Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery powered NON LED fairy lights

Options
  • 01-12-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Like the title, me and led have had a huge falling out. Even the " warm " ones are too bright and too cold for me.
    So I'm looking for normal fairy lights that are battery powered as I need them for my fire place garland and have no power supply nearby.
    Anyone come across them ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I've a feeling that I spotted some in Homestore and More, but they are selling them off so might be limited stock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

Idrive wrote: »
    Like the title, me and led have had a huge falling out. Even the " warm " ones are too bright and too cold for me.
    So I'm looking for normal fairy lights that are battery powered as I need them for my fire place garland and have no power supply nearby.
    Anyone come across them ?

penneys and homestore & more sell battery operated fairy lights for a few euro , also seen them in dealz too

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Lovely, thanks guys.
    I've been in home store a few times and didn't spot them. Will try Penneys tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Like the other posters would recommend trying HomeStore+More as it seems to have a varied amount of lights and decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

If you can only find the LED ones then I'm sure you can tuck them in around the garland so they are not shining out too bright.

• Advertisement

I might have to live with the led, tried home base, Penneys , dunnes and tesco :0). I can get non led but they are not battery powered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Idrive wrote: »
    I might have to live with the led, tried home base, Penneys , dunnes and tesco :0). I can get non led but they are not battery powered.

Might be a better idea. Traditional fairy light bulbs use a lot more power than LED bulbs so you would be going through lots of batteries over the festive season. Fairy lights do look nicer but the warm white LEDs aren't too bad.

Got some warmer led in next !!
    Crisis averted :0)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Very pretty:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

are those outdoor solar lights worth getting??

looking for non mains type

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

fryup wrote: »
    are those outdoor solar lights worth getting??

looking for non mains type

Have had couple of different sets of these solar powered lights both were crap.. About an hours worth of weak light for few nights and then stopped working completely

Advertisement