Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know where to get used original Xbox games? mechassault/splintercell ?

Options
  • 05-12-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

i know i'm a little late to the (oringinal) Xbox modding party, but i bought a used one today for 10 euro and would like to set it up as a linux box for fun. (i know, i have a problem :P )
    Are there game shops that are likely to sell such old games around Dublin City?
    Otherwise any used game swap sites or anything like that? Had a look on adverts, donedeal, buy&sell & ebay to no avail (not cheap, anyway).
    The games i am looking for are Mechassault, SplinterCell 1 & 007 Agent Under Fire.
    They contain buffer overflow vulnerabilities that allow rewriting of the boot BIOS, so any of them would do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Where are you located? I have copy of Splinter cell and mem card with saves needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 naraic0o

Malahide, but i'm in the city centre weekdays for college.
    How about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noobsaibot21

GameXchange on Talbot street might have them without realising it. Same with The RAGE (Though they probably DO know what to look for). I think selected Agent Under fire games have the same "feature" too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 naraic0o

i managed to get a copy of Splinter Cell on adverts for 3squid! not bad. now i just need to figure out how to write to a FATX formatted usb memory stick from linux to copy the expoit-containing savegames to the xbox :P

i found this, but i'm getting c++ function mismatch errors that i haven't figured out how to fix yet. i will get there eventually...

Advertisement