Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiology in UCC

Options
  • 19-11-2013 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So, I have to fill out the CAO form soon(ish) and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Physiology course in UCC.
    I already know that entry is through biological and chemical sciences but I am interested in Physiology because I have an interest in medicine.

Is it possible to go onto medicine after gaining a degree in Physiology? I feel like a physiology course would suit me more due to the fact that 1) I don't want to pigeon hole myself in medicine. 2) I have an interest in Science teaching and 3) the HPAT scares me!!!

So does anyone have any experience with this or any advice for me?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭uncle-mofo

I'm 4th year physiology at the moment, I'm enjoying the course, but you won't be doing any physiology until second year (as far as I remember) and even at that it's only 2 modules throughout the whole year. You can go onto do postgrad medicine but you have to sit the Gamsat which is similar enough to the hpat as far as I know. UCC's gonna be semesterised next year so things will probably be changing a bit but if you have any questions just let me know.

Advertisement