Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Website Review

Options
  • 29-11-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

Hey folks I'm designing a simple car website for a 1st year project and I would like some feedback. Myself and my partner have been asked to design a model of a car dealer mercedes-benz to display the cars and premises.

There are many flaws in it even though it is myself and partner's first ever designed website. We were not required to design the best website just to add in everything we covered (CSS, JS, JQ, HTML).

Here it is stored on a cloud server, Premier Cloud Hosting.

http://testwebsite.gopagoda.com/index.html

P.S If anyone can point me in the right direction to create a decent footer I would appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Lose the hit counter. It's not the 90's anymore!

The table on the left looks crap. Drop the border or change it from the default one.

The "Welcome" image is hard to read. If you want to keep it I'd extend the blue strip so that in encompasses the "Welcome", ie: put all the text on the strip.

The logo is fuzzy, get a higher res image or make it smaller.

Normally whenever I'm putting together a site I google around to look at other sites of a similar nature. It's not stealing it's inspiration... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Lose the hit counter. It's not the 90's anymore!

The table on the left looks crap. Drop the border or change it from the default one.

The "Welcome" image is hard to read. If you want to keep it I'd extend the blue strip so that in encompasses the "Welcome", ie: put all the text on the strip.

The logo is fuzzy, get a higher res image or make it smaller.

Normally whenever I'm putting together a site I google around to look at other sites of a similar nature. It's not stealing it's inspiration... ;)

Cheers for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Ok I spent quite a long time reshaping my website so I'm pretty happy with my new layout. http://testwebsite.gopagoda.com/index.html

Advertisement