sort of symbollically religious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I could live without a tree altogether if I had the choice, but peer pressure forced me to get a small tree and it has a star on top. I'm non-committal tbh. It's just symbolism at the end of the day.

What I want to do is have a few plain small lamps on the windows for the week running up to christmas because it just feels christmasy to me. Something about letting vagrants know they are welcome if they need shelter? You can bet your ass that that's just symbolism too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Other
    Neither, I have a big glass spike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Yeah, I mean imagine anything religous creeping you out at Christmas?

Star, used to have an Angel passed down by my grandmother but it's seen better days at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Neither. This year is myself and my gf first proper Christmas living together so we decided to get something non religious since I was born church of Ireland and am now pretty much Buddhist and she was born catholic and is now pretty much pagan. We got one of those glass tree toppers.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/456693218433343207/

Star
    Neither. This year is myself and my gf first proper Christmas living together so we decided to get something non religious since I was born church of Ireland and am now pretty much Buddhist and she was born catholic and is now pretty much pagan. We got one of those glass tree toppers.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/456693218433343207/

That's lovely :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement